Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

omg I listened to it this morning while getting ready for work and it is amazing. I loved every track. She truly does get down to read beat poetry

i'm trying to buy it and i cant

i wanted to get it on audible and i couldnt

I had that trouble last night but it worked this morning. Sometimes kindle and Audible glitch a bit the first few hours of a release

what is going on

:defeated:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

just finished listening for the first time!! it’s so unique to hear her thoughts. like almost having a personal connection and/or relationship with lana. i’m not sure if i have an exact “favorite”, theyre all beautiful and revealing and heavenly in their own ways. i found myself getting lost in her words at times just because of her voice and how entrancing it is mixed with the music. i’ll definitely have to give it a few more listens before i even consider “favorites”.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

also if you still looking for a cheap way to listen and don’t want to spend the money...

make an audible account, sign up for the 30-day free trial, get your one free audiobook aka Violet, and then cancel the subscription after it’s in your library!!!! you still get to keep the audiobook even if you cancel. though you do have to use your credit card to sign up.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Holy shit. Sportcruiser and L.A. are phenomenal.

Don't mind me, I'm just crying.

I love this woman with all my heart, her velvet voice, her beautiful poetry.

I've always wanted to hear the story about her flying and sailing lessons, that poem made me smile so much.

Can't believe I'm lucky enough to live at the same time as the great Miss Lana Del Rey.

This is the one time a download card in a vinyl would actually be of any use and of course vinyls aren't shipped for another 3 months  :toofunny:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It's not music but still, it's amazing. I remember how Lana gave an interview about the pilot who told her "you don't trust yourself", and now that story is on "Sportcruiser", it sounds familiar a quite beautiful. 

She's not a pop artist, she's art. There are a lot of iconic quotes, and the closers are so polished and the music is out of this world. 

Jack and Lana are THE COUPLE. Can't wait for COCC :')

It’s weird but really nice seeing everyone liking a project. Like, literally everyone that has posted about Violet liked it. Usually when she releases an album we all have different opinions. When music fails to unify people, poetry does it :flutter:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think I figured out why I couldn't buy it last night. I'll try again later! <3

Hey, I got fed up with Audible's antics last night and cancelled my pre-order. Then, as kindly suggested by Skid Cherry Pie, I proceeded to Google Play where I bought it no problem, just like that and best of all, the amount was converted in pesos so no impuesto Pais either. Total win-win situation!  :omfg:  

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.