Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

6 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

honestly it looks better seeing the actual product, the red car poster without her on it leaves much to be desired though :noparty:

Oh no, that was true? Has a pic of it circulated yet?

7 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Here's my ranking of Lana's albums!

1. Career-defining magnum opuses 
Norman Fucking Rockwell

2. Extremely well-produced albums where artist's instincts and ideas are right, that fall short of greatness due to being undercooked (lyrical shortcomings)
Chemtrails Over The Country Club

3. Albums that lack cohesion and are jarring to listen to, but have surprising amount of good songs and lyrical moments
Lust For Life

4. Decent, but overhyped fan favorites
Ultraviolence

5. Albums that have short expiration date, but at least one great, career-defining great song
Born To Die

6. Inoffensive albums that you only listen to once and then forget they exist
Honeymoon

bestie you are about to get the dragging of a century with this ranking 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

3 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

bestie you are about to get the dragging of a century with this ranking 

How do y’all rank the albums? If someone put a gun to my head and told me to rank them or they’d pull the trigger, I’d literally be dead. 

i would not blame her for taking a break from sharing with us on social media, especially since people can't read between the lines...or because of those who intentionally misunderstand her and Always make her the joke... imagine how much this year has affected her mental health-aside from covid restricting life. 

we should let her run with the wolves and be wild and not have to always be perfect in what she says & I hope she feels free enough to simply do her thing ( I simply cannot understand COTCC album cover though, like that is the one decision from her I simply cannot accept but here we are...) 

oh my god. you crazies need to ducking chill.

:toofloppy:

she is not taking a break. there’s already an interview saying that she’s working on two new albums and a new poetry book. at a minimum I think she’s stepping away from socials a little, but musically no she is not.

1 hour ago, Salvatore91 said:

COCC > HM > NFR > L4L > BTD > UV

Don’t think anyone will agree with my ranking, but it’s how I feel ?

the fact you put LFL in front of BTD and UV.... was a choice.... and lack of taste hunty

lol jk you can have your wrong opinion

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

58 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Is Lana retiring? I can’t deal with this. 

nope! according to her most recent interview, she is working on 2 more albums and her next book still, and her team is saying they're working on something for her, whether that be a live streamed concert or something else we have no clue. we'll have to keep watching her socials to find out!

it's actually interesting because she said she was working on 2 albums on twitter back in November, so if that's true, one being a cover album and the other being the follow up to COCC, we might be getting another album next year. don't forget-- her book is going to release probably later this year and i would expect MAYBE another spoken word album, but i could be wrong about that. that's just personal speculation. 

i think it's just a temporary break from social media until COCC officially is out. she'll make a post friday saying "COCC IS OUT-- thank you rick, jack, laura, neil, weyes, zella, nikki, and chunk of course-- for making this beautiful piece of work with me. i love you guys, see you again soon"

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

this is obscure, but in BUS when Lana/Nikki sing together the guitars remind me of the same guitars in "Patent Leather Do Over" and the same guitar riffs used  when lana is describing crawling into the room to take gabapentin... that sort of ultrasad gloom sound that I adore 

41 minutes ago, Dyl said:

How do y’all rank the albums? If someone put a gun to my head and told me to rank them or they’d pull the trigger, I’d literally be dead. 

i dont rank them because my favorite album depends entirely on the personality im projecting that week to cope with my mental state

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Suddenly fantasizing about how Ultraviolence would sound if it had a toned down Jack production and barely any reverb. :oic3:

38 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

nope! according to her most recent interview, she is working on 2 more albums and her next book still, and her team is saying they're working on something for her, whether that be a live streamed concert or something else we have no clue. we'll have to keep watching her socials to find out!

it's actually interesting because she said she was working on 2 albums on twitter back in November, so if that's true, one being a cover album and the other being the follow up to COCC, we might be getting another album next year. don't forget-- her book is going to release probably later this year and i would expect MAYBE another spoken word album, but i could be wrong about that. that's just personal speculation. 

i think it's just a temporary break from social media until COCC officially is out. she'll make a post friday saying "COCC IS OUT-- thank you rick, jack, laura, neil, weyes, zella, nikki, and chunk of course-- for making this beautiful piece of work with me. i love you guys, see you again soon"

I think one is the folk classics cover album and another Tom said she was recording with her country friends.. so I think it’s two cover records

20 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

This is a wrong opinion.

DTWD is a Top 5!!!!!!

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

32 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:
  Hide contents

this is obscure, but in BUS when Lana/Nikki sing together the guitars remind me of the same guitars in "Patent Leather Do Over" and the same guitar riffs used  when lana is describing crawling into the room to take gabapentin... that sort of ultrasad gloom sound that I adore 

Spoiler

Yes there are some very dark sonics in certain part of BUS that almost are dissonant. I also picked up on it.

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

White Dress is growing on me

Dance Till We Die is so bad tho omg what was she thinking

Dance Till We Die is top 4 and you will be dealt with. :tanisha:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America