Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

On 4/29/2021 at 5:56 AM, DeluluKing said:

NFR /Bar/HIAB is one of her best MV =.=... This is so iconic - I could watch it every day and remember forever.

I don't mind the one for HIAB as much because it at least has some visuals with the butterflies. The one for Bartender just makes no sense with the song. It deserved a more whimsical and visually rich music video. Just very disappointing. 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

You know what we need, album ranking hour:

UV > HM > AKA > BTD > NFR/LFL > COCC

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

35 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

NFR > AKA = BTD = UV = HM = COCC > LFL

35 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I prefer ranking the most horrible pre-releases :hooker:

I’ll start: 

NFR >>>>> COCC > LFL > UV >>>>> HM

as for BTD and P, I wasn’t that huge a Stan back then, and was listening to her casually (I even didn’t like Video Games that much and thought she was fake, with her SNL performance).

I‘m looking for a video someone posted here in the last couple of weeks: It was a mashup of songs that Jack wrote for different artists, only that every song uses the same melody. I can‘t find it anymore, but it was quite interesting and I would like to see it again :)

59 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

NFR > AKA = BTD = UV = HM = COCC > LFL

i’m convinced y’all only like aka to seem edgy at this point cause those rankings are.... whew

On 4/29/2021 at 8:58 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

did you just call tulsa jesus freak psychedelic 

yes and what about it? :flutter: I stand by what I said. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

2 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

i’m convinced y’all only like aka to seem edgy at this point cause those rankings are.... whew

I mean... Kill Kill, Pawn Shop Blues, For K pt. 2, Queen of the Gas Station, Mermaid Motel, Yayo... that album is full of gems! 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I mean... Kill Kill, Pawn Shop Blues, For K pt. 2, Queen of the Gas Station, Mermaid Motel, Yayo... that album is full of gems! 

ldrakalg might be her best album... :sass: :shh:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

23 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

oh yes definitely BUT let’s not act like anything on there is above uv, hm, nfr, btd or even half of lfl...

14 minutes ago, King of Saigon said:

It’s beautiful and I would say on par with Yosemite and white dress. Always makes me tear up. Waiting for Angelina and Clementine daughters reveal :flutter:

it’s "and you lean on" not angelina tho :xcry:

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

oh yes definitely BUT let’s not act like anything on there is above uv, hm, nfr, btd or even half of lfl...

I swear I have a take 2 track of cherry blossom where she says Angelina :makeup:

On 4/30/2021 at 1:30 AM, anwdelrey said:

I’m losing interest in Lana sadly. I’ll always listen to the work she puts out but I just feel such a disconnect lately, idk why. I hope the new album surprises me but if not I’ll probably revert to casual listener status.

Up till NFR I felt like I could relate to her music but as it becomes more mature and stripped back I think I’m just losing interest. It could be because I’m still relatively young but I just miss the fire she brought to her albums. NFR was obviously more folky but the fire was still there in songs like Mariners, Venice and The Greatest. I like Chemtrails but it aged really poorly for me and I only go back to White Dress. Idk.

As cheesy as it sounds and idc if it makes me a “local” I loved and appreciated the little things (teasers, effort put into artwork, effort put into shows and visuals). I get what she’s going for with this nonchalant approach but for me what drew me to Lana was her attention to detail in regard to those aspects. And I definitely miss the more theatrical, dramatic elements to the songs. I guess I’m just not as into this more mature sound.

Yeah sometimes I feel like the growing disconnect me and her is the age difference lol. Like I’m 22 so maybe albums like NFR and Chemtrails are just not meant for me. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Or maybe I’m in my delusional era hearing Angelina and  believing that there are two albums coming ??

5 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

in lana's instagram caption it was "angelina" 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 hours ago, COCC said:

I‘m looking for a video someone posted here in the last couple of weeks: It was a mashup of songs that Jack wrote for different artists, only that every song uses the same melody. I can‘t find it anymore, but it was quite interesting and I would like to see it again :)

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe4Nxorw/

maybe this one?