Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

She winds me up, this woman!

Hibernates for eternity and BOOM!

Think of how much we've been through in the run up to NFR... do I have the energy to jump straight back in again! I'm knackered...

I'm off to dwell in VB for another year

didn't she talk about Music to Watch Boys To as being album 3 just after uv was released? then that all changed. wouldn't take this at face value

I’m going to take this opportunity to say something I’ve been thinking a lot about recently.... She has said that Ultraviolence was ALWAYS called Ultraviolence. I believe her. We also know she sometimes refers to singular songs as records and has done so on more than one occasion. We just took her the wrong way and had the idea MTWBT was the album title. After talking about it she also says “I’m going later tonight to record it” which provides some more evidence she really just meant it was the song title, not album.

Would you guys mind link me to that interview? I’ve been trying to find it forever

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I do believe we'll get the new record next year, she's done it before with Ultraviolence in 2014 and Honeymoon in 2015 and like she said she's in a creative space and doesn't want to stop. She has an album title which likely means there's a title track complete. I for one am very excited for this.

However, there is no way White Hot Forever will be a surprise release... If anything it'll be another Honeymoon-esque release. In which we'll get the whole rollout in a month. She's signed to a major label and she wanted Norman Fucking Rockwell to be a lowkey release and they've really pushed it with the visuals and last minute promo, the signed copies etc.

I believe it's coming next year too. We've all seen how fast she wrote, produced and recorded Looking for America. If I'm not mistaken it got done in a DAY and still sounded beautiful af. Add 13 more songs with a little extra time with producing/mixing etc and the album is pretty much good to go.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think she might add Rbfy/HBB/IMBSFFSH.

I'm expecting a jazz or something in the vein of DT/FIILY. I would absolutely love for her to go in the direction of Bel Air/Bartender though. Ethereal.

Well I guess we'll never know with this woman. Shes gonna catch up by surprise and release a rap album and beat the shit outta everyone else. XO

I’m going to take this opportunity to say something I’ve been thinking a lot about recently.... She has said that Ultraviolence was ALWAYS called Ultraviolence. I believe her. We also know she sometimes refers to singular songs as records and has done so on more than one occasion. We just took her the wrong way and had the idea MTWBT was the album title. After talking about it she also says “I’m going later tonight to record it” which provides some more evidence she really just meant it was the song title, not album.

I think I read somewhere that Ultraviolence was formerly going to be called "Black beauty", but she decided to change the title when the song leaked.

I think I read somewhere that Ultraviolence was formerly going to be called "Black beauty", but she decided to change the title when the song leaked.

That would have sucked. I remember it so well when she dropped the Ultraviolence title, I was so hyped just because of how great it was

Question for you all...

With this new album what do you think we can expect?

Is it more than likely to be a NFR part 2? Her and Jack having such a chemistry that they created lots more tracks together?

Or could be something different? Each album has been very much her "aesthetic" but always approached differently or produced/mixed differently.

What would you want to hear from her?

A return to BTD grandiosity or the more subtle acoustic surf vibes of NFR?

Question for you all...

With this new album what do you think we can expect?

Is it more than likely to be a NFR part 2? Her and Jack having such a chemistry that they created lots more tracks together?

Or could be something different? Each album has been very much her "aesthetic" but always approached differently or produced/mixed differently.

What would you want to hear from her?

A return to BTD grandiosity or the more subtle acoustic surf vibes of NFR?

I think the time is right for a country/folk album in the style of TNC, hey blue baby and bad country song. Yosemite is getting her revenge.

Lana needs to keep working with more producers. NFR was the sonic revival her music needed. She’s probably gonna work with Jack again and I trust him to make the sound different enough from NFR but I just don’t want the songs to start sounding uninspired like an unnamed previous record.

Imagine a 12-track dream pop (with a touch of shoegaze) album. Lana meets Beach House meets Mazzy Star. 

She's flirted with this sound with UV and NFR, but I want full-on Beach House mode.

I'd be here for a more Mazzy Star like sound but .. nah, pls no Beach House stuff. I like shoegaze and dreampop but beach House is so headache inducing with their over-the-top synths.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!