Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 hours ago, D3vilboy said:

Am I the only one who didn't really love COTCC music video? It's visually stunning but it just felt out of place. I have high hopes for White Dress tho, the promo is so beautiful. :flutter:

I personally don't like the director's style. It's too choppy and haphazard and I felt anxious watching it

That's okay, though, because I don't watch her mv's more than once except for the classics like SoC and Ride

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, RormanNockwell said:

I personally don't like the director's style. It's too choppy and haphazard and I felt anxious watching it

That's okay, though, because I don't watch her mv's more than once except for the classics like SoC and Ride

The director's style fits club or edm songs not lana del rey :awkney2: the mv vs the song was so jarring to me....

anyways glad shes back with constellation for WD since he directed her best piece of media ever : The LFL album trailer :gurl:

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

Spoiler

Look how I do this.

Look how I got this. 
Made me feel,

made me feel like a god. 
Kind of makes me feel like

maybe I was better off.   

:legend:

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

What happened??

Link to white dress is live. Oh and Lana is covering music week with a new interview including her, Papa Nowels**, and the managers lol. 

5 hours ago, Lentilus said:

March 12th! Still gonna do the album a day @Terrence Loves Me you too? Why not. It'll still be fun leading up. :smile4:

YES, after work im streaming AKA!! :beyonce: next stop, BORN TO DIE :sass: (also im not listening to COCC until the 19th now)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Lustformoney said:

So its cumming on monday:gurl: along with a Annie Mac interview where she announces the next album with daddy rick

We miss Rick, I certainly would not be opposed lol!:prettyhurts:

I haven’t listened to much to the album because I don’t want to overplay it before next Friday and I want to give it the streams it deserves, and I am amazed how some of you already quote many lyrics hahaha ! 

Spoiler

since nobody asked and i love being a nuisance, here’s my very tasteful chemtrails ranking :sass:

11) For Free: it’s a cute song, the harmonies are nice and i love the intro but it’s a snooze fest, i feel like the songs 10 minutes long and not in a good way and i thought i’d like weyes voice more (i don’t). i’ll just treat it like don’t let me be miss-understood. 4/10

10)  Breaking Up Slowly: ok this one’s a lot less worse than i expected and i’m okay-ish with nikki’s squidward voice. who tf is george tho? plus some verse/chorus variation would’ve been welcome but i’ll just blame that one on squidi lane. 5/10

9) Dance till we die: well she has her moments, the bridge is cute and it’s something different but it’s way too yeehaw for me. 5/10

8) Let Me Love You: what’s there to say? i always like this one, i love the production even tho i hate jack’s unnecessary instrument muffling but what can you do? 7/10

7) Dark But Just A Game: another one that brings something new to the table but is also very btd/lizzie like, which i love. i was kinda let down by this one tho, i expected something different and the production is a bit too demo-ish. overall a very solid track. 7,5/10

6) Not all Who Wander Are Lost: i love it, period. the vibe is just so soft and sweet. i love the bridge, the mini guitar breakdown and the lyrics are just so warm and make you feel good, the last chorus with the harmonies is the best. 8/10

5) Wild At Heart: this one is just SO good. as a big fan of htd’s production (i know i find it weird too ? jack must have put some crack in there idk) i naturally love this one plus the blend of love song, htd and hope is kinda genius too me. the verses are incredible. 8,5/10

4) White Dress: a very beautiful, touching and nostalgic song. a like the breathy, whispery voice, it’s something new for her (fun fact: some brain dead twitter stans are trying to accuse her of ripping off fka twigs’ vocal register on cellophane... a job is very much needed). can’t wait for the video it’ll be a serve. 8,5/10

3) Chemtrails: loved this song the minute it came out, truly a standout. simple yet so infectious. the production is very strong and one of the times i think jack did sumn right. the melody is simple yet so beautiful. i can play it over and over without getting tired. 9/10

2) Tulsa Jesus Freak: we knew this one would be great. the pre-chorus, the verses, the autotune, the outro everything is just so so good, a bit chaotic, a bit sensual, a bit bittersweet ugh it’s so good. 9,5/10

1) Yosemite: i was so surprised that i ended up liking this one the most on my first album listen. the chorus melody is one of the most beautiful things i’ve heard from her since honeymoons. the production is amazing, sombre, sad yet hopeful with rays of light shining through. her using lust for life’s superior demo’s melody is just the cherry on the cake. the bridge and its vocal production are like the sweetest honey and the last verse never fails to make me cry. truly a career highlight. 100/10

(keep in mind this ranking will probably change 5 times by tomorrow so don’t mind me) 

15 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

YES, after work im streaming AKA!! :beyonce: next stop, BORN TO DIE :sass: (also im not listening to COCC until the 19th now)

OMG SAME!!!!!! :gurl::dance::godlaugh: