Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I've actually got this feeling that the spoken word album is gonna be like... incredible. I think it will blow us away. Mainly because her projects that she takes less time on, without thought, without change of plans, just pure artistry straight on the go, always turns out to be some of her best work. Remember Honeymoon? How quickly it was made and without any hassle. Turned out to be one of the best albums of all time. She said the spoken word album sounded rough and unfinished, and we know her own opinion on her work is always wrong or the opposite. I think we're in for a great surprise with this one. :flutter: :flutter: :flutter:

I'm reserving judgment until it actually comes out, but I still think it's just gonna be her reading the poems, and most of those poems will be the ones from IG.

Anyone who thinks she's written all new poems for this is crazy.

I'm not saying that that's wrong or bad, because she's made it clear that this is no frills, but if there is even instrumental backing I'll be (pleasantly) surprised.

I also don't know that this release bodes particularly well for the hard copy book, because I feel like she might abandon that with the idea that, "I gave them the audio version and it's enough."

We'll see.

I really hope there's some sort of cover and she gives it to us soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

If she does do the hard copy can she PLEASE do it like Florence's and put (at least) the NFR lyrics in it? I don't get why she was like, "oh no, I can't do that. There are too many lyrics!" in the live stream. Like, bitch ... seriously go to Genius, copy/paste into a doc, correct the lines that are wrong, and send it to Ben. It'd take her 10 minutes to do that for the whole of NFR.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'm reserving judgment until it actually comes out, but I still think it's just gonna be her reading the poems, and most of those poems are the ones from IG.

Anyone who thinks she's written all new poems for this is crazy.

I'm not saying that that's wrong or bad, because she's made it clear that this is no frills, but if there is even instrumental backing I'll be (pleasantly) surprised.

I also don't know that this release bodes particularly well for the hard copy book, because I feel like she might abandon that with the idea that, "I gave them the audio version and it's enough."

We'll see.

I really hope there's some sort of cover and she gives it to us soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

If she does do the hard copy can she PLEASE do it like Florence's and put (at least) the NFR lyrics in it? I don't get why she was like, "oh no, I can't do that. There are too many lyrics!" in the live stream. Like, bitch ... seriously go to Genius, copy/paste into a doc, correct the lines that are wrong, and send it to Ben. It'd seriously take her 10 minutes to do that for the whole of NFR.

Florence's book is everything. Gorgeous and worth every penny. Lana would never release anything as beautiful as that. She's too lazy for that. 

useless%2Bmagic.jpg

As for the spoken word album, I don't have much hope for it. I doubt it will be anything as beautiful as Burnt Norton.

I feel like no one is on side with me in not hating NFR :(

All I see is criticism of Jack and Lana but it's not deserved imo

what? who the fuck hates NFR? Name the tasteless rats

so is it coming?  i think we would have the NZ release already 

It's the 3rd here and there's nothing on my Apple or Spotify ... but we don't know how she's doing this, so 

Didn't she say the 4th, though? 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I feel like no one is on side with me in not hating NFR :(

All I see is criticism of Jack and Lana but it's not deserved imo

I guess there's just more to say r.e. criticism than just expressing like for something if that makes sense? I like the album as a whole, but compared to her other albums I have a lot more to say that's critical of it. Part of it is because it's relatively new and I'm not as interested in being critical of her other albums- discussions on them pertain more to the legacy of the albums than specific elements. The time will come for NFR (and LFL for that matter) when its legacy is discussed instead of kind of nitpicky stuff I know I'm guilty of. Don't be disheartened by what you see on here though- loads of people love it.

locals only

what? who the fuck hates NFR? Name the tasteless rats

I dont hate it, but it has the same bulkiness that lust for life had, i think if u remove doin time, bar and bartender its far more listenable. I dont dislike any of these songs but they're pointless on the album, doin time works better as a standalone single, bar was just obviously ruined and bartender doesn't sound right on the album

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I have a bad feeling that we're not going to hear any more word of this spoken word album and she's going to completely abandon/scrap it. I feel she's doing the same with the potential cover album, unless she's being very lowkey about it. I hate that she says that she's going to do something and never ends up doing it.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123