Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

lana releases all the vinyls, cassettes etc at the same time so she has a better chance of getting a #1 album. she knows her fans will buy all the different versions and it increases her sales. especially bundling “digital copies” with merch.

that’s true but ig if she’s releasing an album on a saturday maybe she doesn’t care that much about the sales this time?? idk

4 months.. I kinda wanna know if WHF's still titled the same, and what (if) that has to do w her poetry.. before everything happened, she seemed pretty excited to release her work. We're not used to a very happy Lana so I wonder if that was an indicator for the track/album's sound. 

Atm I just get major Doin Time/ twilight zone vibes idk why

UV/Honeymoon

This album release is gonna be painful to watch. People on social media literally want her head on a stick lmao.

They’re gonna be eating her up and there’s nothing we can do lol

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

you guys talking about NFR not being political but it’s her most political record so far imo. Look at The Greatest, Hope, etc

The biggest difference between NFR e Lust for Life is that she talks about politics with elegance and cleverness in NFR, while in LFL she’s just being... nice

you guys talking about NFR not being political but it’s her most political record so far imo. Look at The Greatest, Hope, etc

The biggest difference between NFR e Lust for Life is that she talks about politics with elegance and cleverness in NFR, while in LFL she’s just being... nice

Respectfully, where exactly is the elegant and clever political commentary in NFR? I must've missed it. Lines like "Kanye West is blonde and gone" make me want to neck, quite frankly.

If we're comparing from a purely political perspective, I feel that LFL has the edge. Except for Coachella

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I had a dream that this album was released early and it sucked lol but I was still sad that I couldn’t listen to it after I woke up...

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I had a dream that this album was released early and it sucked lol but I was still sad that I couldn’t listen to it after I woke up...

I mean the first part is definitely going to happen because her shit always leaks.

Who will be this era's Cassette Girl? She is such a monumental figure to emulate.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I mean the first part is definitely going to happen because her shit always leaks.

Who will be this era's Cassette Girl? She is such a monumental figure to emulate.

Lollll!!! Poor girl. Is she the first martyr amongst the leakers (you know, one who got destroyed after giving us salvation) or are there others in the previous eras?

I don't want this privileged puta singing about being stuck in Quarantine

We all know there’ll be a hint of that. True, quarantine sure ain’t the same with shitload tons of money. I’d rather hear her sing about quarantine and feeling lonely than to have a song that refers to the current revolution in the States. I don’t know, it’d feel weird, probably cause I can’t picture what it could sound like that would not seem « out of place ».

twitter stans are holding a nasty grudge against her  :flop:  i wouldn't be surprised if they team up and leak the album prior to its release date, they always do that shit to 'cancelled' artists.

Wrote it on the NFR post release and I'll write it again, mentioning current(ish) events in the context of how it ties into your own narrative isn't the same as being political. Even what's widely accepted as her "political songs" barely qualify. Coachella starts with the Korean border issue sure but it's not about that, it's about how it made her feel and what it made her think. GBAAATBWII again, barely political at all. WTWWAWBWJKD is arguably the most political and the main message is that things can be fixed. She's not an overtly political singer and that's fine, the general vagueness in her lyrics isn't a bad thing and I doubt she'll stray into overtly political songs (think Dylan's Hurricane) in this. But who knows.

locals only

The title is so goddamn intriguing I just wanna know more about this project

chemtrails, MK Ultra, lizard people, microchip implants through covid 19 vaccines... that's the theme, i know home girl has been invested in those conspiracy theories during the quarantine

Hate to say that, but bitch u better bring some btd beats back in some tracks, we need the groove

i wouldn't be surprised if she includes those btd hip hop influences in the song she'll be dedicating to the blm movement 

Wrote it on the NFR post release and I'll write it again, mentioning current(ish) events in the context of how it ties into your own narrative isn't the same as being political. Even what's widely accepted as her "political songs" barely qualify. Coachella starts with the Korean border issue sure but it's not about that, it's about how it made her feel and what it made her think. GBAAATBWII again, barely political at all. WTWWAWBWJKD is arguably the most political and the main message is that things can be fixed. She's not an overtly political singer and that's fine, the general vagueness in her lyrics isn't a bad thing and I doubt she'll stray into overtly political songs (think Dylan's Hurricane) in this. But who knows.

I agree with 100%. The « political songs » from LFL were more peace-oriented than really politic. And you can pretty much always see them in another (and more personal) light. The same could be true with COCC if there are any songs mentioning the current state of the world. LFA wasn’t that precise either.

I still have my Lust for Lisa  :defeated:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Let’s hope that beat at the end of cinnamon girl was a taste of what’s to come.....

I love that the three songs on NFR there were the « trippiest » were the ones about drugs. Maybe if there are a couple of them on COCC, we’ll get that kind of production?