Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

2nd day of listening to my faves new albums is always the best. I don't have any expectations anymore so I just pressed play and enjoyed every song on COCC. Even NAWWAL, which I found boring yesterday.

Spoiler

I think this album will be like Honeymoon - many people don't like it but over time they will start to love it. This album is a slow burner and only the intellectuals will love it from the very beginning :oprah3:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

Spoiler

This album is amazing. It is very inspired and progressive. It has a bit of everything and yet it sounds perfectly cohesive. Nobody else can touch Lana, this further proves that. She can do any genre and make it work while many artists would struggle to be so versatile. 

Anyways I agree about some fans still sticking around expecting certain things. Lana has grown and changed over her albums, this is way more mature and evolved. If you’re still expecting a “particular” sound from her I think it might be time to turn it in. 

1 minute ago, Icecream Icequeen said:
  Hide contents

Move aside NFR! CoCC just becomes the album holy trinity together with UV and Honeymoon :angie:

lmao you wish

also there was no need hide this message?

9 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:
  Hide contents

2nd day of listening to my faves new albums is always the best. I don't have any expectations anymore so I just pressed play and enjoyed every song on COCC. Even NAWWAL, which I found boring yesterday.

Spoiler

I didn't even want to listen to NAWWAL yesterday because it was next THE YOSEMITE but today I appreciate it more.

Mmeow~

Spoiler

Cocc is so sexy mature and intellectual. Quirky yet sultry and seductive.  Raw personal and emotional. Idk I’m rambling adjectives but that’s how it is sometimes lol.  

21 minutes ago, redsangrias said:
  Hide contents

I'm thinking that, like how Paradise was an "afterthought" of Born To Die

Chemtrails is an "afterthought" of Norman Fucking Rockwell

It's like a spin-off sister album. For example if she removed the Nikki duet, and put For Free on a covers album, Chemtrails would basically be an EP just like Paradise.

I AGREE I love how casual it feels as well

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Slow beat laden songs with reverbed breathy female vocals basically is trip hop in itself but it can be pretty experimental.

I think that is a VERY broad understanding of that genre andit's sound - which, although diverse, is actually pretty profilic. Yeah, dreamy andmelancholic vibes with strings, reverb and slow beats are a huge part of it, but I woul never think of HM as trip hop. I also listened to it "for all of mylife", so when I think about it, I envision Portishead, Massive Attack, Bowery Electric, Archive's Londinium, Tricky's Maxinquaye, Laika, Flying Lotus, Bonobo, DJ Cam, Lamb, early Moloko etc. And HM is really not close to any of this.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

13 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:
  Hide contents

I think this album will be like Honeymoon - many people don't like it but over time they will start to love it. This album is a slow burner and only the intellectuals will love it from the very beginning :oprah3:

Once you actually start noticing different layers and how the structures are built it gets three times as interesting. It's gonna age so so so well!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Just now, kitschesque said:

Hide contents

Once you actually start noticing different layers and how the structures are built it gets three times as interesting. It's gonna age so so so well!

Spoiler

This 100%, it’s so much better with each new listen.

Just now, YosemiteAv said:
  Hide contents

Your mind because It's so beautiful~

not worth the wait for me, sorry

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever