Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

12 minutes ago, baddisease said:

But what about Knockin' On Heaven's Door?

On the same zip file as Garden of Eden, Bel Air demo, Life is Beautiful piano demo, Roses Bloom For You and Neon Shadows

is "summer wine" considered a "american standard/classic" like summertime is? if not, maybe she's just choosing classic/older songs she really likes :really: which means she really could cover anything, the doors, the beatles, the rolling stones, nirvana, chris isaak, the possibilites are endless, really :really: :oopna: pacific blue is finally arriving... :really: 

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

14 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

is "summer wine" considered a "american standard/classic" like summertime is? if not, maybe she's just choosing classic/older songs she really likes :really: which means she really could cover anything, the doors, the beatles, the rolling stones, nirvana, chris isaak, the possibilites are endless, really :really: :oopna: pacific blue is finally arriving... :really: 

I've had a feeling that maybe she switched it from 'American Standards and Classics" to just covers in general, and with Barrie mentioning Summer Wine in that interview....:dua: I'm kind of starting to realize that nothing is fully impossible anymore when it comes to Lana and what she'll release 

imageproxy.jpg

17 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

back to our regularly scheduled manifestations of lana covering the doors we go :really:

mUENGN9.png

If Lana is going to cover a bunch of random songs, she should hop onto King Princess's song "Best Friend" and Melanie Martinez's "Haunted"

giphy.gif

i want lana to release her cover of Where The Boys Are or you know someone could leak it

i want her to cover landslide by fleetwood mac, can’t help falling in love by elvis, love is a losing game by amy, stormy weather by etta james and these days by nico. 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

18 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Not really, it's missing in this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook

Is she pulling from this list or are we just assuming??

I want her to cover "Heat Wave" but Marilyn's "There's No Business Like Show Business" version

WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

5 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

back to our regularly scheduled manifestations of lana covering the doors we go :really:

RIDERS ON THE STORM :scream: :scream: :scream:

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

23 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

I think summer wine has never a big hit not even on Nancy discography...:eartha2:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

2 minutes ago, imenos said:

if she doesn't cover Bang Bang then what's the point ?

I really adore Bang Bang, and no one ever did a better job than Nancy with this one. But it’s Lana and maybe she’d be able to top it. Who knows?