Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I really think her (for a lack of better word) disinterest for this record is because it isn’t what she wanted. She said in Interview magazine that it didn’t reach where she wanted to go and then again in Anne’s show she mentioned that Jack still hasn’t been available so the ‘destination’ is TBC

She held on to the album as long as she could before (probably) being told it was time to submit the record (so the label can get money) and being the perfectionist she is, it probably doesn’t sit right with her to release an album she isn’t fully behind 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Contemplating God said:

Yes, especially since the MOJO review described so much of the album being about authenticity

I see her being annoyed at the contradiction between the lyrical themes of finding the authentic and realizing that you're not there yet

Definitely! It'll be interesting to hear more interviews after the album has been released! I hope she finds peace with it!

Just now, Nikogo said:

I really think her (for a lack of better word) disinterest for this record is because it isn’t what she wanted. She said in Interview magazine that it didn’t reach where she wanted to go and then again in Anne’s show she mentioned that Jack still hasn’t been available so the ‘destination’ is TBC

She held on to the album as long as she could before (probably) being told it was time to submit the record (so the label can get money) and being the perfectionist she is, it probably doesn’t sit right with her to release an album she isn’t fully behind 

"Jack still hasn’t been available so the ‘destination’ is TBC"

So @Lustformoney Jack album #3 incoming?  :oprah2:

3 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

No cause she'll realize that she also can produce an album with Zach or that she can go back to Rick Nowels 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Pico Boulevard said:

No cause she'll realize that she can produce an album with Zach or that she can go back to Rick Nowels 

:gurl:fuck yeah!!

@DeluluKing how does it feel to ALMOST be able to listen to Yosemite? :smile3:

5 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I think she’s breaking away with Jack (at least for now) to try different sounds with Zach. She’s told us they’re still recording and they’ve done two cover albums now! 

Maybe she’ll do an album with Zach and then go back to Jack for LDR9, but there’s no way to know for sure 

"Don’t forget me"

Thinking of how autobiographical the album is supposed to be, it makes me think back to our earlier Hejira comparisons again. About that album, Joni said all her other albums could’ve been made by anybody (a lie but whatever), but Hejira could’ve only come from her. I feel like Chemtrails will be like that for Lana. 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I definitely don't think the interviews mean Lana is unhappy with the record. I think it's just a more challenging album and she confronts some emotions that were hard for her to do, so it's not an easy-breezy record for her. MOJO referring to an "explicit autobiographical edge" has me so excited!

1 minute ago, wild caged animal said:

Are we back at waiting for 9am PST on a random day? I know I am. Almost 2 hours....

8d6bd26223c8e33097981bef3199c6c6.gif

Image result for laganja estranja yes god gif

Especially every Tue-Thurs-Friday's 

9 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

Are we back at waiting for 9am PST on a random day? I know I am. Almost 2 hours....

8d6bd26223c8e33097981bef3199c6c6.gif

most definitely :dance:

announcement coming today delinquents, get ready :sass:

Spoiler

:ma:

21 minutes ago, heroinmelodies said:

most definitely :dance:

announcement coming today delinquents, get ready :sass:

Reveal hidden contents

:ma:

LMAO delinquents is sending me :eartha:

Wut da tea breasties? We just waiting for an announcement? This makes me feel....makes me feel like a flop :ma:

1 hour ago, Contemplating God said:

I feel like this has been the most emotionally and mentally distant she has been from a record before it's even been released

Wonder if it's because it's mostly songs written while she was with Sean

Or she really just believes she hasn't gotten it right this time

Not complaining, just an observation

I think she’s mad depressed in general right now tbh, but what do I know? 

Doesn’t she have a show in like Lithuania this month?

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

I definitely don't think the interviews mean Lana is unhappy with the record. I think it's just a more challenging album and she confronts some emotions that were hard for her to do, so it's not an easy-breezy record for her. MOJO referring to an "explicit autobiographical edge" has me so excited!

Exactly my thoughts. The last time she sounded so uncomfortable with an album was Ultraviolence; does it mean she doesn't love it? Of course not, but she knew she went "too far" with the lyrics and topics. And now it's happening again. Something happened in 2019-2020 that made her so angry and retrospective about topics that she (probably?) thought were long gone.

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Exactly my thoughts. The last time she sounded so uncomfortable with an album was Ultraviolence; does it mean she doesn't love it? Of course not, but she knew she went "too far" with the lyrics and topics. And now it's happening again. Something happened in 2019-2020 that made her so angry and retrospective about topics that she (probably?) thought were long gone.

Which is interesting cause post-honeymoon she straight up said she wasn’t gonna go deep anyway cause she got ridiculed and embarrassed about it 

But she does genuinely seem SO different, so I am curious what she’s gonna be saying this time around. I don’t think she’d make an “Ultraviolence” or “pretty when you cry” these days. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Which is interesting cause post-honeymoon she straight up said she wasn’t gonna go deep anyway cause she got ridiculed and embarrassed about it 

But she does genuinely seem SO different, so I am curious what she’s gonna be saying this time around. I don’t think she’d make an “Ultraviolence” or “pretty when you cry” these days. 

No, because she isn't in that state of mind now. The topics she seems so angry about now are her family, her frustration regarding not being able to have a long-lasting relationship, and obviously her career seen in retrospective.