Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Not COCC related, but hey, it’s once again Ranking of the Albums Battle.

Though I prefer NFR, UV and HM, LFL is her most “pop/summery” album, though not her most cohesive. But there are excellent songs I go to these days (Heroin, Cherry, 13 Beaches, Groupie Love, Summer Bummer, White Mustang, In My Feelings), along with the most “summery” tracks of BTD (title track, Summertime Sadness, National Anthem, Diet Mountain Dew, Million Dollar Man, along with Young and Beautiful). Honestly, the big production on both albums make a great summer selection, and both albums flow well with the other.

Honestly, the LFL hate is a bit much three years after.

Anyways, I hope COCC has some continuity elements to NFR while soaring into its own thing.

Why does no one ever mention Paradise?! Every song on that is a classic for me and Tropico is iconic.

I guess it’s because Paradise falls into a gray area: some think it’s an album or EP on its own; some say it’s the same album as BTD, it’s part two. I guess the people loving BTD the most often include Paradise in it. I honestly loved Paradise better than BTD for a long time. It’s true that every song is perfect on it. And MV-wise, it’s her best album. All the MV are superb and Tropico is a cultural (and underrated) gem.

Why does no one ever mention Paradise?! Every song on that is a classic for me and Tropico is iconic.

One of my absolute favourites too. Everyone trashes it way too much :sadcore:

Blue Velvet got featured in a H&M ad

Cola & Ride were basically a cultural reset

Body Electric, Bel Air and Gods & Monsters were featured in her short film

Yayo was the only throwback from her Lizzy Grant days

Burning Desire was used in an ad for Jaguar 

What's not to love?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

last night I had a dream that COCC was out and I was listening to it for the first time. There was a 10 min long intro track and the first 5 mins were a black woman giving a speech. Then the next track was called Shades of Cool Now and it was 37 min long. How mentally unstable am I /10

I mean I would stan that actually  :flutter:  Full psychedelic Lana; get high by the beach enough and 37 mins sounds reasonable.  :D  

Also: "Last night I dreamed I got COCC" is a whole-ass Covid Lockdown mood just sayin'.  :smokes:   :hoe:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Paradise has one of her best productions but y'all aren't ready for this tea

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I have a feeling its gonna be her worst album. Its gonna be either country or spoken word Violets v2

for some reason this scared me oh my gosh I'm so wrapped up in whether this is actually getting released that I didn't consider she could release it and it turns out to be terrible  :biblio:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

for some reason this scared me oh my gosh I'm so wrapped up in whether this is actually getting released that I didn't consider she could release it and it turns out to be terrible  :biblio:

i can't imagine that this will be true, but obvs it will depend on subjective tastes. i don't think any of her records have been terrible or even bad, though some have been uneven (thinking of LFL mostly). there might be some songs on it i don't care for, but surely there will be ones i adore as well.

aOaIzH2.gif

i can't imagine that this will be true, but obvs it will depend on subjective tastes. i don't think any of her records have been terrible or even bad, though some have been uneven (thinking of LFL mostly). there might be some songs on it i don't care for, but surely there will be ones i adore as well.

I hope youre right! im sure you will be!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

for some reason this scared me oh my gosh I'm so wrapped up in whether this is actually getting released that I didn't consider she could release it and it turns out to be terrible :biblio:

I’m not too worried about that: She is one of the few artists out there that has a super consistent and evolving body of work. She knows what she’s good at while still trying to push towards new sound with each album. She hasn’t put out a bad album, and at least four of them are already legendary and/ or masterpieces. A first album isn’t usually that strong and consistent, but BTD made history.

I was worried about the audiobook at first, since it was not supposed to sound that finished and polished at first, but I’m glad she took her time and asked Jack. It already sounds amazing.

when i thought lana could never put out a bad song she released coachella

Is it her best? No, not at all. But it’s not that bad either. The production is good except for the trap beat, that sounds cheap on that song (it works on other tracks, but not that one), and the second verse about critics and FJM is kinda meh. The outro is good and the chorus is very nice.

She should have kept it as a stand-alone single rather than put it on LFL.

Is it her best? No, not at all. But it’s not that bad either. The production is good except for the trap beat, that sounds cheap on that song (it works on other tracks, but not that one), and the second verse about critics and FJM is kinda meh. The outro is good and the chorus is very nice.

She should have kept it as a stand-alone single rather than put it on LFL.

the drum machine was definitely the problem with the song not only the sound of it but how offbeat it was with the vocals, i think the song in general was a very weak single on lana's standard but i understand she was just trying to put out a message.

i love you, but you don't understand me.