Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

The one thing I really like about this album is how easy it is to play in one sitting  

I feel like this is her first album that I feel that way for - it’s cohesive where every song ranges from incredibly good to enjoyable and is short enough where you don’t lose Your interest like I always do with NFR around TNBAR

9 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

spilled for once! the music is great because of lana <3

A queen with her blue  popsicle :yesnod:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

omg guys UMG Poland is gonna promote Chemtrails by projecting the album on the sky in my city :lange: im so excited

https://media.universalmusic.pl/132194-lana-del-rey-zostawi-slad-nad-warszawa

Omg that’s so cool! :derpna3: I wonder what other countries are going to do for promotion in the last stretch 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

1 hour ago, hlxon said:

idk if anyone posted that already, but here is a rough translation i made out of the free part of the article for those who would want to read

Reveal hidden contents

LANA DEL REY, A cowgirl with the blues

With COCC, her eight album, LDR gives homage to Laurel Canyon and adventures into the bayou and it's myths. When the diva sees herself as a witch, the beauty(?) isn't far.

Present and absent simultaneously. Eight album since her first, AKA, in 2010, right before BTD boomed, one of the three best selling female albums staying more than 6 years in the Billboard chart. These past 2 years her production intensified : NFR in the summer of 2019, Violet in fall 2020 and now COCC. By publishing a disk a year for the past 10 years, LDR maintains the fans desire while still looking like she is gone from the scene.

Even with a strong Instagram presence where she recites poems on camera and posts pictures of her and her friends and homages, she is rarely touring in Europe, whether it is because of "health issues" or COVID-19. She doesn't talk a lot. In fact, getting an interview for NFR was like a miracle, and our discussion then confirmed us that her first years were very rocky (thanks to the patriarchy working against young women in the industry) that she decided to bring her promotions to the strict minimum, even to none.

For COCC, she has only spoken with MOJO as of yer. 11 tracks where she finds her truest self, while sounding different. She seems like she constantly want to change - her mood - her hair - her face (sometimes)- Even with all of that, she is easily recognizable.  Almost as if she wishes to have the appearance that we are giving are, almost of a saint(?)

What would've thought the philosopher Jean-beaudillard of LDR? Maybe he wouldve hated her, bringing up confusion as of what a true saint is(?). Maybe he would've been intrigued, as he had been once with Madonna, who he mentioned as "real alternate" . Maybe he would have been seduced by the melancholy within Lana, as real as it is and who cannot help but to bring another lecture to this formula of Jean Baudillard "The saint is not what hides the truth - it is the truth that hides that there is none. The saint is real."

"By publishing a disk a year for the past 10 years, LDR maintains the fans desire while still looking like she is gone from the scene. "

Truer words have never been written before.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

omg guys UMG Poland is gonna promote Chemtrails by projecting the album on the sky in my city :lange: im so excited

https://media.universalmusic.pl/132194-lana-del-rey-zostawi-slad-nad-warszawa

Ahhh that’s so amazing :wub: Hope we see additional promotions pop up globally!

1 minute ago, Clampigirl said:

"By publishing a disk a year for the past 10 years, LDR maintains the fans desire while still looking like she is gone from the scene. "

Truer words have never been written before.

it's a very relevant statement but the 1 disk per year thing is flat out wrong though.... she hasn't published anything in 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2020 and those one-year-long pre-release eras led to the messiness we're familiar with :toofloppy:

Just now, Future Jazz said:

it's a very relevant statement but the 1 disk per year thing is flat out wrong though.... she hasn't published anything in 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2020 and those one-year-long pre-release eras led to the messiness we're familiar with :toofloppy:

I mean she’s been around since 2012 and has released 7 albums in 9 years. That’s just about one a year, especially with the amount of soundtrack songs and one off singles sprinkled in there as well

like ya it might not be exactly one a year, but there are artists who have literally released 2 albums in the span of 7

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

Yeah, I read it more like "By almost releasing a record yearly" lol. Because that's true!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

10 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I mean she’s been around since 2012 and has released 7 albums in 9 years. That’s just about one a year, especially with the amount of soundtrack songs and one off singles sprinkled in there as well

like ya it might not be exactly one a year, but there are artists who have literally released 2 albums in the span of 7

I get that but it's just closer to the truth to say that she released one album every 2 years, especially since 2015. only in 2014-2015 did she release 2 albums in a row. then there's the debate of whether or not you count Paradise in, but if you do, it's more accurate to say she put out 7 albums in 11 years, since Born To Die took 2 years to be made - as well - and we're just getting Chemtrails now which means at least a year without a record is to come, so it kinda falsifies the statistics to start the timeline just before an album gets released and to stop it right after another drops

anyways I know I'm making a big deal out of this but it just rubbed me the wrong way  because what she did do the 3 last eras is announce the album too early and then delay it

(but i agree that we're lucky to get that many albums from her)