Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i see whar domandapiano is saying though, songs like love song, nfr and hope are a lot more beautiful than songs like carmen, million dollar man and dark paradise - there's a real intimacy and sadness to them. with a lot of the born to die songs it feels a lot more like plastic sadness, that doesn't mean its not real, it just means its very manifactured and contains a very forced aesthetic and way of thinking, it's also not as relatable for most people in a bigger sense, whereas the nfr songs hit closer to home

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i see whar domandapiano is saying though, songs like love song, nfr and hope are a lot more beautiful than songs like carmen, million dollar man and dark paradise - there's a real intimacy and sadness to them. with a lot of the born to die songs it feels a lot more like plastic sadness, that doesn't mean its not real, it just means its very manifactured and contains a very forced aesthetic and way of thinking, it's also not as relatable for most people in a bigger sense, whereas the nfr songs hit closer to home

I get what you mean. To me, BTD was always the album where she was retelling the story of her end of teenage - early twenties, so she seems « Cooly distant » to the emotions, not so close to the story. With NFR, the emotions feel more « raw » or exposed, probably because she was living that story at the moment. I hope COCC keeps that sincerity.

i doubt she put a leaked unr on COCC

but im wondering, what unreleased song(s) would u guys like to see on the record based on what you think it will sound like?

personally, id love to see color blue.

I would love if she were to expand the sound from the UV outtakes, like color blue, fine china, your girl, say yes to heaven, flipside etc... those songs are incredible

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Amen to that!, so bored of BTD hate. I personally think it’s her best album although I love them all. NFR is being overrated by this fan base like it’s the new Ultraviolence. NFR lacks the energy or pace BTD has in my opinion.

Yeah, NFR it's very good but it'll never be her magnum opus a.k.a. Ultraviolence

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

The Cumtrails album will only touch upon the most current societal problem, perhaps a nod to J.S.D. or one of the other recently deceased publishers whom CIA or some closely linked organization may have had a hand in "disappearing."

L.D.R., supposedly has her ear to society's vein; will she only call the heralds soviets from the 'viks and other factions from Sirius or Mars?

okay but whats the tea on devout mermaid  :creep:

Wdym? Wake me up when they post a picture of Lana before Lana posts it ... otherwise, it's just another bullshit account imo

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i love how every pre release thread is just a fight over which album is her magnum opus, classic

If lipsters don't fight about this then it isn't Lana Boards lol

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

do you guys think she's going to go literal with the chemtrail concept and have actual chemtrails on the cover?

instead, i kind of want her to surprise us and do something out of left field but still very lana.

(and not as tacky as the NFR cover obv).

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

do you guys think she's going to go literal with the chemtrail concept and have actual chemtrails on the cover?

i kind of want her to surprise us and do something out of left field but still very lana.

(and not as tacky as the NFR cover obv).  :creep: 

I feel like Lana puts a great deal of thoughts into her album covers, but they never stroke me as being conceptual, or like related to the concept of the album. More often than not, it's just a pretty picture imho.

Edit: There might've been a concept with 'NFR' though, but the actual cover ended up being too crowded and mismatched.

I feel like Lana puts a great deal of thoughts into her album covers, but they never stroke me as being conceptual, or like related to the concept of the album. More often than not, it's just a pretty picture imho.

That is true. I just don't want her to have actual chemtrails on the cover because that's way too obvious and on the nose for me.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

i kind of want her to surprise us and do something out of left field but still very lana.

(and not as tacky as the NFR cover obv).

I really hope not, but this question made me realise something. This is the first album title that actually could have a literal cover - all of her other records have had titles that were more conceptial/vague. This title puts a straight forward image in your head, and it's not a particularly great or artistic one.

Edit: or what the few post above me just said, beating me to it :P

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Might be an unpopular opinion, but if, and I really mean if, Lana actually has an actual concept for this album. In my opinion, 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' is a brilliant album title.

But going by statistics, besides the title track this album is probably going to be pretty random and inconsistent in terms of concept.