Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

OK woww so I think I'm about to order the Urban Outfiters vinyl. At first I was like... nah, I think I'm good.It's expensive anyway, with shipping and all. But... since I now feel how I feel 'bout NFR and I looove the OU cover so... I mean.. I think it's soo pretty. And welllll my birthday isn't too far away either.... :hooker:  :hooker:

I ordered one too and I still dread when it arrives and I’ll have to pay taxes. :rip:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

NFR's greatest strength is that there aren't really any low lows compared to basically all of her other albums (BTD's fillers + messy production, UV's repetitive lyrics, HM's Freak + HBTH :toofunny: , LFL  :toofunny: ) but there are some really high highs here. I know some people will like these albums no matter what, but there's a reason why NFR's receiving lots of acclaim imo (when you look through the eyes of the GP)

sgopYhV.gif

NFR's greatest strength is that there aren't really any low lows compared to basically all of her other albums (BTD's fillers + messy production, UV's repetitive lyrics, HM's Freak + HBTH :toofunny: , LFL  :toofunny: ) but there are some really high highs here. I know some people will like these albums no matter what, but there's a reason why NFR's receiving lots of acclaim imo (when you look through the eyes of the GP)

Agree, to me there isn't a bad or even average song on the album and like half the album are among my very top Lana songs, im quite shocked at how much I like California, Bartender, The Greatest, NFR, Love Song - I thought Cinnamon Girl would be my favourite from the snippet and despite me really liking it those other 5 songs I thought were even better :defeated: and even ones I felt I may not like like TNBAR and HIAB I really like.

I had emailed customer service on Lana’s shop a bunch of times last week about cancelling the standard black (or the whole order, then reorder the green) and they finally got back to me and all they said was the green one doesn’t come out til the 6th now... like no shit, I already knew that. I was asking if I could either cancel my order or at least part of it, not when part of it came out. Ugh I hate dealing with online shops for major label artists.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Do it. I had to cancel mine because I thought they'd already taken out the money weeks ago and then got an email saying my bank wasn't authorizing it :toofunny: do it for the rest of us

Same here. I had a major panic attack when I got the email saying they weren’t sending it. I had to call them and change payments.

The Album flows so well :flutter:

And why said no one that the snippet we heard last year on Chucks Insta story (with a Video producer) was a snippet of Bartender :smokes:

Finally I know what she sings in the snippet:

And when at last the day is done, I grab (my keys)

I always heard: It would'nt last the day is gone I break... :facepalm:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The Album flows so well :flutter:

And why said no one that the snippet we heard last year on Chucks Insta story (with a Video producer) was a snippet of Bartender :smokes:

Finally I know what she sings in the snippet:

And when at last the day is done, I grab (my keys)

I always heard: It would'nt last the day is gone I break... :facepalm:

wait could you possibly link me to a youtube video or something of chucks insta story where it plays i cant seem to find one

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

wait could you possibly link me to a youtube video or something of chucks insta story where it plays i cant seem to find one

I didn't find it on Youtube but I found it on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/BilZRoYhFIs/

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Omg, HIAB is hitting me so hard today... I already loved it but today it’s just hitting that spot... especially the Don’t be a jerk part. I just want to scream it out. And then the soft way she sings baby I just wanna dance right after the Don’t be a jerk part... wheeewwww

Finally finished reading through all the mess, can't believe some of the things i read on my way here smh but oh well what matters is this album is absolutely fucking AMAZING, i was always completely unbiased as far as ranking the records goes, i really cant choose between the past releases personally, but this.... omg i think this really might be THAT bitch in her discography, initially i couldn't deal with TNBAR's changes and the christmas version of HTD but after a few days both tracks sound as amazing as the rest, and California?? bitch i gagged so hard on my own tears i though i was getting hospitalized... i have been reborn under the light of Norman Fucking Rockwell! we have truly ascended periodt 10/10

Lana is keeping her 86 on Metacritic with two new reviews! One gave her 90 and the other one 75

I guess my opinion is kinda biased from being a longtime Lana fan but this album is lowkey her best when you consider how much it showcases her growth as an artist. Like how can those personal references in the lyrics and Lizzy Grant vocals not be incredibly sentimental to any Lana stan. It'd be interesting to have a non-Lana fan listen to all of her albums back to back and see if this album is just as remarkable to them without fully understanding all the layers this record has to offer.

Finally I can say that Nfr! is my favourite album from Queen Mother :legend: :party:

I love still UV and HM and their will  ever be masterpieces and Iconic and unique but Nfr really is my current favourite.

But UV and HM will never be forgotten. Nfr - UV -HM is the holy trinity and have a special place in my heart and Born to die was an important Album for Miss del Rey and I still adore it. Paradise is still cute :diva:

And Lfl feels like a Lana playlist with some great/good songs (Heroin,Get Free,13 Bitches)  and some okay songs(for example the title track)

OiUHEXQ.jpg