Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 hours ago, Future Jazz said:

it's a very relevant statement but the 1 disk per year thing is flat out wrong though.... she hasn't published anything in 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2020 and those one-year-long pre-release eras led to the messiness we're familiar with :toofloppy:

2013 - Young & Beautiful
2018 - You Must Love Me, Mariner's Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch
2020 - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass and Let Me Love You Like a Woman 

2016 has been her only off year since she debuted apart from Freak music video :teehee:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

besties if anyone has a RYM account go give COCC 5 stars. it just debuted at #4 on the 2021 charts and currently has her highest rating. it will definitely fall as more people that arent hardcore fans hear it, but hopefully it can stay around 3.4-3.5 and be second highest after NFR

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lana-del-rey/chemtrails-over-the-country-club/

white dress also debuted as the #1 single of 2021...she won. her and venice bitch twinning as the best of 2018 and 2021 :wub:

Of White Dress I've only heard the snippet so far ; why do you think she references Sun Ra ? is this like a paralel to her Lizzy Grant days ? Having your own little universe you control and dominate despite it being gaudy and tacky because you are "small" ?

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

besties if anyone has a RYM account go give COCC 5 stars.

ommmggg bestie.......... rym lanaboards rym lanaboards rym lanaboards

5 minutes ago, Kommander said:

Of White Dress I've only heard the snippet so far ; why do you think she references Sun Ra ? is this like a paralel to her Lizzy Grant days ? Having your own little universe you control and dominate despite it being gaudy and tacky because you are "small" ?

the god and also there was this niche jazz artist who had a good following while keeping low from the spotlight, which could connect seeing as to how she refs jazz in the song and overall w her other stuff 

i personally think that there's like a beauty in being able to comfortably know what ur world is. kinda like how responsibility gets heavier the bigger it gets so like to contrast. I think it's a cute and actually validated lyric if true. 

makes me think of everything she's had to go thru to get to where she is but she ponders if she hadn't that at least she'd be comfortable w her life before. her existence of being, the scope. kinda like West coast btwn a personal and professional life 
so many questions. nuances WD . . . 

UV/Honeymoon

18 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

besties if anyone has a RYM account go give COCC 5 stars. it just debuted at #4 on the 2021 charts and currently has her highest rating. it will definitely fall as more people that arent hardcore fans hear it, but hopefully it can stay around 3.4-3.5 and be second highest after NFR

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lana-del-rey/chemtrails-over-the-country-club/

white dress also debuted as the #1 single of 2021...she won. her and venice bitch twinning as the best of 2018 and 2021 :wub:

lol at the rating already starting to plummet after debuting in the charts, the incel bros can't handle it

i'm waiting to give it 5 stars because it's going to keep falling first

18 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I may be acting dumb but I just made an account to give it 5 stars lmao but I can’t work out how to do it ?:trisha:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

12 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

Reveal hidden contents

Methinks LMLYLAW deserves more love, especially its placement in the album ! I think it has the second best bridge behind DTWD

YES, LMLYLAW grew on me while listening to the album :flutter:

Also, BUS became one of my favorite songs and I didn't care about it a month ago :flutter:

The only track I don't care by the moment is For Free, but I'm loving the bulk of this record

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

26 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

We should start getting reviews tomorrow.  lana112.thumb.jpeg.9b8035ea4a7a0430e2237

A couple of reviews are already out. Just like Mojo, Télérama gave it an 80. So far, the reviews are very positive. and she seems to have avoided the «curse of Norman», where the album would have tanked because it was Norman's successor and not it's own thing (I'dont know if I make any sense). 

Spoiler

never mind, I wanted to write something else. not linked to the reviews.