Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

11 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Haven't listen to COTCC for 2 days  & the songs still playing in my head :lange:

Truly a masterpiece :krylie:

I haven't listened to COCC at all yet. Still waiting until it's official. Looking forward to finally getting to hear it ??

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Spoiler

sun ra, feel small

summer, sizzling, listening to jazz, out on the lawn

listening to rock all day long

summer's, summer's almost gone, we were talking 'bout life, we were sitting outside 'till dawn

Image result for swaying audience gif

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 hour ago, CHIPCHROME said:

I'm so glad we can all agree :ma:

Hide contents

Not All Who Wander Are Lost is the best song on the album....

Hide contents

followed by White Dress & Yosemite 

:yesnod:

my three favs so far :ma:

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

Chemtrails Over the Country Club the title track is quickly becoming my favorite title track by Lana... Its infinitely replayable and I'm still noticing little details in the production (i know, even for how subdued it is - thanks Jack - ) and the melody is really absolutely perfect for what the song is trying to portray.

Imagine if she had opened the era with that instead of LMLYLAW (which ALSO is growing on me, it is the perfect cooldown after the sultriness that is Tulsa Jesus Freak)

Spoiler

Not All Who Wander Are Lost is the only filler of this album for me. I don’t mean this in a mean way, her vocals are pretty, it’s still an enjoyable song just like Lucky Ones is on BTD. Still lowkey a filler tho 

12 minutes ago, venicebitch said:
  Hide contents

Not All Who Wander Are Lost is the only filler of this album for me. I don’t mean this in a mean way, her vocals are pretty, it’s still an enjoyable song just like Lucky Ones is on BTD. Still lowkey a filler tho 

Spoiler

i thought the same when i first heard it, and since i haven't listened in 5ish days i never was able to really absorb the track. but reading everyone's positive posts about it, it feels like a grower rather than a filler... i have faith on the 19th NAWWAL will hit harder than ever :cumming2:

sUcVobB.png

Spoiler

Lyrically, NAWWAL is a filler, but as a song it is in my top 5 easily, maybe even top 3. The harmonies converging and the pre-chorus + actual chorus are just heavenly... And that little bridge? (that i wish was longer!) It's Lizzy levels of simple but effective for me. (Though with more harmony than Lana usually uses. Lana is a queen of double tracking vocals generally)

32 minutes ago, Salvatore91 said:

COCC > HM > NFR > L4L > BTD > UV

Don’t think anyone will agree with my ranking, but it’s how I feel ?

We're pretty close. COCC > NFR > HM > UV > L4L > BTD > P

I just realized the title track is now my third most-played Lana song behind West Coast + Venice Bitch. I genuinely didn't even realize...
There's just something about it that makes it infinitely replayable to me. I never get sick of it and it never gets old. I wish there was a word for it. :lmaoney:

After listening to the full album, Chemtrails still remains my favorite song. Idk what it is about it but it's just so addicting and gets better each listen 

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@/leesrecords on Instagram has posted to their stories a boomerang of the Target vinyl - it does seem that the record’s back cover is the same as the standard cover and it is not a gatefold:

https://instagram.com/stories/leesrecords/2530266411240370620?igshid=qjim80g35idl

honestly it looks better seeing the actual product, the red car poster without her on it leaves much to be desired though :noparty:

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, JehovahThikness said:

honestly it looks better seeing the actual product, the red car poster without her on it leaves much to be desired though :noparty:

I have yet to see the poster, so I’m still hopeful it’ll be nice, but yeah! A poster of Lana herself would be ideal :krylie:

Here's my ranking of Lana's albums!

1. Career-defining magnum opuses 
Norman Fucking Rockwell

2. Extremely well-produced albums where artist's instincts and ideas are right, but fall short of greatness due to being undercooked (lyrical shortcomings)
Chemtrails Over The Country Club

3. Albums that lack cohesion and are jarring to listen to, but have surprising amount of good songs and lyrical moments
Lust For Life

4. Decent, but overhyped fan favorites
Ultraviolence

5. Albums that have short expiration date, but at least one great, career-defining great song
Born To Die

6. Inoffensive albums that you only listen to once and then forget they exist
Honeymoon