Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

I wonder how much of this is fiction. I only heard LA so far but it really made me wonder. Gonna listen to the rest before bed in the dark.

She mentions a husband in one of the poems, so not all of it is autobiographical.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Omg  :rip:  :defeated:   :worship:   :legend:   :gclap:   :deadbanana:   :crai:   :rollin:

That was tragically comforting.

The poems themselves I read them last night and I have much to say.

Musically speaking, just perfect. Don't know about favorites, but I would love a longer version of 'Quiet Waiter Blue Forever' do slow-dance with my love. So, so romantic.

i feel like the one person whos not absolutely in love with the audiobook :/ i like it, and as a fan of poetry (and a writer of it, myself) i think the poems are really good, but the audiobook was a bit lackluster for me. I'm still excited to read the actual book though, and i promise this isn't me trying to play devil's advocate or be contrarian. :)

Not the only person. I think it has many faults, but I don't really care enough to state what I think they are and get dragged for doing so. Actual music is coming soon, so it's whatever. 

Just not my thing but that's okay

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think the most obvious parallels between NFR and Violet are as follows:

SportCruiser and Mariners Apartment Complex

Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving and How to Disappear

Never to Heaven and  Cinnamon Girl

Paradise Is Very Fragile and The Greatest

Bare Feet on Linoleum and Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have it 

More of a reach, but I also think we could match Quiet Waiter-Blue Forever with Love Song and more closely to Bartender for the romantic moods (thanks @@GeminiLanaFan for this <3) and of course the vehicle themes.

and The Land of 1000 Fires and Venice Bitch for their textured, layered, and rawer presentation and self-actualizing narratives juxtaposed with love.

Maybe Happy and Happiness is a Butterfly for obvious reasons - potentially Lana was exploring the way she both lets happiness alight upon her and chases it, respectively.

I love this project so much. <3

I think the most obvious parallels between NFR and Violet are as follows:

SportCruiser and Mariners Apartment Complex

Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving and How to Disappear

Never to Heaven and Cinnamon Girl

Paradise Is Very Fragile and The Greatest

Bare Feet on Linoleum and Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have it

More of a reach, but I also think we could match Quiet Waiter-Blue Forever and Love Song for their romantic moods

and The Land of 1000 Fires and Venice Bitch for their textured, layered, and rawer presentation and self-actualizing narratives juxtaposed with love.

Maybe Happy and Happiness is a Butterfly for obvious reasons - potentially Lana was exploring the way she both lets happiness alight upon her and chases it, respectively.

I love this project so much. <3

Quiet Waiter - Blue Forever is the « part 1 » and Bartender is « part 2 » to the story to me.

Love your parallels! Never to Heaven and Cinnamon Girl could be linked indeed!

Quiet Waiter - Blue Forever is the « part 1 » and Bartender is « part 2 » to the story to me.

Love your parallels! Never to Heaven and Cinnamon Girl could be linked indeed!

Oh I didn't even think of that but it makes so much sense! It's perfect! I'll actually edit that into my post, thanks! :)

And thank you! I think so too since both of them are about Joe and deal with her contemplations of her emotions affecting her relationship. I love her brilliant mind and ability to put words down so beautifully

so i bought violet, and first of all it doesnt go to my music app, it goes into apple's "book" app which i had to download. THEN, the book app just says "track 1" "track 2" and so on, not the names of the poems! Does anyone know if theres a link to the poems as individual MP3 downloads? I cant be the only person running into this issue hahaha

I wasn't excited for this at all, but I have to say I love the poems. I'm disappointed by the audio book, though. The music is great but the quality of the sound and the way her voice is recorded almost ruin it for me. I regret buying it but I'm looking forward to the actual book.

let me be who i'm meant to be