Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

I'm kind of aching to hear a Jon Brion x Lana record every time I listen to NFR (the song)

A lot of people have already pointed this out but that song definitely has a very Fiona-esque vibe to it with the vocal delivery and the piano/brass in the production.

Please God. Let this collab happen :pray2:

lana work with jon brion challenge

great minds amirite

it's just the way i feel

If she's already made a few songs from this album it's mostly likely been produced by Jack which is a huge bummer. I really dont know what to make of his production. It's really good but at the same time it feels lifeless, i want rick or someone new. Im so over this beachy, calming, free loving aesthetic

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

If she's already made a few songs from this album it's mostly likely been produced by Jack which is a huge bummer. I really dont know what to make of his production. It's really good but at the same time it feels lifeless, i want rick or someone new. Im so over this beachy, calming, free loving aesthetic

It's funny because I find Jack's production really amazing, it's a fresh bowl of air! It's so new! I was dying for Lana and him working together and now that it's happening on another album than NFR I'm even happier. NFR was already super incredible

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The way NFR is very piano heavy, I think WHF will be very guitar heavy. Not like heavy guitars, but very full of them. Moreso acoustic guitar but maybe a little electric. Like obviously not just guitars just as NFR wasn’t just pianos. But like the skeletons of the songs were mostly piano and piano is dominant on most songs. But I do have a weird inkling that the WHF songs will be based around soft lush guitars. Idk the title just screams summery contemplative road trip guitars. Maybe I’m just projecting too much of what I want.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

The way NFR is very piano heavy, I think WHF will be very guitar heavy. Not like heavy guitars, but very full of them. Moreso acoustic guitar but maybe a little electric. Like obviously not just guitars just as NFR wasn’t just pianos. But like the skeletons of the songs were mostly piano and piano is dominant on most songs. But I do have a weird inkling that the WHF songs will be based around soft lush guitars. Idk the title just screams summery contemplative road trip guitars. Maybe I’m just projecting too much of what I want.

This is exactly why I want Dan to make his glorious comeback as Lana's producer. Sorry, but Jack's production, while it was somewhat cute (I guess?), was lifeless, flat and dry. Whereas Dan's production style was much more balanced, Jack's style is way too subtle and subdued. Just listen to the demo and final versions of both West Coast and Sad Girl. That is God's work!

This is exactly why I want Dan to make his glorious comeback as Lana's producer. Sorry, but Jack's production, while it was somewhat cute (I guess?), was lifeless, flat and dry. Whereas Dan's production style was much more balanced, Jack's style is way too subtle and subdued. Just listen to the demo and final versions of both West Coast and Sad Girl. That is God's work!

This would still be great but it isn’t what I meant. UV does revolve around guitars but the exact opposite kind of guitars I imagined for WHF. I was trying to describe soft peaceful acoustic guitars, not deep moody electric guitars. I’d be all here for that too (I’m a slut for a good guitar solo) but she’s done that before so I’d prefer something else. Maybe more of HM’s soft lush feel but based around guitars. So kinda like another UV meets HM like NFR but in a different way than NFR. Idk if that makes sense. And tbh I kind of see the production being more subtle than NFR’s, almost like NFR meets HM in that sense or even like a very soft UV. Idk I can’t put it quite into words because I’m more predicting the vibe of it than the genre.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Do you think Lanas new police guy will influence WHF? Do you think there will be songs who are about him or maybe about Chase?

personally I think that the probability isn't low that their will be songs about them or at least one of them..

Hopefully the lyric themes aren't the same as the NfR ones bc it would feel over the top if she sing  about California, dancing and partying  again

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Hasn't she been doing that her entire career?

Actually yes but I wouldn't mind if on a few songs would be these themes. But I would appreciate it so much if she would surprise us wih something new but no LFL political songs pls I lover her work and maybe these themes make it feel so Lana but idk I hope you know what I mean. I love NfR but i dont want WHF to be NfR 2.0

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Hopefully the lyric themes aren't the same as the NfR ones bc it would feel over the top if she sing  about California, dancing and partying  again

i would be here for songs about dancing and partying set somewhere that isnt california 

it's just the way i feel

It really depends if you like his style outside of Lana or not. Was it for the Kiss FM interview last week that she said that NFR had a singer-songwriter vibe and because of that, they didn’t want to go bombastic with the production? So the « minimal » production is a choice I guess.

At the moment, I envision WHF as very folky (if they include the country songs and Yosemite).

And I kinda see a continuation with NFR, if only for the name... Norman Fucking Rockwell... White HoT Forever

I want White Hot Forever to be a mix between UV and trip hop

NFR was everything I wanted from her so might as well play with it

I don't think Jack would make a folky album with her. It would've been a waste of his talent. She could make one with literally any other producer

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

The whole record announcement and this thread  still feel unreal :awkney: :assad:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

I really want this album to be jazzy like TLY. Jack can make miracles with the piano, the bass and strings, and I know he can do something amazing with a saxophone too. An album that would be the combination of jazz from the 50's and modern jazz. I dream of that!

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~