Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

16 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

He mentions bangers... which songs?!?? We want info!!!

Don’t believe the review!!! Like I said, it’s really weird for being a review, the grammar is bad, he added an “A” to the album title, and it’s only a few sentences. Don’t trust it at all, at least not until the writer has reached back to say something that sounds somewhat true.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

don’t take any notice of that website, it’s a fake review site. They generate fake articles to get ad revenue. The more people that click there site the more money they get.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Born To Die -  Where The Boys Are??

Paradise - Blue Velvet
Ultraviolence - The Other Woman
Honeymoon - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Lust For Life - You Must Love Me

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Doin' Time

Chemtrails Over The Country Club - ???

@vodkaa once said that White Hot Forever gave them Saturday Night Fever by the Bee Gees vibes - someone else said that the “it’s so damn hot tonight / take the sadness out of Saturday night” lyrics could be part of White Hot Forever so maybe that’s a reference to the Bee Gees?

Lana referenced a lot of Laurel Canyon on NFR and there are definitely tinges of that sound on the record. Maybe that’s indicating a more upbeat ‘70s sound on this album? Like some wah-wah guitars, synthy-strings, and beats with more complex rhythms?

I also think @RormanNockwell’s theory about the Saturday night lyrics referencing her SNL performance in 2012 is very likely. In fact, if it’s part of White Hot Forever, then maybe that song is about a relationship but also about how singing and songwriting is her “white-hot forever” - in that she’s so passionate about it and it truly is intrinsic to her, even when there is discouragement from the media, etc. It could explain why that was the album title at one point - it could’ve been her looking back on the start of her success while summing up her career and making personal declarations for herself! 

15 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

tbh I haven't been playing the TJF snippet as much as the NFR snippets (especially the "In Your Car" snippet omg) so hopefully it won't feel like I know the whole song when it actually does come out lol

I think because before LFL / NFR we were never used to snippets and how to savor them, my subconscious is trying to preserve this album for me.

BELIEVE ME, the TJF snippet is quietly playing on a loop in the back of my mind all day everyday, but I don't want to physically listen to it until we have the full song. Its like clicking a lot easier than the last album cycle. :hottie: and tbh I couldn't be more proud of us, thats GROWTH

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@vodkaa once said that White Hot Forever gave them Saturday Night Fever by the Bee Gees vibes - someone else said that the “it’s so damn hot tonight / take the sadness out of Saturday night” lyrics could be part of White Hot Forever so maybe that’s a reference to the Bee Gees?

Lana referenced a lot of Laurel Canyon on NFR and there are definitely tinges of that sound on the record. Maybe that’s indicating a more upbeat ‘70s sound on this album? Like some wah-wah guitars, synthy-strings, and beats with more complex rhythms?

I also think @RormanNockwell’s theory about the Saturday night lyrics referencing her SNL performance in 2012 is very likely. In fact, if it’s part of White Hot Forever, then maybe that song is about a relationship but also about how singing and songwriting is her “white-hot forever” - in that she’s so passionate about it and it truly is intrinsic to her, even when there is discouragement from the media, etc. It could explain why that was the album title at one point - it could’ve been her looking back on the start of her success while summing up her career and making personal declarations for herself! 

Your mind!! 

Love those theories!! 

Hope that they will turn out as true bc they are brilliant !

And Lana please give me the wah wah guitars and synthy strings :defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

13 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

Paradise - Blue Velvet

I would love an Amy Winehouse cover! Love is a Losing Game, He Can Only Hold Her, or Some Unholy War would be beautiful!

Also I think even though she recorded Where the Boys Are in 2011, she recorded Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis for BTD but she wasn’t given the rights to put it on the album - in this video (around 7:15) below ;)

17 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

Paradise - Blue Velvet

The End of the World by Skeeter Davis

Lanarat.png