Elle

Site Update COMPLETE - Read for more Info!

Is there any way to stop notifications of new replies from status posts where we comment but that aren't ours? The only setting I see just includes all status updates notifications. It would be nice to have it like before where it notifies you about your own statuses only. Thanks again for all your work, Elle!

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Random question but does anyone know if there is a way to access the full desktop version of the site on mobile/phone browsers? (chrome) like before w the old site — it used to be a “full version” tab linked at the bottom of every page 

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Where do I go to make a status update?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 hours ago, Formation said:

Is there any way to stop notifications of new replies from status posts where we comment but that aren't ours? The only setting I see just includes all status updates notifications. It would be nice to have it like before where it notifies you about your own statuses only. Thanks again for all your work, Elle!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's an option to separate the different settings, and they're all grouped into one Status Update Notifications setting. This is something that looks to be out of my control, and I apologise! :( x

6 hours ago, California said:

There's two quick ways to do this - the first is to find the Recent Status Updates box on the homepage (on the right side of the page on Desktop, or at the bottom under the Forums list on Mobile) and you'll see a textbox that says "What's on your mind?" where you can enter your update. The second way to do this is by viewing your Profile, and under the Activity tab (which automatically loads upon viewing your profile) you can enter your status in the text box that lists "Write a public message on your own feed"  x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

7 hours ago, California said:

if you don't see the comment box like elle said, go to edit profile and enable status updates

took me forever to figure out too

i never even noticed the gender thing before. @Elle, maybe if you're able to add a drop down for it on ur profile, maybe we could add pronouns to people's pages? / maybe that could be something under people's icons in the same way you have location and fan since?

if there's one thing about lanaboards its the fact that everyone on this site is a cis gay man until proven otherwise

4 minutes ago, electra said:

i never even noticed the gender thing before. @Elle, maybe if you're able to add a drop down for it on ur profile, maybe we could add pronouns to people's pages? / maybe that could be something under people's icons in the same way you have location and fan since?

if there's one thing about lanaboards its the fact that everyone on this site is a cis gay man until proven otherwise

Male/Female/Not Telling have been there forever, but I added some more gender choices a few months ago.

Good idea! I've just added the option to enter one's preferred pronouns within the Profile Fields x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Male/Female/Not Telling have been there forever, but I added some more gender choices a few months ago.

Good idea! I've just added the option to enter one's preferred pronouns within the Profile Fields x

tysm! using it now! <3

I can finally log back in to my account :party:The old site kept doing this where I would create an account, stay logged in, then one day I would be logged out and couldn’t log in at all or reset my password or log in with twitter :toofunny:

The site looks great Elle

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I noticed when you check to see who's liked a post, it looks like there's space for several different kinds of reactions, 'cos there's a "Like" tab and an "All" tab, which atm are identical.

Is this something you'd be willing to expand upon - I mean, if others are interested too?

I know it's potentially a little redundant, but could be a cool thing to have...! 

rihKQ8M.gif

It's probably redundant what I am going to say, since a new design is on the way. Just wanted to point out, that it's quite difficult to sometimes read a text in dark grey colour against the purple background. A lighter font colour would be appreciated. :)

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

3 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Is there a link to the new terms & conditions anywhere on the site?

It disappeared for me because the site was being buggy when it popped up.

It's essentially just the existing LanaBoards rules, which can be found here :)

On 8/14/2020 at 1:43 AM, SweetHenny said:

I love this update and the fact that LB finally has a great mobile version now is just what we all've been needing for years :wowcry: The only thing I'm bummed about is that apparently we cannot see our older before-the-update posts and likes given to us anymore :(

On 8/13/2020 at 10:40 PM, Mer Boy said:

likes on old posts seem to be gone but that's not really a big deal! (also i had 14 notifications when i logged on, but they're gone so if y'all quoted me or smthn i'm not purposefully ignoring you). 

Thank you Elle <3 this couldn't have been simple !!!

On 8/13/2020 at 11:16 PM, evilentity said:

That would be really unfortunate. It was nice to be able to see who had liked particular posts. It would be a shame if all that old history was gone now.

I'm also really concerned about how the way the source button works now. I did a lot of manual formatting of my posts. The old formatting tags were pretty simple to use. Now it appears to be fairly complicated HTML shit.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, evilentity said:

Spoilers in old posts are broken too. So the formatting of basically every thread in my Early Shows section is trashed now. :barrie:

FYI if/when you fix spoiler tags, there was also a special centered spoiler called spoilerc that is also broken.

Well, good news about the old likes, guys! As the site has continued to reindex, the prior likes have started to come back. We still have a long way to go with reindexing everything, but if you poke into a few of the older threads, the previous likes are now viewable for the posts that have finished indexing reputation points.

& @evilentity it looks like all your old formatting has begun to fix itself as well, just had to give the site a little time to reindex and rebuild I suppose! x

I don't know if that has been addressed already, but in the old site we could search users using the search bar, but with the new update you can only search content?

42 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I don't know if that has been addressed already, but in the old site we could search users using the search bar, but with the new update you can only search content?

You can actually just open the drop-down menu underneath the search bar and switch from "Content search" to "Member search". :) (At least on mobile, can't check desktop right now.)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif