Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Come on guys , whoever dreamt up Santa Monica Sinner was clearly trying to revamp Venice Bitch - I say it’s definitely fake

Okay but Summer Bummer was Lana trying to revamp Summertime Sadness :mj2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

okay but the rollercoaster "leak" why are there 4 different sides? that doesn't make sense? Side A, Side B, Side C, Side D... doesn't make sense unless each song is like 30 minutes ? lolol

vinyl

image.png

okay but the rollercoaster "leak" why are there 4 different sides? that doesn't make sense? Side A, Side B, Side C, Side D... doesn't make sense unless each song is like 30 minutes ? lolol

all of her albums after paradise have had 4 sides

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Kinda obsessing with Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood these days... I wish COCC would sound like this

It's honestly an exceptional album. I love it so much

Come on guys , whoever dreamt up Santa Monica Sinner was clearly trying to revamp Venice Bitch - I say it’s definitely fake

Maybe, but I can also imagine the good sis calling a song that unfortunately

When I said the fake lyricists needed to do better, they really did, though. If someone other than Lanz wrote this shit, they should get into songwriting

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I hate 4 sided vinyl so goddamn much, its the WORST when artists can easily fit up to 6 songs on one side and 6 on the other yet they split it all into 3 songs on 4 sides. I get if its a genuinly long album because it would't be possible but albums that are up to 13 tracks or possibly 14 tracks should be on one vinyl

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I hate 4 sided vinyl so goddamn much, its the WORST when artists can easily fit up to 6 songs on one side and 6 on the other yet they split it all into 3 songs on 4 sides. I get if its a genuinly long album because it would't be possible but albums that are up to 13 tracks or possibly 14 tracks should be on one vinyl

ive hated it ever since Lana decided to not only put Freak and Art Deco on different sides... BUT DIFFERENT VINYLS like what the fuck were u thinking bitch she could've at least split it at Burnt Norton or something 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

you guys do know the reason that 4 sided albums exist is to have better audio quality, right? the less songs on a side, the wider the grooves are which in turn allows for higher quality listening. if she fit more songs onto a side, it would sound a lot shittier. like the Ultraviolence standard edition LP; that's only one record (two sides) and in my experience it sounds the worst when compared to her other albums.

giphy.gif

you guys do know the reason that 4 sided albums exist is to have better audio quality, right? the less songs on a side, the wider the grooves are which in turn allows for higher quality listening. if she fit more songs onto a side, it would sound a lot shittier. like the Ultraviolence standard edition LP; that's only one record (two sides) and in my experience it sounds the worst when compared to her other albums.

eh, i dont buy it, i've heard plenty of old records with 6 or 7 tracks on one side and it sounds crystal clear, dare i say even a lot clearer than most modern vinyl

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Even if that tracklist with the rollercoaster back cover isn't real, it seems "so legit"  :hooker: anyways! 

Having Lilac Wine at the end (assuming it's a cover) would harken back to UV and HM, as those records also closed with a Nina Simone cover.

Thematically, I could see Lana relating to Lilac Wine on both a personal level and a cultural level that links to the potential "rich-oblivious-to-the-havoc-of-the-world" theme that some of us have inferred the record will deal with based on the title. 

eh, i dont buy it, i've heard plenty of old records with 6 or 7 tracks on one side and it sounds crystal clear, dare i say even a lot clearer than most modern vinyl

Older records were usually a lot shorter and the quality generally got worse near the end of each side (depending on the style of music, it can be very noticeable)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Older records were usually a lot shorter and the quality generally got worse near the end of each side (depending on the style of music, it can be very noticeable)

Unless the side is more than about 25 minutes (at 33 rpm), a mastering engineer who knows what they're doing should get perfect sound from it. What causes bad sound these days is using cheap shitty vinyl, and bad quality control procedures, such as pressing them too quickly, so they don't have time to cool down, which can make them warp or get out of shape.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Finally on a personal level how have you been adjusting to life as an artist during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic?

In any crazy situation like this it would always be a time for one to be inward rather than outward. I think it's great if the pandemic brings out the performance in a person. That would never be the case for me because I have so much work to do normally. I always consider myself the person who lives least on the stage, but the most in my backyard, in the garden. For me home is where I rest and reaps? the fruits of my labour - there with my close group of girlfriends and family. That being said, I'm pretty sure I played 50? shows last year so it's not like I do nothing! It's just that, as cheesy as it sounds, for me home is where the heart is and that will never change. Again though my thoughts of course are always with every single person I have ever known or have never met and I am sensitive to the cultural anxiety? we're experiencing. A lot of my work and contribution is through my meditation and just an every day smile to a stranger as simple as that sounds - or at least a smile that they can gleam through a mask.

I was going to pick out parts to make fun of, but the whole thing is pretty funny, so I just bolded the parts that made me go :awk:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

after listening to Nina Simones "Lilac Wine" ... I can totally envision Lana covering this as the closer to COCC... (

as she's done a Nina cover closer on Honeymoon and UV...) 

I just really didn't like the song titles on that leak but the more I think about it , the more I believe 

also she loves Jeff Buckley who covered Lilac Wine...