Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, Max said:

No tea no shade, I like COCC, but it appears that she came up with the title first then wrote a random song around it. Still good, but let's not pretend like this is her most intricate work to date because she says "contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club" and also waxes poetics about zodiac signs.

No tea no shade, I like you, but you'll never see things how I see things, and i'll never see things how you see things outside of Ultraviolence. Still a great member, but let's not pretend that either of us quoting each other will not fall on deaf ears. It's nice that you feel like I care, but I don't feel the need to mention you every time I disagree with you

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

outsold the flopemite cult, now that i'll join

mbK53xg.gif

maybe on mars but okay :pls:

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

the energy in here is getting wild again, its almost warning point o clock 

mbK53xg.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

Eh you're kind of correct. 'woman' is not the subject in either interpretation. She uses 'like a woman' as a simile to describe the rest of the line. The subject will always be 'me' and the object will always be 'you' because she is doing the action, while he is being affected by the action. This also applies for 'like a baby'. You are actually arguing whether 'me', or 'you' is being described by the simile 'like a baby'. Although they're both technically grammatically correct, I personally think it makes more sense for her lover to be the 'baby'.

This song is different from her earlier music because she compares herself to a woman. Before, she usually called herself a girl. She tells her lover here that she wants to love him like she is an adult. I don't think she would try and compare herself to a grown woman and a baby within two lines. In my opinion she's trying to sound maternal and caring. Also, it kind of makes more sense because you hold and care for a baby. Babies don't really hold people lol.

Intellectuals ONLY :gclap: 

Just now, Max said:

No tea no shade, I like COCC, but it appear that she came up with the title first then wrote a random song around it. Still good, but let's not pretend like this is her most intricate work to date because she says "contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club" and also waxes poetics about zodiac signs.

I think you either love COCC or hate it. It's that kind of a track.

I simply LOVE it. It's not a complex song / melody, but there's something about that simplicity that makes it sophisticated. And I'm obsessed with the second half of the instrumental, when it starts growing and becomes a bit more aggressive, yet in contrast with her soft voice.

I also love the layering in:

UNDER THE CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB / You're born in December and I'm born in June

Under the chemtrails over the country club / YOU'RE BORN IN DECEMBER AND I'M BORN IN JUNE

Genius!

2 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

I think you either love COCC or hate it. It's that kind of a track.

I simply LOVE it. It's not a complex song / melody, but there's something about that simplicity that makes it sophisticated. And I'm obsessed with the second half of the instrumental, when it starts growing and becomes a bit more aggressive, yet in contrast with her soft voice.

I also love the layering in:

UNDER THE CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB / You're born in December and I'm born in June

Under the chemtrails over the country club / YOU'RE BORN IN DECEMBER AND I'M BORN IN JUNE

Genius!

There's nothing aggressive about it though

tenor.gif?itemid=14241027

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I do agree that it doesn't function as a single. I usually adore her single choices, but I feel like this album will be the exception. My biggest problem with Chemtrails as a single (it doesn't affect my love for it as a song, though) is, as someone very brightly said when it came out, it's the lack of space it seems to have? I mean, it's the title track, and has the most evocative title, yet the physical space in the song (in this case, the country club) is very limited -- the country club itself, a coffee store at the elementary school, Brentwood Market, and that's pretty much it. That makes me believe it'll work better as an album track.

you spilled, this is exactly why I don't find it as powerful as I think it should be for the title track

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

WASHING MY HAIR

tenor.gif

DOING THE LAUNDRY 

tenor.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

you're in the wind, i'm the water

nobody's son, nobody's daughter

139cc3f67cde54382dffb93ed13c5979.300x225

Miss courtney did that line better on both her tracks with nobodys daughter as a line. Im glad lanas inspired by her tho and i hopenit shines thru all over cocc

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

9 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

No tea no shade, I like you, but you'll never see things how I see things, and i'll never see things how you see things outside of Ultraviolence. Still a great member, but let's not pretend that either of us quoting each other will not fall on deaf ears. It's nice that you feel like I care, but I don't feel the need to mention you every time I disagree with you

No tea no shade, I still like you, but you will also never hear things how I hear them. Let's not pretend like there is not much else to do but quoting each other about our different opinions and perspectives. It's been a little over a month since she dropped the track, it gave everyone time to listen, analyze and form opinions.

Unlike what little miss @God&Monster I don't think it's a love/hate type of situation, like I said I love the track, there are elements about the track I enjoy, and others more or less. So what am I saying that's wrong? Besides 'COCC' is a much better, more interesting single than the ever so dreadful 'LMYLAW'.