Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

i would agree that it's a very casual track, thematically, but that's just at first glance, there's definitely a feeling of uncertainty within the track, despite the seemingly perfect and utopian day-to-day, which is perfectly reflected in the title itself "chemtrails over the country club" and i think this idea of a sense of anxiety & uncertainty while also living a happy, peaceful, flourishing life is very interesting :smile: 

Exactly, it's casual, but definitely not meaningless like some users would say. And you described it perfectly! Trying to live peacefully but still have concerns and worries and anxiety. The fact that she mentions the turqouise, a stone historically believed to protect people on their rides/journeys (Not All Who Wander Are Lost :hooker:), the subtle hints about her childhood, etc. It's all between the lines :icant:

3 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

She literally reads her chore list for the verses and then sings a tumblr esque dake deep poem as a chorus....still better than norman but not as deep as her magnus opus honeymoon. Yall really bashed white mustang than call cocc deep? Interesting

No lyrics from Chemtrails are better than the best lyrics of Norman yet :tommy: Plus I believe in White Mustang supremacy.

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:

he spilled :icant:

White Mustank is garbage and nowhere near as intricate as COCC but whatever floats your boats :bebe:

An-knee-ways, I'm still claiming "Wild at Heart"

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Theres subtle and then theres barren. Cocc slightly alludes to something nefarious but thats it. It only suggests minimally. Maybe it makes more sense in the contextnof the full album which fine. But as a single? It doesnt really say anything on its own. It should be a deepcut

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

24 minutes ago, new gods said:

care to elaborate :flutter:

As the Mojo reviewer mentioned, this album is more personal and thus probably makes her a bit uncomfortable knowing that she'll be sharing her thoughts and past experiences with the world. That doesn't mean that she dislikes the album and I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't release something if she's not happy with the end result.

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE !!!!:gurl:

JOIN THE DEALER CULT 

tenor.gif?itemid=7886641

ONE DAY WE WILL RISE & SHINE LIKE OUR LONG LOST SOULMATE DEALER

Y6F4fQi.gif

ONE DAY WE WILL RISE LIKE A PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES LIKE OUR SCREAMO SISTER DEALER 

tenor.gif

MANIFEST WITH ME THAT DEALER WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY SOON

MAYBE ON CHEMTRAILS OVER THE YEHAAW CLUB DELUXE VERSION, AS A STANDALONE TRACK OR AS THE LEAD SINGLGE FROM LDR8 

MANIFEST MANIFEST MANIFEST 

tenor.gif?itemid=13182698

EVERY SATURDAY AT MIDNIGHT WE NEED TO DANCE NAKED IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT AND SCREAM DEALER 8 TIMES IN ROW 

THEN OUR ENERGIES COMBINE AND  GOT SEND ALONG WITH OUR WIGS INTO THE UNIVERSE 

IF WE MANIFESTED HARD ENOUGH THE UNIVERSE WILL SEND TO LANA SOME SIGNS THAT SHE SHOULD RELEASE DEALER 

tumblr_onbfitFVG41vig5v3o1_400.gifv

DEALER, A SCREAMER, A MASTERPIECE,  A CAREER HIGHLIGHT 

:wowcry:

WHEN WE HEAR THIS SONG IT WILL CURE OUR DEPRESSION,  OUR ACNE, HOTELS WILL BE TRIVAGO, OUR SOUL GETS RELIEVED, BLIND PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE AGAIN, DEAF PEOPLE SUDDENLY CAN HEAR AGAIN 

tumblr_mjved3Hfs01riv0d9o1_400.gif

WE NEED THIS GODDAMN SONG...WE JUST NEED IT ...IT'S ALL WHAT WE EVER NEEDED FROM LANA ...IT'S WHAT THE WHOLE WORLD & UNIVERSE NEEDS FROM LANA :scream:

JOIN THE DEALER CULT:oprah3:

MANIFESTING WITH ALL MY SOUL , WITH ALL MY HEART THAT DEALER WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY , THAT LANA WILL GIVE BIRTH TO THIS SONG WITH A TASTE OF PEPSI COLA,  THAT IT WILL SNATCH OUR EXISTENCE BACK & FORTH 

jpeg

ASFJKKIZGVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MAAAAAANIFEEEEESTIIING

MORBOR CALIVATUM AGIARTA DEALER O DEALER MOSTPOISEUR ACRIVAD LARIFAXA 

DEALER RELAED :pray2::pray::pray2::pray:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, Future Jazz said:

I can't see why it would make that much less sense than saying 'let me love you like a woman'. The word 'woman' is obviously meant to be the subject of the verb 'to love' in here, although a man could say just the same sentence meaning he wants to love his partner the way he thinks a woman should be loved. Just like the word 'baby' can be meant to be the subject of the verb 'to hold', or not. And I've given several reasons, both in the context of the song and in that of her discography, why in my opinion, it does make sense for it to be this way, reasons which you have not debunked. So while I agree your interpretation makes sense, and I'm not asking you to give up on it, you just haven't shown me mine doesn't, and as long as several native English speakers don't tell me it is impossible for the verb 'to hold' to have 'a baby' as a subject and not as an object, I'm simply not convinced. We can put an end to this discussion though because it's neither pleasant nor going forward

Eh you're kind of correct. 'woman' is not the subject in either interpretation. She uses 'like a woman' as a simile to describe the rest of the line. The subject will always be 'me' and the object will always be 'you' because she is doing the action, while he is being affected by the action. This also applies for 'like a baby'. You are actually arguing whether 'me', or 'you' is being described by the simile 'like a baby'. Although they're both technically grammatically correct, I personally think it makes more sense for her lover to be the 'baby'.

