Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

"Hawaiian glam metal and surf noir";)  :P  :troll:  :facepalm:  In March 2011 she posted a YouTube link to the song on Facebook and wrote "I'm Doing A Sick Cover of This Song". I talked about it in Part 3 of my LanaDelReydio covers show podcast. #ShamelessSelfPromotion #CallMeJack Lana has talked about being hacked in several interviews, comments which seem to suggest she has been hacked multiple times in multiple ways (she mentioned a hard drive being accessed remotely in addition to her e-mail) perhaps by multiple people. :(If I recall correctly, I remember back in the day on SIN people making vague comments about feeling so bad/sorry for what happened to her and that her team needed to get their shit together or something like that and being told by someone that those comments were about rumors that she'd been hacked. Later, speculation naturally centered on Ahmed, a prominent Lana fan and fan site operator who was arrested on charges of hacking Sky Ferreira. But I've caught wind of enough rumors to make me suspect any incident of hacking was not isolated, unfortunately.As far as which e-mail address was hacked, I don't know (and wouldn't want to know), but there are at least two e-mail addresses she made the mistake of posting publicly and leaving up after becoming famous.So she's definitely been hacked, and undoubtedly a lot of stuff that has leaked probably came from hacking, but I personally suspect this fanbase has tended to assume more came from hacking than probably has. As @ rightly points out, a lot of tracks have come from sloppy publishing sites or producers inadvertently making them effectively public, or from producers intentionally posting them publicly. There's a number of songs that we know leaked this way, and probably some that we don't know. There are also a number of early songs that Lana herself made public that people probably just saved.Others may have posted more information, but here are links to some posts of mine discussing what's known about her being hacked and where some songs came from:http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5687-honeymoon-pre-release-and-discussion-thread/page-225&do=findComment&comment=257095http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5687-honeymoon-pre-release-and-discussion-thread/page-225&do=findComment&comment=257104http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/3625-thread-for-minor-general-questions-that-dont-deserve-their-own-thread/page-63&do=findComment&comment=200402http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5071-the-211-songs/&do=findComment&comment=199514

Thank you evil :heart:

lilkimxchapelle.png

Can someone remind me which track off Sirens had the skip(s) in it? Was it a song we have in better quality from FTE/QN? I can't be bothered to listen all the way through Sirens right now just to figure that out.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Has Lana ever explained her decision to portray a lesbian love affair in Summetime Sadness? To my understanding she is neither lesbian nor bisexual, so what was the reason behind the decision?

I once read this story that claimed the video was about her close friend who had died. IDK if it’s ever been confirmed but It’s more believable than the lesbian love affair.

in summertime sadness, the backup vocals don't sound like lana, are they her voice?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

in summertime sadness, the backup vocals don't sound like lana, are they her voice?

Interesting you should ask that, because in Dark Paradise and Lucky Ones, Rick Nowels' wife provided backing vocals.

As well as Hannah Robinson on Lolita and Emilie Bauer-Mein, James Bauer-Mein and David Sneddon on National Anthem. 

Interesting you should ask that, because in Dark Paradise and Lucky Ones, Rick Nowels' wife provided backing vocals.

I did not realize this.

This is how it happened in my head:

Rick: Who can we get to do background vocals?

Lana: I know your wife and she wouldn't mind.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

It's definitely Lana, I used to have the chorus backing vocals as a stem. I'm sure someone else around here has the file to send you.

As well as Hannah Robinson on Lolita and Emilie Bauer-Mein, James Bauer-Mein and David Sneddon on National Anthem. 

is this what you guys are talking about?

http://picosong.com/BKge/

For unreleased correct song names:

is it ??

Trash Magic

Trash (Magic)   or

Trash

is it??

Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)

Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love)

Puppy Love             or

Marilyn Monroe

is it:

Bollywood Hawaii         or

Maha Maha (Demo)

is it:

Wrong

Is It Wrong      or

Is It Wrong?

is it:

Hit and Run

Hit It and Run      or

Hit & Run

and what is it with C-Note and Hundred Dollar Bill (and the demo) what are the correct names for those two?

Edited by Ed55

@, here's what I've found/assumed/speculated (hopefully, more knowledgeable members can expand on or correct this): 

-the track we know as "Trash Magic" was listed on Lana's Myspace as "Miss America". However, in gig reviews, it was referred to as "Trash Magic" and Lana herself referred to it in a Youtube comment as both "Trash Magic" and "Miss America". Therefore, "Trash Magic" is probably the title to go with, as it's supported by gig reviews and Lana herself. 

