Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I am kinda skeptical about this being an actual musical album, are we definitely sure its not the spoken word album? Remember she was talking about that a lot before announcing this album and even referring to it as an album, so when she announced an album titled "chemtrails over the country club" (which sounds like the title of a poem) its quite possible she could've been referring to that. And we know how vague and misleading Lana is so, i think someone should ask Ben and Ed just to clarify, i would assume they wouldn't allow her to announce an album without clarifying if its music or poetry or not but it's worth a try...

I think about this as well just bc she was all about the spoken word album and now there’s no mention of that. Just whatever chemtrails is and the 2 poetry books. She’s never confirmed a new date for the spoken word that was delayed so I assume it’s still coming....

I expect no singles and just a shadow release of the album. I think a shadow or soft release is what she meant by surprise release

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don't see 'The Greatest' as political either. It's her version of the end of the Earth, probably inspired by the Malibu fires. And she was pretty prescient, considering the events of this year so far. 'Hope' is political in the sense that 'the personal is political,' as some believe, and I do not, so I don't see it as largely political either. 

theres no way a song with the line "kanye west is blonde and gone" isn't political 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I am kinda skeptical about this being an actual musical album, are we definitely sure its not the spoken word album?

This will definitely be her 7th studio album, she announced her first poetry book / spoken word album 'Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass' and then she confirmed a second poetry book, 'Behind The Iron Gates' (unconfirmed if it will also be an spoken word album) in the same post as 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club', which she referred to as her new album.

I am kinda skeptical about this being an actual musical album, are we definitely sure its not the spoken word album? Remember she was talking about that a lot before announcing this album and even referring to it as an album, so when she announced an album titled "chemtrails over the country club" (which sounds like the title of a poem) its quite possible she could've been referring to that. And we know how vague and misleading Lana is so, i think someone should ask Ben and Ed just to clarify, i would assume they wouldn't allow her to announce an album without clarifying if its music or poetry or not but it's worth a try...

Well, major media such as Billboard seem to think it’s a musical album. I think we’ll get the spoken-word album later on (strongly think it will have poems from both poetry books).

I really could care less about a spoken word album. Especially in light of everything happening with her. Sing your songs and shaddup lmaoooo

We should get a single June or July tho

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

As much as I'm doubtful that we'll get a Sept 5th release, as Lana's history with release dates is spotty to say the least, I am glad we're not being teased for over a year with singles the way she did with NFR.  If she drops a single or two between now and September, I'd be fine... but that NFR pre-release era wore me out by the time the album finally dropped.  This time the album will feel a lot more fresh and surprising.

26vMNDz.gif

As much as I'm doubtful that we'll get a Sept 5th release, as Lana's history with release dates is spotty to say the least, I am glad we're not being teased for over a year with singles the way she did with NFR. If she drops a single or two between now and September, I'd be fine... but that NFR pre-release era wore me out by the time the album finally dropped. This time the album will feel a lot more fresh and surprising.

I wonder if Interscope sat down with her after NFR, asking her not to ever do that again... That was tiresome to say the least.

As much as I'm doubtful that we'll get a Sept 5th release, as Lana's history with release dates is spotty to say the least, I am glad we're not being teased for over a year with singles the way she did with NFR.  If she drops a single or two between now and September, I'd be fine... but that NFR pre-release era wore me out by the time the album finally dropped.  This time the album will feel a lot more fresh and surprising.

I wonder if Interscope sat down with her after NFR, asking her not to ever do that again... That was tiresome to say the least.

I hope she never does it again. You're right. The excitement wore off by the time we finally got the album. Nothing felt new because we already heard the same singles and snippets for a year. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

Right. I am also wondering about this--what happened to VBBOTG (or whatever the correct acronym is)?

First, she releases the spoken work album art, then announces CTOCC for September 5th, with no mention whatsoever of the release date of the spoken word album, then releases the poem 'Patent Leather Do-Over,' and many assume that CTOCC is actually a retitled WHF.

But it may just be the new name of the spoken word album. The title does sound like one of her poems. 

Of course, this sort of terrible communication is typical of her. 

I just can't get the fact out of my head that the "new" title is COCC in short and also I always almost say CUMtrails. White Hot Forever has always been a weird title to me because my first association is her celebrating her being caucasian. Idk I guess I'm not really feeling it yet. How unfortunate that "Violets Bend Over The Grass" is the best out of her new work titles and it's not even for music.  :creep:

theres no way a song with the line "kanye west is blonde and gone" isn't political 

It's political if you believe 'the personal is political,' and that almost everything is political. Every time an artist mentions another in a song, which happens all the time now, or other piece of art like a film or television program, is that political? Obviously not, and it's been going on since the dawn of recorded entertainment. She knows Kanye personally, which we all know, and he did dye his hair blond, and he showed up in the Oval Office of the Trump White House, so she's very likely referring to her disappointment in him. So for LDR to sing, "Kanye West is blond and gone" is not necessarily political, just a statement of fact as she sees it, and also a reflection of her feelings about his apparent defection. 

It's definitely not political in the traditional sense of the word. 

I just can't get the fact out of my head that the "new" title is COCC in short and also I always almost say CUMtrails. White Hot Forever has always been a weird title to me because my first association is her celebrating her being caucasian. Idk I guess I'm not really feeling it yet. How unfortunate that "Violets Bend Over The Grass" is the best out of her new work titles and it's not even for music.  :creep:

I personally liked "White Hot Forever" for a title and wish she would've kept it. It had a magical summer-y feeling for me. It was so "Lana". Now after the drama surrounding her IG posts I see how WHF could become a controversial title.  :oic2:

:sluttybunny:🌧️

I personally liked "White Hot Forever" for a title and wish she would've kept it. It had a magical summer-y feeling for me. It was so "Lana". Now after the drama surrounding her IG posts I see how WHF could become a controversial title.  :oic2:

she must’ve changed it a while ago since she must have the album cover already too. it’s 90 days out, it had to be submitted by today for a release on Sept 5

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole