Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

18 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

im one of them

and tbh ive never listened to something when it’s leaked I personally think it’s gunna feel like any of her unreleased songs got leaked the real thrill comes when I listen it on its actual time

yeah that's what motivated me to wait, i wouldn't feel anything on the 19th if i would give into the leak. as much as it sucks waiting, i think the payoff is gonna be much greater. i'd rather wait and have release day be special. :party:

IMG-5279.gif

miss born to lose

32 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

I need an album for sleeping lullabies from her 

Wow, that sounds great. Till that I would try Violet. I would also be interested in an album where rennaisance and her style meets. (Prob not the most popular idea, but imagine it after what she did in

Spoiler

Not all who wander are lost)

Spoiler

I really love the piano melody on White Dress. I love Jack's production, but his piano melodies, on their own, are often weaker than Rick's. But the piano and fragile voice of Lana are just so :defeated:

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I really love the piano melody on White Dress. I love Jack's production, but his piano melodies, on their own, are often weaker than Rick's. But the piano and fragile voice of Lana are just so :defeated:

Spoiler

imo if the piano had more energy it'd eat her voice and jack's level of energy just extends the longing of the song 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

39 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I know this is basically the post-release thread, so while I haven't read any spoilers or listened to the album yet, I just wanted to say that I feel like her best, rawest, most personal work is imminent, and hopefully you guys who have listened can already say that! :party:

I am so excited! We're only 177 hours away, which is insane. The month of the release is always my favourite :flutter:

I think you will absolutely love this album :wowcry:

Looking forward to your posts in the post-release thread :kiss:

You can do the wait and it will be worth it:gurl:

I admire all the people who wait till March 19th...I had no self control :crying2: but I stopped listening to the album today and will wait March 19th to listen to it again and stream the fuck out of it:hype:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

btw white dress grew on me n now im obsessed:wowcry: it was a skip at the beginning

Spoiler

One of her best songs ever, imho

1 minute ago, Brooklynbaby said:

Hide contents

I haven’t listened to the leak I’m waiting till the 19th but overall how are you guys finding it? 

Spoiler

Totally a grower, I stan so hard

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

'White Dress' is undeniably 

Spoiler

the highlight of the record for me. It's right up there with some of her saddest songs (which always happen to be about her younger years - yayo, old money, ride) - it might be a grower for some but whatever slander it might get for the high pitched vocals, it's only going to be the tasteless locals. White Dress and Yosemite honestly came through and ended me. I ALSO love how Jack rearranged For Free! The way he stumped on the piano keys in songs like The Greatest or MAC was horrific but here he tinkles the keys so beautifully! ( I can see how songs like TJF would be fan favourites but for me the Holy Trinity of Chemtrails is White Dress - Yosemite - For Free. )

Breaking Up Slowly : it had such great potential to be a moody, folk number if only Jack had used some deep live drums and percussions and maybe an electric guitar solo; instead it's just left to itself and it's a huge missed opportunity imo. Lana still has the gift of melody but Jack's work with her is often hit or miss. Some things are good (I loved all of Violet), other things are super weird (why do DTWD and TJF end so abruptly? and what's with that horrific audio tune?). Finally, DBJAG: this will probably be a fan favourite too. I hated it. NOT the song itself (although it's just very meh to me)  but it just doesn't belong in the album sonically like, AT ALL. 

I'm still finding it hard to rank the songs outside of the triad I mentioned above and the last two places that go to LMLYLAW and DBJAG. 

Hide contents

I haven’t listened to the leak I’m waiting till the 19th but overall how are you guys finding it? 

But.....why is your post in a spoiler if you haven't listened to it or have anything to spoil....?:awkney:

Just now, Redhydrangeas99 said:
  Hide contents

Totally a grower, I stan so hard

Spoiler

I’m so glad I’ve seen people on Twitter with completely different opinions on it so I thought you guys would be the best to ask haha 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Spoiler

The way she sings “down at the men in music business conference” has literally been playing in a loop in my head since I first heard it. I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Just now, Lentilus said:

But.....why is your post in a spoiler if you haven't listened to it or have anything to spoil....?:awkney:

I have no idea haha I’m new here I only usually read ?

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

I thought the same but I let it happen :lmao: 

2 minutes ago, domandapiano said:
  Hide contents

The way she sings “down at the men in music business conference” has literally been playing in a loop in my head since I first heard it. I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Spoiler

It's jarring on the first listen but now I think of it really fondly. I love it, actually

I have no idea haha I’m new here I only usually read ?

Awww, well in that case, welcome!!:welcome: your post becomes instantly iconic. :smile4:

3 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

'White Dress' is undeniably 

Reveal hidden contents

the highlight of the record for me. It's right up there with some of her saddest songs (which always happen to be about her younger years - yayo, old money, ride) - it might be a grower for some but whatever slander it might get for the high pitched vocals, it's only going to be the tasteless locals. White Dress and Yosemite honestly came through and ended me. I ALSO love how Jack rearranged For Free! The way he stumped on the piano keys in songs like The Greatest or MAC was horrific but here he tinkles the keys so beautifully! ( I can see how songs like TJF would be fan favourites but for me the Holy Trinity of Chemtrails is White Dress - Yosemite - For Free. )

Breaking Up Slowly : it had such great potential to be a moody, folk number if only Jack had used some deep live drums and percussions and maybe an electric guitar solo; instead it's just left to itself and it's a huge missed opportunity imo. Lana still has the gift of melody but Jack's work with her is often hit or miss. Some things are good (I loved all of Violet), other things are super weird (why do DTWD and TJF end so abruptly? and what's with that horrific audio tune?). Finally, DBJAG: this will probably be a fan favourite too. I hated it. NOT the song itself (although it's just very meh to me)  but it just doesn't belong in the album sonically like, AT ALL. 

I'm still finding it hard to rank the songs outside of the triad I mentioned above and the last two places that go to LMLYLAW and DBJAG. 

Spoiler

I'm so glad you loved For Free! It's personally one of my favorites. As for Breaking Up Slowly having more potential, I do agree -- I'm honestly against the "yes-men" theory some fans have, but that's exactly where a producer should suggest the main artist. If he had such a grand vision (he's one of the most on-demand producers at the moment), he should've come up with some guitar solo or give Lana some more chords to make the song more complete and lengthy. Love it as it is, but definitely had more to offer. Same with Not All Who Wander Are Lost.