This song is different from her earlier music because she compares herself to a woman. Before, she usually called herself a girl. She tells her lover here that she wants to love him like she is an adult. I don't think she would try and compare herself to a grown woman and a baby within two lines. In my opinion she's trying to sound maternal and caring. Also, it kind of makes more sense because you hold and care for a baby. Babies don't really hold people lol.

Idk maybe I'm wrong. I think you're reaching a bit though. Either way it's a cute line so idc.

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

why does she hate us

look at this fandom, I'd hate us too :oprah3: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

LMAOOOOOO @Pico Boulevard

Dealer > Yosemite and TNBAR :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

White Mustank is garbage and nowhere near as intricate as COCC but whatever floats your boats :bebe:

An-knee-ways, I'm still claiming "Wild at Heart"

No tea no shade, I like COCC, but it appears that she came up with the title first then wrote a random song around it. Still good, but let's not pretend like this is her most intricate work to date just because she says "contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club" and then proceeded to wax poetics about zodiac signs.

2 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE !!!!:gurl:

JOIN THE DEALER CULT 

tenor.gif?itemid=7886641

ONE DAY WE WILL RISE & SHINE LIKE OUR LONG LOST SOULMATE DEALER

Y6F4fQi.gif

ONE DAY WE WILL RISE LIKE A PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES LIKE OUR SCREAMO SISTER DEALER 

tenor.gif

MANIFEST WITH ME THAT DEALER WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY SOON

MAYBE ON CHEMTRAILS OVER THE YEHAAW CLUB DELUXE VERSION, AS A STANDALONE TRACK OR AS THE LEAD SINGLGE FROM LDR8 

MANIFEST MANIFEST MANIFEST 

tenor.gif?itemid=13182698

EVERY SATURDAY AT MIDNIGHT WE NEED TO DANCE NAKED IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT AND SCREAM DEALER 8 TIMES IN ROW 

THEN OUR ENERGIES COMBINE AND  GOT SEND ALONG WITH OUR WIGS INTO THE UNIVERSE 

IF WE MANIFESTED HARD ENOUGH THE UNIVERSE WILL SEND TO LANA SOME SIGNS THAT SHE SHOULD RELEASE DEALER 

tumblr_onbfitFVG41vig5v3o1_400.gifv

DEALER, A SCREAMER, A MASTERPIECE,  A CAREER HIGHLIGHT 

:wowcry:

WHEN WE HEAR THIS SONG IT WILL CURE OUR DEPRESSION,  OUR ACNE, HOTELS WILL BE TRIVAGO, OUR SOUL GETS RELIEVED, BLIND PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE AGAIN, DEAF PEOPLE SUDDENLY CAN HEAR AGAIN 

tumblr_mjved3Hfs01riv0d9o1_400.gif

WE NEED THIS GODDAMN SONG...WE JUST NEED IT ...IT'S ALL WHAT WE EVER NEEDED FROM LANA ...IT'S WHAT THE WHOLE WORLD & UNIVERSE NEEDS FROM LANA :scream:

JOIN THE DEALER CULT:oprah3:

MANIFESTING WITH ALL MY SOUL , WITH ALL MY HEART THAT DEALER WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY , THAT LANA WILL GIVE BIRTH TO THIS SONG WITH A TASTE OF PEPSI COLA,  THAT IT WILL SNATCH OUR EXISTENCE BACK & FORTH 

jpeg

ASFJKKIZGVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MAAAAAANIFEEEEESTIIING

MORBOR CALIVATUM AGIARTA DEALER O DEALER MOSTPOISEUR ACRIVAD LARIFAXA 

DEALER RELAED :pray2::pray::pray2::pray:

outsold the flopemite cult, now that i'll join

mbK53xg.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

Theres subtle and then theres barren. Cocc slightly alludes to something nefarious but thats it. It only suggests minimally. Maybe it makes more sense in the contextnof the full album which fine. But as a single? It doesnt really say anything on its own. It should be a deepcut

I do agree that it doesn't function as a single. I usually adore her single choices, but I feel like this album will be the exception. My biggest problem with Chemtrails as a single (it doesn't affect my love for it as a song, though) is, as someone very brightly said when it came out, it's the lack of space it seems to have? I mean, it's the title track, and has the most evocative title, yet the physical space in the song (in this case, the country club) is very limited -- the country club itself, a coffee store at the elementary school, Brentwood Market, and that's pretty much it. That makes me believe it'll work better as an album track.