Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

best moments on chemtrails:

Spoiler

White Dress: like Sun... RA! :icant:

NAWWAL: NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDERRRRR ARE LOOOOOOOST! :crying5:

DBJAG: life is sweet w-whatever baby, don’t ever think it’s not - while the whole world is craaaaazy, we’re making out in the parking lot :kiss3:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

27 minutes ago, nosorangegrape said:
  Hide contents

Release soon.... then a month for the hype to die down and Yosemite recognized as the mediocrity it is.

:ohsnap:

Spoiler

You are not doing this for us or the right reasons. Your opinion will not withstand all the time, changes, and seasons.

Spoiler

:willcut:

I haven’t listened to the leak for a few days and instead have been re-listening to older albums, particularly Honeymoon since the first go-around I was ambivalent about it

That might be a mistake because Honeymoon sets a high, high bar for what peak Lana is

:defeated:

Spoiler

After listening to the album for like a week now, I find it really hard to rank it against other albums of her discography. Every project she has put out is so unique in its own way so it makes it so hard to compare the albums. 
However has anyone else noticed this album is probably her least dark/most happy she has ever released? I find the lyrical content nostalgic and poetic as usual but not in a way that she sounds sad or melancholic. 

Spoiler

I still haven't heard the leak. Gives me something to look forward to.

Apparently COCC has lyrics included in the booklet. First time since BTD. I hope this is ok to post. It was posted by Lana fans at VK.com

X7lOhpOEJTM.jpg?size=1080x806&quality=96

3 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I still haven't heard the leak. Gives me something to look forward to.

Surprise collaboration dropping tonight:

„Never worn (a) white (white dress)“ feat. Katy Perry

:hottie:

I finally figured out my own interpretation of the title song. I think the verses and the chorus are describing different time periods — the chorus describes the past, her childhood, and a desire to escape “normality”. The verses are addressed to a lover, one in the present with whom she has learned to embrace the beauty of the ordinary. The themes of lazily watching the apocalypse from “The greatest” are continued.

The climax of the song comes as the chorus is repeated a final time, this time with an expression of longing for a restoration of the world she once escaped from (“I want only

Like when we were kids under chemtrails and country clubs”).

When the song first premiered, I was taken aback because the title is so aggressive that I was expecting something more brash and satirical, but I think the resulting song is more subtle and thoughtful. Chemtrails [metaphorically] are a silent killer, and Lana is suggesting that the only way to live in a world of Kafkaesque terror is to settle into the deep normality.

Chemtrails are suburbia, native genocide, police, everything silent and threatening about America. But the cancerous sun is still beautiful, and since we’re stuck under the chemtrails in the meantime… we can contemplate God.

The way I don't think this album is either happy or sad. It's really like an open road to who knows where the fuck. But we just ride. :wowcry:

It's like every track is a different phase of a long roadtrip. Too much time to think, so we get nostalgic, we get happy, sometimes sad, but not really.:krylie:

I can't wait to know how y'a'll interpret the album. It seems we all have different views. 

Wide Open Roads « fstopandsee

Looking at the booklet artwork the VK fans have scanned and leaked, Chuck is the star of every single picture. Like, she stands out in every picture in the artwork and she and Lana's friends are all over the damn artwork. Lana looks like a background extra in all of them. Chuck looks like the "star". I wonder if that was on purpose.

Yeah, I haven't heard it in like almost a week, but on my first few listens, I found it more pensive, reflective, and wistful than anything. It feels too simplistic to call it "dark" or "light" because it's such an existential album, it has shades of everything. Idk. 

It's funny that this is the album she's releasing off the back of Question For The Culture because it doesn't have hardly any of the angst found in her last few albums. In fact, it's easily her most mature album yet.  

9 minutes ago, NamiraWilhelm said:

Why lyrics to some but not all? Only lyrics for the ‘singles’ maybe? In which case we’ve almost had them all ?

From the scans I think it includes all the lyrics to the songs.

15 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Yeah, I haven't heard it in like almost a week, but on my first few listens, I found it more pensive, reflective, and wistful than anything. It feels too simplistic to call it "dark" or "light" because it's such an existential album, it has shades of everything. Idk. 

It's funny that this is the album she's releasing off the back of Question For The Culture because it doesn't have hardly any of the angst found in her last few albums. In fact, it's easily her most mature album yet.  

she phrased it a bit horribly but if the record was originally sent at the end of the statement, with it being as beautiful and healing as it is, it just makes me think of net culture and reacting rather than interpreting what's being said. n I remember the tears she had when she was trying to defend herself. like. if the album was part of that, she really was just trying to make her place in feminism.

UV/Honeymoon