Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

9 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Because according to the website there will be a preorder ie time before the album is out where ppl can order it and a release date is revealed. 

The pre-order will probably be for the physical copies. I'm guessing she will surprise release it on digital platforms and the physicals will be sold just later on due to the pandemic.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

btw yall i just wanna throw this in the room

lanadelreystore.com where the COCC preorder is mentioned in the metadata is operated by Livenation and not Universal, Interscope or Lana's team. Unlike shoplanadelrey.com or store.universalmusic.com/lanadelrey, which were always the first to put up a new album preorder (LFL, NFR, Violet)

So even if they mention COCC preorder, I'd take it with a grain of salt since some overzealous intern might as well just have updated the metadata after Lana's September 5th announcement

image.png

2 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

But she shared the date and the title so what's the purpose of this "suprise"?

well, wouldn't we all be pleasantly surprised if it actually DID come out on the 5th? while we know thats a date, and we hope, im sure we will all probably be very shocked if it did. 

4 hours ago, gatadelrey said:

I agree, I don’t think she was holding back in the beginning either. I think she started holding back after she received so much criticism. She played it safe with NFR and was praised. She didn’t win the Grammy and I honestly don’t think she cares anymore. I don’t think she’s going to hold back on COCC bc of what she said in the question for the culture Instagram. She said we would be hearing more of her thoughts on that topic. She was attacking the culture in the post. Who knows though. 

And that's very sad. I agree--she's been attacked and criticized from the first day she assumed the LDR persona--from Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, from Lorde, from Anne Powers, from everyone after the SNL appearance (and then SNL made fun of her the next weekend on the 'News' segment)...it's been never-ending. 

I'm pretty sure someone said to her, as an aside or as 'industry advice,' "Look, you're going to be remembered as a pretty, plastic, brunette Barbie doll, and that's it," and so she radically shifted gears, changed her musical style with UV, and slowly and then quickly began dropping the glamour-doll image, which I, personally, loved

She was fearless in 2012 and 2013. She was imperious as well as vulnerable. She was enviable, and a lot of envious trolls hated her for it. So they all piled on her, and they continue to to this day. Not that she hasn't made a lot of missteps herself. 

But after the vague, watery NFR--mediocre in my book---I don't expect the dynamic quality of 'Cola,' 'Gods & Monsters' or 'Blue Jeans' on COCC, even though the excellent recent leaks have somewhat renewed my faith in her. Imagine leaving 'Serene Queen' off LFL and leaving some of the schlock that made it to the final release on there! Who's advising her? 

4 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

lanadelreystore.com where the COCC preorder is mentioned in the metadata is operated by Livenation and not Universal, Interscope or Lana's team. Unlike shoplanadelrey.com or store.universalmusic.com/lanadelrey, which were always the first to put up a new album preorder (LFL, NFR, Violet)

So even if they mention COCC preorder, I'd take it with a grain of salt since some overzealous intern might as well just have updated the metadata after Lana's September 5th announcement

and why would livenation put it in without interscopes knowledge? i swear you try to find anything and turn it negative

5 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

Well, first of all, all artists handle 'surprise releases' in their own way, being a relatively new phenomenon. Secondly, to the wider, non-Stan world, COCC is still going to be a 'surprise release,' just not to her Stans. The wider world is used to getting short news items in their Google feeds and via IG from Rolling Stone, NME, the record company in question, the artist, etc., about forthcoming releases, and this time there have been 0, as you know. 

So as I see it, this is her version of a surprise release, one without build-up and fanfare. Maybe she only mentioned the release date because of the title change. 

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

and why would livenation put it in without interscopes knowledge? i swear you try to find anything and turn it negative

how was he being negative in any way? :toofunny: 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

well its over - YouTube

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

literally where is this post negative? it basically means there might be no preorder cuz the album could surprisedrop next week

i guess you are mostly refereing to my posts from the past few days, and again, i dont see anything negative in questioning your constant reaching and seeing things where there are none. thats how discord on an online forum works :rip: anyways

image.png

It gets crazier in here every day huh

The real Lana could never do user @IanadeIrey's edits so that's debunked

"Dolphin flower" sounds like a My Little Pony no shade

I'm only here for c*p-related content if it's to take the piss out of S**n

That is all. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream