Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Y’all I had a phone call with polish UMG a few days ago and we’re preparing such fun local promo for Chemtrails I’m actually super excited :wub:  the only thing that pisses me off is that Twitter suspended my Lanaism account for reposting a fucking California snippet off Lana’s Instagram in 2018 and I had huge plans in promoting this project worldwide on there… I already emailed them that we need this account for actual official promo but I don’t know if it’s gonna work :/

2 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i haven't felt this excited in a long time. this album is EXACTLY what i needed during this past stressful year w covid. :party: idk how some of y'all aren't excited. i guess lack of promo plays a factor for some of you. idk. i care abut the music, the visuals and promo are just extra things to build hype. 

This! <3 I also am surprised reading some comments here because I don’t think this perceived-lack-of-activity is irregular for Lana? It’s always been about the music and she’s always just put stuff out as she wants to without explaining it too much or getting too caught up in the “glossier” aspects of being a musician. 

2 minutes ago, hlxon said:

some of us haven't felt any type of emotion in a while, yet even excitement, missdaytona :xcry:

oh same bestie, but this album is the one thing getting me through this pandemic :trisha:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

1 hour ago, Coney Island King said:

Is this the most boring pre album wait we have ever had?

How is the album out in 2 weeks and i feel literally nothing.....

It kinda is lol. I'm trying to stay excited but there's isn't much to be excited about tho. 

I'm a very impatient person when it comes to music which doesn't help either

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

This! <3 I also am surprised reading some comments here because I don’t think this perceived-lack-of-activity is irregular for Lana? It’s always been about the music and she’s always just put stuff out as she wants to without explaining it too much or getting too caught up in the “glossier” aspects of being a musician. 

yes bestie, thank you for being a positive light with me!! 

everyone's been on edge the past week, i think we're all anxious and frustrated waiting, but for some reason it's brought down excitement for some stans. idk. i'm more excited than ever. less than 14 days now, it's gonna fly by!!! :wub:

miss born to lose

I'm pretty excited, but I also actively try and not think too much about it by burying myself in work. It's making the days go much quicker.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

im going to cry can she post a photo of her on her story eating cheerios again i need it... preferably with a white dress release date giphy.gif

but anyways i'm so excited and time is honestly going by very quickly for me, i think because my days are so chaotic anyways, but i'll be on break from classes next friday and i know the wait that week is going to be unbearable... but we should all smile and think about how we're getting an entire album soon

sUcVobB.png

I remember when idiotic stans during the NFR era thought the black narcissist lyric was a reference to Azealia Banks and she made a comment like "this is why I don't participate in the culture" or something along those lines. I think with the crazy reaction to qftc and her other posts, she probably just wants to release music and go. Like Fiona Apple. I don't mind that approach tbh, but it's sad to see esp considering how much she used to interact with us.

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

yes bestie, thank you for being a positive light with me!! 

everyone's been on edge the past week, i think we're all anxious and frustrated waiting, but for some reason it's brought down excitement for some stans. idk. i'm more excited than ever. less than 14 days now, it's gonna fly by!!! :wub:

Of course, bestie! <3

Me too - especially after all the craziness of this past year, it’s going to feel so good to reintroduce something new into our lives! I love the idea of growing with music and inspiring change as a new album is released, especially when it’s an artist I love as much as Lana!! The fact that we’re less than 2 weeks away just has me feeling like I’m on the edge of something exciting coming my way and hopefully everyone reading this is able to find that in their lives too! 

We got this @LanaBoards ! <3

February flew by for me but this week (and especially today) seemed to be going super slow! I feel like we should be getting the album next week instead of having another full week before it comes out. I’m getting really nervous for this weekend and next week :bebe::bebe:

I do hope WD comes out next Friday to help accelerate the wait until the 19th. I also am really hoping for homemade TJF video to finally surface the 19th too! (Idc I love her homemade videos, even the not so good ones they seem very ‘in the moment’ and I love feeling like we’re getting a look into her life)

"Don’t forget me"

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Oh yes, I definitely understand that. I appreciate both aspects, but at least with past eras it felt more like... Idk how to say it without seeming rude, but it felt like she at least cared a little bit more. I obviously have no place to say how Lana feels, but this one just feels like "Okay I'm releasing this just to release it" so far... I very much am happy that we are getting high budget music videos at least! 

Also not to mention the songs released thus far are very different from each other in terms of how I personally liked them. To me, LMLYAW is her worst song in her discography and such a stain on everything Lana related, so thats making this album feel... meh to me already since I am going into it with a "Please don't sound like LMLYAW" attitude. Whereas Chemtrails is a very sweet song and my personal favorite title track from her, but I still have my doubts. I am not very into folk music and this is her folk album I guess, but I'm keeping an open mind as much as I can. 

Right now it's just... "Oh it's almost March 19th, that's cool" vibe

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Of course, bestie! <3

Me too - especially after all the craziness of this past year, it’s going to feel so good to reintroduce something new into our lives! I love the idea of growing with music and inspiring change as a new album is released, especially when it’s an artist I love as much as Lana!! The fact that we’re less than 2 weeks away just has me feeling like I’m on the edge of something exciting coming my way and hopefully everyone reading this is able to find that in their lives too! 

We got this @LanaBoards ! <3

exactly!! and honestly, imagine if lana wasn't releasing anything at all right now. we'd be going more insane. so even for those who aren't super excited, we should all be at least grateful to have some new music coming our way soon!! :party:

miss born to lose

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I remember when idiotic stans during the NFR era thought the black narcissist lyric was a reference to Azealia Banks and she made a comment like "this is why I don't participate in the culture" or something along those lines. I think with the crazy reaction to qftc and her other posts, she probably just wants to release music and go. Like Fiona Apple. I don't mind that approach tbh, but it's sad to see esp considering how much she used to interact with us.

Yes, I think she's pretty much over QFTC, but the "incite the riot" spin really took a toll on her.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Oh yes, I definitely understand that. I appreciate both aspects, but at least with past eras it felt more like... Idk how to say it without seeming rude, but it felt like she at least cared a little bit more. I obviously have no place to say how Lana feels, but this one just feels like "Okay I'm releasing this just to release it" so far... I very much am happy that we are getting high budget music videos at least! 

Also not to mention the songs released thus far are very different from each other in terms of how I personally liked them. LMLYAW is her worst song in her discography and such a stain on everything Lana related, so thats making this album feel... meh to me already since I am going into it with a "Please don't sound like LMLYAW" attitude. Whereas Chemtrails is a very sweet song and my personal favorite title track from her, but I still have my doubts. I am not very into folk music and this is her folk album I guess, but I'm keeping an open mind as much as I can. 

Right now it's just... "Oh it's almost March 19th, that's cool" vibe

I get that! I personally love LMLYLAW, and I love folk/country music so I get the personal taste coming into play here, but in terms of the excitement - I think these times are just weird in general and so everyone’s feeling a bit wonky about everything right now. I  wrote something on the last page about how we’re feeling and maybe Lana is feeling that right now too. I don’t want to put words in her mouth either, but I feel like she’s said in her own way, that, like all of us, she’s been affected by this pandemic. We know Lana is quite perceptive and really responds to her environment so maybe there are things that are affecting how she’s doing things in her life, namely navigating this album campaign. It probably feels a bit treacherous to do things when the public has tore you to shreds.

I understand everyone’s concerns and hopefully that passion and excitement is reinvigorated as we get closer to the 19th! <3

1 hour ago, anwdelrey said:

People just need to stop hyperanalyzing everything she says tbh. She has said some questionable things in the past couple years, but there is literally nothing malicious about her approach.

I feel like that will ultimately push her away from the spotlight, like you said.

20 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I agree. Some stans also think everything she says is a reference to pop culture, fame, drama, drugs or alcohol, as if she didn't have a past, personal life or intimate feelings as just a human being.

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I agree. Some stans also think everything she says is a reference to pop culture, fame, drama, drugs or alcohol, as if she didn't have a past, personal life or intimate feelings as just a human being.

stan culture is bad for the art and the artist

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, Max said:

People just need to stop hyperanalyzing everything she says tbh. She has said some questionable things in the past couple years, but there is literally nothing malicious about her approach.

I feel that will ultimately push her away from the spotlight, like you said.

they don’t let her love like a woman besite! :trisha:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I really think she’s about to go hard on promo in the finals week or so... I don’t see how she wouldn’t. Like her management and the label seriously will not let her not do any promo. Unheard of. 

Manifesting a post tonight at a weird hour where we aren’t expecting it!