Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, PARADIXO said:

I hope this album has the best vocals (not only the quality of her singing, but also the vocal mixing and processing). The worst was Lust for Life undoubtedly.

I'd say it was NFR. One of the things that I disliked about the album was how little attention they payed to her voice and how clumsy the mixing ended up sounding, with some exceptions. On the other hand, I truly enjoyed how her voice was treated on LFL, even if the album wasnt my favourite either. 

I myself don't like the tradition of having at least one home-made video each era. BTD ones were iconic (except Carmen tbh)... next one should've been Honeymoon (amazing vid). And that's it.

Remember when she announced White Hot Forever the day Norman came out... we had a pre-pre release thread that was so absurd but here we are! Two weeks away from the whole thing. We can't stop winning :yesnod:

Just now, sjatib said:

I truly enjoyed how her voice was treated on LFL, even if the album wasnt my favourite either. 

Really? I mean, she sings beautifully, but the technique or stylistic choices were... choices. The paper over the microphone thing was just a mess and a half. Plus she sounds dead in some songs, but that's because of the amount of filters etc. 

My favorite vocal recordings from that album are the title track, White Mustang and Get Free... she sounds emotional in Change and I love that track to death but I could've lived without the vocal filter.

Anyway Chemtrails seems to be filter-free so I'm happy :tommy:

I don’t know why we focus on promo more rather than Lana’s well-being and her ability to stay motivated this era. We’ve seen her mental health dwindle down as she got into more controversies, the body shaming, all her stuff getting leaked, and so much more. If it’s her choice to not do promo, then so be it. In my opinion, I find it very unlikely and I’m sure Lana and her label have ideas in mind like a virtual concert or something. It’s sad that what happened to her during this era might stick with her for a long time. All she needs to do is take a break from social media and focus on what she does best, writing music and poetry.

6 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I myself don't like the tradition of having at least one home-made video each era. BTD ones were iconic (except Carmen tbh)... next one should've been Honeymoon (amazing vid). And that's it.

Sir... UV is a serve. But I agree, LMLYLAW vid does not add anything to the song.

11 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

How can you talk about Carmen mv??? It's in my top 5*.

*With a few observations. I don't really like some parts of the original, so I just replaced some scenes with the ones from Diet Mtn Dew

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Really? I mean, she sings beautifully, but the technique or stylistic choices were... choices. The paper over the microphone thing was just a mess and a half. Plus she sounds dead in some songs, but that's because of the amount of filters etc. 

My favorite vocal recordings from that album are the title track, White Mustang and Get Free... she sounds emotional in Change and I love that track to death but I could've lived without the vocal filter.

Anyway Chemtrails seems to be filter-free so I'm happy :tommy:

LFL is definetly so overproduced in some parts and as a whole maybe too, and gets annoying sometimes, but I think that vocally the production was quite well crafted, and fits the (not always well executed) overall opulent aesthetic of the record. I happen to love the singing-through-paper technique, p.example.

NFR fell flat for me in many moments. The way she sounds on HTD, MAC, FIILY, VB or HIADT, p.e, is truly lovely, but other moments as the title track (which I love, anyway), Love Song, CG or HIAB (not to talk about California) make me think about what the fuck they were thinking when recording or mixing the vocals, as the result ended up being quite poor and amateurish and failed to create whatever they were looking for, in my opinion.

(Just realised this got a little out of topic, but the discussion is connected to how the vocal delivery on COTCC i expected to be!)

38 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Is this the most boring pre album wait we have ever had?

How is the album out in 2 weeks and i feel literally nothing.....

it definitely is, i feel no excitement whatsoever. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

for me its a mixture for why im not "freaking out" yet... I think most importantly the visuals are kinda all over the place, the album cover is kinda just meh, and the 2 songs we have are beautiful but not super super intimate lyrically, they're just simple & sweet, nothing controversial or breaking down how she truly feels,  just kind of nice songs to play as the sun goes down... it doesn't radiate intense feelings for me. 

I’m just chillen :lolliney:

I’m excited for the album and every song on it and I’m so stoked that we’re almost out of the ‘teens’ when talking about number of days left. Like we’re super close to single digits and that excites me enough

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

it feels like a gas station lobby(?) before getting to the destination on a road trip 

to me it feels like the day before of a very exciting trip and you’re just packing all your stuff. and then when you’re done you’re just anticipating how the trip will go :trisha:

I’m obviously excited for the album, but I don’t think a lot of us feel the same sort of momentum building up as we did with previous releases, and I think that has to do with this pandemic to be honest. I know I’ve mentioned how it has affected our lives in this thread a lot, but I think it’s true.

We’re probably used to living our very-real-lives in between Lana’s deliverance of album-related news, tidbits, etc. Our face-to-face micro-interactions can inform so much of our inner dialogue, which ultimately affects the way we anticipate events in our life (like for example, I’m sure we mentioned briefly in passing how excited we were about Norman or Lust for Life to our friends, family, colleagues, etc.) and so I think this weird stagnant period in the status quo has really seen us fixated on Chemtrails as this “beacon” of sorts for the last 10 months - more so than we ever did with her past records. For a lot of us, our lives have migrated to a remote, online model and so when you think about it, it feels like there haven’t been any significant developments in our lives and we’ve been looking forward to the same things as we know them for basically an entire year. 

Funnily enough, despite Chemtrails being mostly done before this pandemic, I think it will explore what I’ve detailed up here - hopefully we’ll feel comforted by Lana during these times. Her affirmations for normalcy on the title track have certainly made me feel less alone in my navigation of the future during these daunting, unprecedented times!

i haven't felt this excited in a long time. this album is EXACTLY what i needed during this past stressful year w covid. :party: idk how some of y'all aren't excited. i guess lack of promo plays a factor for some of you. idk. i care abut the music, the visuals and promo are just extra things to build hype. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i haven't felt this excited in a long time. this album is EXACTLY what i needed during this past stressful year w covid. :party: idk how some of y'all aren't excited. i guess lack of promo plays a factor for some of you. idk. i care abut the music, the visuals and promo are just extra things to build hype. 

some of us haven't felt any type of emotion in a while, yet even excitement, missdaytona :xcry:

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif