americangothic

Lana's diction and incomprehensible lyrics

4 hours ago, 111 said:

i had hearing problems that day

Oop interesting! So it is don’t be afraid of our love?

while I’m on the topic of TJF, is there any confirmed lyrics of the spoken parts of the outro?

Online it says it’s “you know what I’m sayin” and “I like living here”

but I’ve always heard

“you know I’m a saint?” 
and I don’t hear “I like living here”

"Don’t forget me"

9 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

"with ribbons and knots" goes along with "so i do what you want"

also, if you watch some live performances, she does a hand/arm gesture that goes along with it

4 hours ago, 111 said:

4:04 (with my ribbons and knots yeah)

3:25 (with your ribbons and your knots yeah yeah)

i hope that helps <3

i had hearing problems that day

y’all i was saying i refuse to believe those are the lyrics as in “i know what the real lyrics are but i’m gonna keep singing my version” 😭 there’s official lyrics uploaded in the music video’s description 

IMG-5794.jpg

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

y’all i was saying i refuse to believe those are the lyrics as in “i know what the real lyrics are but i’m gonna keep singing my version” 😭 there’s official lyrics uploaded in the music video’s description 

IMG-5794.jpg

you go girlie keep living your truth <3 

and those are actually not official, they were pulled from Genius

41 minutes ago, 111 said:

you go girlie keep living your truth <3 

and those are actually not official, they were pulled from Genius

really?? i didn’t know that :0 who put it in the description then, i would’ve thought it had to be lana herself.

this makes the confusion worse lmao. i hear “playing the guitar is only one of my toys” instead of “play ‘em like guitars, only one of my toys”. the mtwbt debate continues. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

9 hours ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Isn’t it “love the winter we're not in”?

It makes sense, cause snow is a synonym for cocaine and winter kinda doesn’t exist in Florida, or at least Miami. So, the winter she talks about is the cocaine snorting.

I hear “let the winter winter in” like she’s cheering on the dude who supposedly snorts like a champ :eek:

On another note, I made the mistake of looking at this thread today and got hung up on THAT Trash Magic line again. Where did they use to go where he’d buy her a slice of cherry pie, I just need to know… :crying5:

On 8/27/2023 at 3:57 AM, cherrytropico said:

i refuse to believe it’s “with ribbon in knots” instead of “blue ribbons on ice” because that’s what i’ve been singing forever, and to me it makes more sense for the scene 😭 like you got music on and you’re watching boys while you have some  beer in a cooler beside you. 

plus i just found out one of the lines is “hoes with lies akin to me” last year. i didn’t understand what she was saying in the first place but never thought she was singing hoes.

It must be “ribbons on ice” - as in “Pabst blue ribbon on ice” from BtD, interpolated into a more surrealist image as per the song’s image-laden lyrics 

On 4/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, the ocean said:

version 2 / the remastered one is a bop :true:

version 1 just sounds like mumbling over a royalty free song

They both sound like Sims 1 music :true:

6 hours ago, notthatdreamy said:

"like the winter we're not in" 

This is the correct lyric because she’s cooking cocaine in the summer yall !!

3 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

It’s not “let the winter, winter in”

i think he got these lyrics from official sources of actual lyrics, he claimed it several times in this thread, so even if i don’t hear that too i’d lean into that side tbh

or maybe i misunderstood that initial post idk honestly:oprah2:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Just now, lanaismamom said:

i think he got these lyrics from official sources of actual lyrics, he claimed it several times in this thread, so even if i don’t hear that too i’d lean into that side tbh

The official source being his ass. His previous “official sources” handed him fake mixes of Yes to Heaven and Fine China and he passed them around as “real” and “legit” until recently.

Eclipse doesn't know anything a lot of times. He just uses his "insider status" to be able to push whatever he likes to believe.

I've listened to this song a hundred thousand times and there’s absolutely no way that she says "let the winter, winter in”. There’s no audible t in the second word.

11 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

The official source being his ass. His previous “official sources” handed him fake mixes of Yes to Heaven and Fine China and he passed them around as “real” and “legit” until recently.

Eclipse doesn't know anything a lot of times. He just uses his "insider status" to be able to push whatever he likes to believe.

I've listened to this song a hundred thousand times and there’s absolutely no way that she says "let the winter, winter in”. There’s no audible t in the second word.

@111 0E4GM2DImac.jpg?size=604x453&quality=95&

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On the infamous Bel air lyric, I'm quite sure she's just saying nonsense, the closest I could understand is "can you pray side of mine?" Which doesn't really makes sense 

Just now, Edgartur0 said:

On the infamous Bel air lyric, I'm quite sure she's just saying nonsense, the closest I could understand is "can you pray side of mine?" Which doesn't really makes sense 

i highly doubt she would be saying nonsense, especially in 2012 where her songs were more produced and less free-form, i'm pretty certain it's "can you break this heart of mine?" it makes the most sense

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

On 8/29/2023 at 11:04 PM, Crazy Husband Thief said:

:air2: read for filth. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