Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

i just woke up but omg!!! september 5th?!!?? lana better hold true to that date. if this is another norman situation.. well.. it’ll be worth it. lmao.

also she went off, as she should in that insta post. i’m proud of her. she deserves to write about whatever she wants without criticism. especially in a time like this. i can’t wait.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

y’all WHAT WILL THIS RECORD BE LIKE, A SEQUEL TO UV?!?!

are we going back to the basics of what makes her Miss LDR?!?!?!

sad poetry, blue skies, NY dives, WHAT CAN THIS FUCKING MEANNNNNNNNNNN

anyways, my bf is asleep but i sent him the open letter already and he’s going to know how much i’m freaking out rn

i also wonder if this post was made because of the bullshit she got from her record company about UV.

and she bent to their liking throughout HM, LFL, and NFR

it now seems like she doesn’t give a fuck, she’s doing what she wants again. not that she didn’t on the last three, but they were a sort of compromise.

HM and NFR I don't think were what her record company would have wanted... Besides High by the Beach and Doin' Time being shoehorned on that is. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

i just checked twitter. staying out of that mess.

and will we actually get the album on sept. 5th? probs not.

but it is nice to know that she’s definitely working on a new record already.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

i'm so excited to see what this upcoming era is going to look like, now i'm really hyped for it. i can't wait to hear a more honest, raw, unapologetic lana again. i actually feel confident that she will drop the album this year at least, it seems as though she's been more honest and she's also been on social media a lot more often. i feel like she's very confident right now. 

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

I'm ok with Jack, he's versatile enough and since Rick's track on NFR is the worst by far...

I would love for her to work with Andre Watt, Paul Epworth and Damon Albarn again tho

8nl2OpX.png

I’m getting Honeymoon pre-release period (which was my fave from her), if she sticks to Sept 4 or 5. Only a year after UV, which I was still loving everyday, almost no interviews and singles over a short period of time.

Arguments for a Sept 4-5 release : She had nothing else to do during quarantine : no shows, no MV to film, hot breakup that she wanted to write about (to close that chapter of her life?). Jack seems to have spent a lot of time on the studio and there were Probably no « flying to LA to record », which saves a lot of time for creation. When she announces a precise date to a project, her track record is better at coming through (except for the poetry book, all the other PRECISE dates came through, I think, and I ain’t talking about « soon » or « next year » or « in a couple of months »). The poetry book (audio) seems to have a better direction / planing after a year of teasing and almost nothing, and should not interfere with the creation of LDR7 (maybe).

Arguments against : Well, it’s Lana and she could want to completely shift the tone of the damn thing.

and she bent to their liking throughout HM, LFL, and NFR

it now seems like she doesn’t give a fuck, she’s doing what she wants again. not that she didn’t on the last three, but they were a sort of compromise.

I think Honeymoon was still in the vein of the earlier material tbh, just more refined and less controversial than Ultraviolence. She called it her vanity project and I definitely believe that it was her vision and her vision only. Lust For Life was definitely held at gun point by the label; it has label interference written all over it and I guess that's why for me it's her weakest.

Norman Fucking Rockwell, again I think was still her vision, but her vision from her then compromised mind set if that makes sense? Like it felt very her and she's clearly very proud of the album. It also touched on the political climate in a more artistic way than the Lust For Life attempts. I think now she's just realised she doesn't have to compromise her mindset cos of something critics said 8 years ago... So yeah, I think the only album that felt like a compromise was Lust For Life.

I saw somebody saying how this statement she's released doesn't make sense as of late, she's stopped singing certain songs and lyrics etc. She retired Cola and stopped singing "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" from Ultraviolence. Again, I don't think this was something she was forced to do or was in anyway a compromise. I think she made these decisions to try and be more politically correct and to avoid criticism. However, right now, it seems like she no longer fears the criticism and is ready to return to a sound and style she clearly loves and is passionate about and I guess that in itself is quite brave of her.

honestly one of the reasons why I was drawn to her in the first place was that she wasn't afraid of getting down w difficult feelings and that's a fucking STRENGTH. Glamorous OiWMoID.gif

This. We need no holds barred bitchy Lana back we miss her malevolence

I am going to make SURE I am single when this album drops. The past 3 have come out while I was seeing someone, and all three times it ended in disaster for me lmfao

#LanaLiftThisCurseOnMeChallenge

negAbhB.png