Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

"taking a lot longer to hand-bind than i thought"  :toofunny:

as if she's all day rehearsing new songs for the tour :lmao:

Ok...

But she is lying about binding

As someone who released a book of poetry on my own... I can say this is not true

But who knows with what she wanted to bind a book

With flowers?!

Can you explain why is it not possible for her to bind the book?

@Creyk

I am just saying that her saying it takes time is a lie

Binding is done in a day for normal books or less

Can we get @@PANG on the case?

(Props on your attention to detail to everyone who gets this joke.)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

You know what i might do, i would kinda class her poetry as part of the NFR era so once the spoken word album is released i think it would be a good idea to add some of the poems as interludes in between the appropriet songs on NFR. Imagine it suddenly going from a 14 track album to a 20 - 25 track masterpiece with poems and instrumentals, wow

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It should be good, if she is releasing poetry i'd have liked her to have hand written the poetry and released audio of her reading it since it seems more personal.

Also how many people are going to make those "people say you can't dance to Lana Del Rey" memes about this poetry lol

as much as I want to think this will be like Burnt Norton, because yes its the bestest, there is a BIG difference between T S ELIOT'S poems and lana's poems 

as much as I want to think this will be like Burnt Norton, because yes its the bestest, there is a BIG difference between T S ELIOT'S poems and lana's poems 

i don't have anything to add, just felt like this bore repeating for those in the back

it's just the way i feel

I wasn't really paying attention to T OILET'S words though I just like her speaking voice  :fabcat:

If it sounds like the Ride Monologue...I will straight die from joy.  :flutter: That's free form poetry.  :ohmy:  

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

This is so fucking cool. Who else is doing this? We have really watched her do a complete 360 and return to her folky roots and original inspirations over the past 8 years.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I’ve been thinking now that this might actually be a spontaneous decision for Lana. Seeing as she’s releasing it on the 10th anniversary of her debut album (also a Saturday), it’s clear she did this intentionally and she probably knew we’d all catch on too. I’m also thinking she might possibly only sell it for as long as her first album was available too, probably as just a fun (but unnecessary) parallel. It’s crazy to see though how far she’s come in a decade. It really feels like she’s celebrating her first 10 years, and how far she’s come and how much she’s grown by releasing this poetry album. She finally gets to be a poet.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I hope it's the Violet Bent Backwards poems that will be in spoken form. 
But since she called it a bit «rough» and unpolished, I don't expect the whole thing to sound like Burnt Norton or the Ride monologue. Maybe a couple will have some musical background, but not the whole bunch... 

She had dreams of being a beautiful poet... and now they are coming true. The poetry inside of her is warm like a gun. :legend:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt