Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Nah, The pre NFR era was miserable. The first songs we got were already a year old by the time the album was released. She teased us so much it gave her fans blue balls. Plus then we also had the mindset of, damn we’ve heard what most of the album is going to sound like and etc. I rather know nothing, than to know so much to when the album is released there’s almost barely anything new. I mean, we had people already disappointed and dissatisfied with the album months before it actually came out. They already wanted her to move onto the next album lol. This era has been way easier. It would have been better had she not mentioned it a few days after she put out NFR. I guess. No one would be feeling impatient or anything like that.

1 hour ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

Hey y’all, just consulted the tea leaves again :/

they said Chemtrails isn’t coming till next summer 

Burn those damn leaves, burn them!

Lanarat.png

28 minutes ago, drugsandroses said:

I'm not believing that these old songs are reworked and made their way into the album cause I'm not here for that. 

Yeah the person admitted to making it up thankfully

locals only

22 minutes ago, WilshireBoulevard said:

She's going to end up silently deleting the post COCC was announced in if you guys keep trying to manifest, it isn't working

Isn't it one of Question for the Culture posts? She should delete all of them while she's at it 

If the album is hypothetically delayed, it’s strange why she would announce it with such conviction if she knew it wasn’t gonna happen. 

like...just don’t say anything?? 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 minutes ago, WilshireBoulevard said:

So what's the cherry / cinnamon of this era going to be? (kind of dull song that loses its fizz quickly but is adored by locals)

Dull????????!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 hour ago, drugsandroses said:

I'm not believing that these old songs are reworked and made their way into the album cause I'm not here for that. 

I dont tink that leaked songs have a good chance of matching COCC’s sound either, but pretty much of her albums have a song recorded previously that ended up on the new album (Old Money for UV, Yayo for Paradise, BPBP for LFL, etc) so I’m expecting one or two of those on Chemtrails.

Not sure why I think this, but I'm still feeling like COCC will be an extension of NRF, sonically speaking. Maybe a little more Americana leaning wouldn't bother me tbh, but I'm not expecting a huge step away from the sound Jack & Lana cultivated on NFR. I mean, nothing like the difference between BTD & Ultraviolence. Given her Insta rant about the Culture and being able to go back to her earlier, grittier lyrics gives me hope for controversial Lana to be making her voice heard again. I love it when Lana is in your face, lyrically, and just totally outspoken and frank.:smokes:

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

53 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Isn't it one of Question for the Culture posts? She should delete all of them while she's at it 

braver (or maybe dumber) than the marines for keeping those up

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

In an interview from October 2019 with a Seattle radio station, she said that some songs that didn’t make it to NFR had a “hip-hop girl-group” sound and were “real bombastic.”

Based on the beats in the TJF snippet, maybe some songs from those early NFR sessions before the direction became a singer-songwriter sound, will make it onto the album or maybe the album in general will retain that sound?

I could see the title and the album’s potential sociopolitical satire tying well into a layered, ‘60s wall-of-sound atmosphere but with more modern beats to convey Lana’s thematic manipulation of classic American culture.