-"Puppy Love"/"Marilyn Monroe" is totally up to your discretion, I'd say. It's registered as "Marilyn Monroe", with "Puppy Love" as an alternate title. It may be worth saying, though, that Lana referred to it as "Puppy Love" in a Facebook post, so I'd personally go with "Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love)" as the title. 

-The demo of "Maha Maha" was built around an instrumental by Princess Superstar called "Bollywood Hawaii in Space" and leaked as "Bollywood Hawaii"-- so, "Bollywood Hawaii" is probably the name to go with. 

-"Is It Wrong" is registered as "Is It Wrong" with BMI, but as "Is It Wrong?" with the Harry Fox Agency, so either is valid. Personally, I'd probably take the BMI title of "Is It Wrong", but that's just me. 

-No clue on "Hit & Run". 

-The demo of "Hundred Dollar Bill" was leaked as "C-Note", I'm pretty sure. The 4:01 version is the final, titled "Hundred Dollar Bill". (also interesting to note that Lana, performing at the Slipper Room in 2009, referred to the song as "Nothing More Gorgeous Than a Hundred Dollar Bill".)

Hope this helps!

o4qjp4j.png

@, here's what I've found/assumed/speculated (hopefully, more knowledgeable members can expand on or correct this): 

-the track we know as "Trash Magic" was listed on Lana's Myspace as "Miss America". However, in gig reviews, it was referred to as "Trash Magic" and Lana herself referred to it in a Youtube comment as both "Trash Magic" and "Miss America". Therefore, "Trash Magic" is probably the title to go with, as it's supported by gig reviews and Lana herself. 

-"Puppy Love"/"Marilyn Monroe" is totally up to your discretion, I'd say. It's registered as "Marilyn Monroe", with "Puppy Love" as an alternate title. It may be worth saying, though, that Lana referred to it as "Puppy Love" in a Facebook post, so I'd personally go with "Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love)" as the title. 

-The demo of "Maha Maha" was built around an instrumental by Princess Superstar called "Bollywood Hawaii in Space" and leaked as "Bollywood Hawaii"-- so, "Bollywood Hawaii" is probably the name to go with. 

-"Is It Wrong" is registered as "Is It Wrong" with BMI, but as "Is It Wrong?" with the Harry Fox Agency, so either is valid. Personally, I'd probably take the BMI title of "Is It Wrong", but that's just me. 

-No clue on "Hit & Run". 

-The demo of "Hundred Dollar Bill" was leaked as "C-Note", I'm pretty sure. The 4:01 version is the final, titled "Hundred Dollar Bill". (also interesting to note that Lana, performing at the Slipper Room in 2009, referred to the song as "Nothing More Gorgeous Than a Hundred Dollar Bill".)

Hope this helps!

thank you so much!

thank you so much!

Hit and Run leaked as that, "Hit and Run". Later, producer Tommy Tysper uploaded on Soundcloud the 2nd version we got of the song, but he titled it as "Hit It & Run". So I guess the first version's title is up to your own preferences. :)

Has Lana ever explained her decision to portray a lesbian love affair in Summetime Sadness? To my understanding she is neither lesbian nor bisexual, so what was the reason behind the decision?

Jaime once said it "could mean anything" or something like that. Like, they could be a couple, friends, family or whatever. I honestly think it was made just for ~controversy~ though.

So... I'm wondering how people sort From The End and Quiet Now in relation to Sirens. (BTW is it correct to change Quiet Now to "Young Like Me"?)

`I have been avoiding it for the longest simply because i don't listen to the songs that aren't on Sirens. I wish we had more information on the releases.

I suppose it's funny as From The End and Quiet Now are factually more "official" than Sirens, since we have records of them being registered and we actually have no information on Sirens being a fully formed album. However I'm never going to accept that it isn't.  :toofunny:

So with that said I have just made the tracks which weren't originally on Sirens (Blizzard, You, Mister, For You, Wait, There's Nothing To Be Sorry About, More Mountains, In Wendy) a second disc to the Sirens album in iTunes. 

This does annoy me though as, being "official" releases I feel like I should leave them in their original form, but there aren't many sources to back up that they're totally legit anyway.

@@evilentity thoughts? 

WellmadeThunderousFlatfish.gif

And as a side-note, I still think it is so crazy Lana has never been questioned about the album or the May Jailer monicker at all.  :crossed:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey