Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

It is still eligible for Best Spoken Word Album at the Grammys though, so maybe this will be the one... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Spoken_Word_Album

Further validation that it is eligible here: https://www.grammy.com/sites/com/files/bluebook_ga_category_rules_spoken_word.pdf

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

i think the most interesting thing about her poetry so far is that she really, really seems to be opening up in a way we’ve never seen. i feel as though we’re really going to hear a new layer of her we can’t understand in her music

since the audio book is published on 28 Jul, which makes it eligible for this year's Grammys? 

or does it have to be published through Interscope before 31 Aug to make it eligible for this year tho?

i want her to win one so badly

:poordat:

giphy.gif

So do do guys heard only LA who I am or the full poetry book?

I'll try to stay strong and not listen to LA who I am to love you before tomorrow bc I want to listen to the whole thing while I'm taking a walk ,looking at the sky and feeling a soft breeze on my skin

Or maybe I'll listen to LA who I am today aaah is it good?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

since the audio book is published on 28 Jul, which makes it eligible for this year's Grammys? 

or does it have to be published through Interscope before 31 Aug to make it eligible for this year tho?

i want her to win one so badly

:poordat:

Since it will be available in full as an audiobook on Audible and Google Play Store on July 28th, that alone makes it eligible, it doesn't necessarily have to be released on Spotify/Apple Music etc. before August 31st.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

So do do guys heard only LA who I am or the full poetry book?

I'll try to stay strong and not listen to LA who I am to love you before tomorrow bc I want to listen to the whole thing while I'm taking a walk ,looking at the sky and feeling a soft breeze on my skin

Or maybe I'll listen to LA who I am today aaah is it good?

The poems are just so long (in a great way!) it's almost like it's too much content for me to take in at once, so if possible, I'll probably dive into the poems early  :facepalm:

It's annoying me that on Lana's site, there are buttons to order the CD, vinyl and picture disc, but not the cassette...girl, who is handling the merch because this is messy. https://lanadelrey.com/

It's annoying me that on Lana's site, there are buttons to order the CD, vinyl and picture disc, but not the cassette...girl, who is handling the merch because this is messy. https://lanadelrey.com/

Omg the link to purchase the book is still taking you to spotify... :awkney:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

they only list all internationally available versions, the cassette, cream vinyl, bundles, green vinyl (let alone the uo exclusive) aren't internationally available

i76mrxw.png 

I’m at work and supposed to be taking calls right now but this is worth getting fired for

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wish the audio wasn't coming out in advance of the actual book (and the records/cds). I'm sure I'll break down and listen to it tomorrow, but I'm kind of not as excited about this as I should be...   :ohno:

I’m at work and supposed to be taking calls right now but this is worth getting fired for

not with those 12 physical violet bent backwards variants on preorder!

i76mrxw.png 

Pull yourself together, you'll hear everything soon. It's not worth losing your job. ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png