Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I asked my mum to think of the first date that pops into her head when i asked her when lana was going to announce something this month and she said the 17th

the 17th is a Friday too  :creep:  maybe she's onto something 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

this album is gunna sound like Hope

mark my words :creep:

I know I’m in the vast minority, but simple lana + piano is one of my favorite things so an album like this would give me life. I like the surfy vibezzz of Venice Bitch and FIILY, though, so an album like that would get me going as well. Cinnamon Gurl too.

I honestly do NOT want her to go back to BtD or anything that has any air of “Gangsta Nancy Sinatra”. I also don’t need anything with trap beats. I want painfully beautiful melodies with gorgeous instrumentation.

#youneedanewcocktail

yeah to forget that it exists lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I honestly do NOT want her to go back to BtD or anything that has any air of “Gangsta Nancy Sinatra”. I also don’t need anything with trap beats. I want painfully beautiful melodies with gorgeous instrumentation.

That's literally what BTD is, there are no trap beats in it either. NFR compared to Born To Die is like Whole Foods compared to the Palace of Versailles

UbsOye5.png

I know I’m in the vast minority, but simple lana + piano is one of my favorite things so an album like this would give me life. I like the surfy vibezzz of Venice Bitch and FIILY, though, so an album like that would get me going as well. Cinnamon Gurl too.

What...Carmen alone has better instrumental than every nfr instrumental combined

What...Carmen alone has better instrumental than every nfr instrumental combined

Carmen is one of my least fav lana songs.... I could never get into it, though I do see its appeal.

I guess what I’m referring to is more “vibe” of the music. For me, personally, Happiness is a Butterfly and Love Song are more beautiful than anything on BtD, even tho I still love a lot of born to die. I’m not saying I don’t like it, it’s just not the sound I want. Literally just piano is something I’d consider “gorgeous instrumentation”. Give me sax, give me surf guitars, give me drums, give me synths, what I’m saying when I’m saying I don’t want BtD is that I don’t want anything over over over produced, which is something that BtD without a question in my mind IS. I can’t even listen to Million Dollar Man because of whatever auto tune processed thing is happening to her voice on the studio cut. Luckily I don’t think any of her stuff has been overproduced since.

Also, I’m aware there aren’t trap beats on BtD, that was a separate wish. I actually really like Summer Bummer and few of the trap beat songs on LfL, I just don’t necessarily need more of them.

Idk exactly what it is but I’m really feeling sort of Leonard Cohen-ish vibes for this album. Not exactly sonically or lyrically, but like idk psychologically? But like in a Lana way. I’m not even entirely sure what I mean, but that kinda came to mind.

ik you said not sonically but if it was anything that sounded like happens to the heart or famous blue raincoat... it feeds exactly what i want

That's literally what BTD is, there are no trap beats in it either. NFR compared to Born To Die is like Whole Foods compared to the Palace of Versailles

Amen to that!, so bored of BTD hate. I personally think it’s her best album although I love them all. NFR is being overrated by this fan base like it’s the new Ultraviolence. NFR lacks the energy or pace BTD has in my opinion.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I mean, when it comes to Lana there is nothing that I’d ever say I hate. BtD is definitely an outlier in her albums, sonically, because it’s the only one that sounds like its trying to really aim for the commercial market. I think paradise expands on the sound of the first album, but is *mostly* better produced, and from UV on her music sounds “roomier” and like there is more space for the various sounds to breathe.

In any case, I’m not particularly worried about the direction she is gonna go in. I feel like it could maybe be an amalgamation of a number of her sounds. Whatever it is will feel more fresh than NFR did because we will not have heard 90% of the record through snippets and leaks.