electra

Lana covers Mojo Magazine ("The Rise and Rise of Lana Del Rey - It's Dangerous On The Edges!")

It's sad that so many of you all would rather she shut up and regurgitate acceptable statements because god forbid she may say something ~controversial~ (real) and your friends will be mad at you for supporting her :facepalm: I'm actually here for anything different she has to say, but I suspect it's just going to be her complaining about not being universally acclaimed right away, which is much less interesting. She's super successful and finally got her acclaim with the last album so what is she so mad about? That was my main complaint with the "question for the culture" shit--bringing up ancient issues, for what??? Things have changed.

let me be who i'm meant to be

I think she looks gorgeous on the cover, and I am very excited for the interview. I admire Lana for speaking out against critics and finally taking a stand. However, I am just scared that she will say some tone deaf things like the whole QFTC and the Instagram comment. I understand she has good intentions and she has a point, but she needs to be cautious with how she words things because locals aren't going to read the whole thing, or be understanding with Lana because they don't know her like we do. 

In the words of Taylor Swift "They've got their pitchforks and proof, their receipts and reasons" :oprah3:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I really thought it was an old cover when promoting Honeymoon, it really looks great!
Now what will she say? I think she will come back to these moments of trouble with the mask, the accusations of racism, that she will talk a little about her private life and obviously about her music. But I feel that Lana has changed and gained confidence now so she is no longer the type to line up behind others, it could be salty. I just hope it won't be a negative interview or she will make her spoiled princess

Lana has a right to defend herself, and speak on the hate she gets from everyone. She is very divisive, and people hate her for no reason, even before QFTC, when I would tell people I loved Lana, I would usually get negative comments about how she's "fake", or a bad singer, or boring. For years (her whole career) she has been dragged for almost no legit reason.

Just now, hewasneon said:

Lana has a right to defend herself, and speak on the hate she gets from everyone. She is very divisive, and people hate her for no reason, even before QFTC, when I would tell people I loved Lana, I would usually get negative comments about how she's "fake", or a bad singer, or boring. For years (her whole career) she has been dragged for almost no legit reason.

Ok but like nearly a year later talking about the same controversy is sorta bringing it on yourself at that point

i agree she gets unnecessary hate, but when a point you are making is clearly not resonating and only bringing more fire your way, and you keep being it up over and over and over there comes a point where it seems like maybe you aren’t trying to make the situation better but only bring more fire to it :bebe:

also the fact that we don’t even know what she says in this interview and we are already panicked. QFTC truly rotted ours and her brain

1 hour ago, Fireffie said:

When do you think we'll see more pics? I want to buy it since it's cheap but what if I end up not liking the photoshoot i'm scared :hdu:

I already pre ordered mine and just a reminder that the interview magazine sold out very quickly so be careful! Maybe this magazine prints more issues who knows but still!

I’m so excited for the interview! Talking about her love of Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez? Yes please! :blush3:

Also between the “it’s dangerous on the edges” and the turquoise jewellery, I’m getting such strong Joni Mitchell vibes from this too, which I’m obviously digging.  Hope she brought that energy to the interview! :illumilana2:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

17 minutes ago, hewasneon said:

Lana a le droit de se défendre et de parler de la haine qu'elle reçoit de tout le monde. Elle est très controversée, et les gens la détestent sans raison, même avant QFTC, quand je disais aux gens que j'aimais Lana, je recevais généralement des commentaires négatifs sur la façon dont elle est "fausse", ou une mauvaise chanteuse, ou ennuyeuse. Pendant des années (toute sa carrière), elle a été traînée sans aucune raison légitime.

It's strange because I have the impression on the contrary that she is more and more respected and loved. Everyone knows her today, whereas before she was ignored and "few" people knew her music except those who had taste. She's become an inspiration and a lot of people don't hide from it like they used to, but I get what you mean I went through this in the BTD, UV and HM era where she was quite unpopular for some reason.

Well, I will wait for everyone to read it first and make their comments, and then I will decide whether I will read it or not. This can prevent me from having a heartburn. ?

I’m both excited and nervous 

this could be another Anne Mac situation since she did both interviews around the same time, so she was in the same headspace for both of them. 

But it could also work really good on her part, it just depends on how she articulates what she wants to say 

"Don’t forget me"

I've got no problems with her addressing unfair treatment from the beginning of her career. What I do have a problem with is how she goes on a word vomit rant that makes little sense and she sounds like your typical out of touch white woman. It's embarrassing and unnecessary. She needs to learn how to articulate herself a little better if she's going to talk about these issues.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

the makeup is a ultraviolence serve but this cover in general is also giving me billboard magazine 2015, which already gave me ultraviolence vibes back in the day but idk... maybe it's a honeymoon vibe after all. so far this era feels like honeymoon but in hell with all it's chaoticness