Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

34 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

Born To Die -  Where The Boys Are??

Paradise - Blue Velvet
Ultraviolence - The Other Woman
Honeymoon - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Lust For Life - You Must Love Me

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Doin' Time

Chemtrails Over The Country Club - ???

The Ballad of Lucy Jordan by Marianne Faithful. It tells the story of a suburban woman in the midst of a nervous breakdown, who fantasizes that she's being driven through Paris with the warm wind in her hair, when she's really being driven to the mental institution. It would line up nicely with Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution.

Imagine COCC ending with a dark gloomy cover of this (with flying jet effects in the background), in the vein of her Once Upon a Dream rendition :oprah2:

Lanarat.png

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

Don’t believe the review!!! Like I said, it’s really weird for being a review, the grammar is bad, he added an “A” to the album title, and it’s only a few sentences. Don’t trust it at all, at least not until the writer has reached back to say something that sounds somewhat true.

You’re right. It’s garbage. 

honestly, to review an album, you at least mention the lead singles and a couple more songs lol.

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

Don’t believe the review!!! Like I said, it’s really weird for being a review, the grammar is bad, he added an “A” to the album title, and it’s only a few sentences. Don’t trust it at all, at least not until the writer has reached back to say something that sounds somewhat true.

I present you these facts about What's On, the website that has posted that review. They will help you make your own mind up.

• The website frequently posts reviews of legitimately released music, as seen here: https://whatson.guide/albums/
  • Their Summer 2020 magazine confirms that the guy who wrote the article, Gary Trueman, is the Music Editor, and has written many real reviews for real albums, and they are just as bad and vague - so it COULD be real.
  • What's On have posted the review on their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter - people are asking them if it's real etc etc. 
  • They have 60k followers on Facebook, only 4 on Linkedin, 3k on Instagram.
  • ^To further, their engagement is terrible on Facebook (1 or 2 likes per post, which is bad but not totally unheard of). Potentially their followers are bought, but the figures on both platforms are pretty standard for streetpress publications.
  • Their socials are a mess - the website seems to be Asia centric content (and their 'magazine' is advertising What's On Asia 2020, but their socials talk about What's On UK).
  • The album artwork is tagged with incubus_art in the corner. That account has no trace of that artwork, but it is made from an interpolate picture of Lana from an old (Neil Krug?) shoot.

I also present you these two possible scenarios:

• It's not a real review - the figures show that the website is flagging in engagement, and they want to have a boost in traffic for their advertisers.
  • It is a real review - they got a digital download in advance to review it, and they just googled anything for the placeholder for the artwork. They then fucked up the embargo and released a review early. 

One seems more likely than the other.

Signing off, bang bang, kiss kiss. :oic: xo

3lfQEhw.png