Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

also, one thing we can appreciate if it does come out in september is one of the kind of most disappointing points of NFR was having the singles stretched over such a long period of time. i can’t imagine how hard that album must hit hearing it for the first time as one.

Maybe this is why NFR might have been a letdown for some: MAC, VB, the greatest, FIILY are all stellar tracks with a lot of production but kinda felt « old » when the album finally saw the light of day. Same with Doin Time. And the snippets gave away way too much.

We’re likely to hear a single before the release, maybe two (though I doubt it) And I love it.

I think MAC is so underrated only because it came out one year before the album. This song is one of Lana's best and top3 in NFR for sure. I think I won't listen to any snippets or even a lead single before the album this time.

Mmeow~

I honestly prefer this era, as quiet as it is, to the NFR mess.

also, one thing we can appreciate if it does come out in september is one of the kind of most disappointing points of NFR was having the singles stretched over such a long period of time. i can’t imagine how hard that album must hit hearing it for the first time as one.

Yes to both of these!

This release is way more smooth and mellow. Minus the obvious “controversies” which I think add a bit of flavor honestly.

This really does remind me of Honeymoon prerelease in a sense. Just like this chill, warm, and fuzzy feeling. Idk lol! Now we just need a single. That said though I wouldn’t mind her not dropping anything before the release. Just give us the cover and the track list is all I ask!

i am so ready for COCC at this point if its delayed im gonna be so mad :rip: MAC and VB are almost 2 years old at this point, i am ready for a new era! and hopefully one that doesnt stretch out over an entire year with a single every 5 months or so with no album in sight

image.png

I think MAC is so underrated only because it came out one year before the album. This song is one of Lana's best and top3 in NFR for sure. I think I won't listen to any snippets or even a lead single before the album this time.

Yessss. MAC is one of the best songs on NFR for sure. One of my faves from her catalog honestly. It doesn’t get the credit it deserves.

Maybe this is why NFR might have been a letdown for some: MAC, VB, the greatest, FIILY are all stellar tracks with a lot of production but kinda felt « old » when the album finally saw the light of day. Same with Doin Time. And the snippets gave away way too much.

We’re likely to hear a single before the release, maybe two (though I doubt it) And I love it.

i think of this is like NFR part 2 and it just gets released at the same time it’ll blow my mind

Yes to both of these!

This release is way more smooth and mellow. Minus the obvious “controversies” which I think add a bit of flavor honestly.

This really does remind me of Honeymoon in a sense though. Now we just need a single. That said though I wouldn’t mind her not dropping anything before the release. Just give us the cover and the track list is all I ask!

A single would be the cherry on the sundae. But if it’s just the cover reveal, preorder and tracklist, I will be very happy. And honestly, we had solid leaks in 2020, an audiobook, and I can hold for a month without a new song (although I am super curious about Tulsa Jesus Freak: White Hot Forever: she almost named an album after it, it seems like the lead single of Chemtrails and Jack apparently said it was the shit, which makes me think it was decided last year it would be « the image » of the album and that a video is plausible for that one).

It’s very possible that Tulsa Jesus Freak / White Hot Forever are just poems from the full book that didn’t make the audio version, but the fact that her album was almost called White Hot Forever and that we assume there is/was a title track of that name still gives me hope that TJF/WHF is related to music and not just poetry.

i don't think tfj:whf is a poem because the way she was mouthing the words definitely looks like a song, whereas if she was mouthing the poem she would've done it more confidently? if that makes sense? but i think it's a song

It’s very possible that Tulsa Jesus Freak / White Hot Forever are just poems from the full book that didn’t make the audio version, but the fact that her album was almost called White Hot Forever and that we assume there is/was a title track of that name still gives me hope that TJF/WHF is related to music and not just poetry.

Idk about TJF but WHF has to be a song.

Like you said she had mentioned it as a “record” she was working on right after NFR. As far as it having been the actual album title I’ve always questioned that. Lana could have meant record as in a single track. I think she’s been known to describe things like this before, interchangeably. MTWBT for example.

I really have a feeling that TJF and WHF are going to be double release like GL/SB VB/MAC FILY/The Greatest. Worst case scenario WHF is a song and TJF is a poem that is somehow related to that song that maybe adds additional insight or another layer.

NFR Pre release era was an experience. Do you guys remember this iconic pre thread? I don't think I want to remember...

That thread was the reason I joined here. What an emotional Rollercoaster it was. I dont remember how many pages it was but I think it rivaled the Bible. This is a much more calming wait, definitely because Violet is so much more incredible than I was planning on. That is, unless this next week comes and goes, then we'll see what pandemonium starts to bubble.

my favorite part of every pre release thread is when the 30 second snippets leak from a russian website and instead of listening to them i just read you all describing the songs omg what a rush

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

my favorite part of every pre release thread is when the 30 second snippets leak from a russian website and instead of listening to them i just read you all describing the songs omg what a rush

You have way more self control that I have!!! Whenever I read about a snippet or a song leak, I am losing my damn mind. The only time I restrained from listening was when BAR leaked because Ben reported that she was very upset and it might get a chance to be part of LFL (when I saw she didn’t put it on, I listened the hell out of that track though).

Idk about TJF but WHF has to be a song.

Like you said she had mentioned it as a “record” she was working on right after NFR. As far as it having been the actual album title I’ve always questioned that. Lana could have meant record as in a single track. I think she’s been known to describe things like this before, interchangeably. MTWBT for example.

I really have a feeling that TJF and WHF are going to be double release like GL/SB VB/MAC FILY/The Greatest. Worst case scenario WHF is a song and TJF is a poem that is somehow related to that song that maybe adds additional insight or another layer.

It could be. But on all of her socials, it was captioned: Tulsa Jesus Freak: White Hot Forever, which makes me think it’s a two-part title.

It could be. But on all of her socials, it was captioned: Tulsa Jesus Freak: White Hot Forever, which makes me think it’s a two-part title.

This is another option I’ve thought about too! Any way I go about it though it comes back being a song.

Maybe Tulsa Jesus Freak: White Hot Forever is like two different songs that flow together in one? Like Green Day's Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams. That would be cool. I don't think Lana has done that before

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Maybe Tulsa Jesus Freak: White Hot Forever is like two different songs that flow together in one? Like Green Day's Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams. That would be cool. I don't think Lana has done that before

if it's as much of a serve as hard feelings/loveless, then i'll take it

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF