Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Yosemite has really destroyed me the last ~36 hours. Like Wander into Yosemite and then repeating Yosemite a couple times has just been a dagger in the chest. I liked it at first but it definitely took a couple listens to really appreciate and now I'm just so floored by it constantly. The instrumentation reminds me of bartender in that it sounds like something is being rushed, almost anxiety inducing, like running out of time, but done so much better for real. I can't get over it's beauty, she did well to save it for this album and not on LFL.

@salvatore how does it feel to be right for four years king?

Edited by Distantly
Edit: Typo

3 hours ago, honeybadger said:

at the moment i'm really feeling wild at heart :oprah: 

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF I WOULND'T SING FOR THEM NO MORE, LIKE IF YOU HEARD I WAS OUT IN THE BARS DRINKING JACK AND COKE GOING CRAZY FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN TO MY STORIES BABE... TIME AFTER TIME I THINK ABOUT LEAAAAAVVINNNNN, BUT YOU KNOW THAT I'LL NEVER DO JUST CAUSE YOU KEEP ME BELIEVING :lange:

Wild At Heart hit me fully today, too. :defeated:  It's such an angelic, sugary sweet song for her, and her vocals are absolutely heavenly on it.  :squidward:

1 hour ago, picturebook said:

Ok now that I had time to digest the album I've finally realized what my problem with Chemtrails is. It just doesn't excite me. It's all on the same note and there are no real highlights. It's a solid album. I like every track. I don't regret buying all vinyl versions - so please don't come for me...

I agree, the album is cute with some gems in it but it doesn't excite me. Maybe I just need to give it a few more listens. 

Not All Who Wander Are Lost is so good tho.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

i saw someone posted this a few days ago, but i’m gonna say it... the opener and closer of the album are perfect, the meaning makes so much sense for them being opener/closer’s

This is a great album. Lana produces amazing, gorgeous records. I know this is a Lana forum so it's taken for granted that everyone is a fan, but I really just have to hand it to the woman for her amazing discography ... and it seems she has no plans to slow down.

I don't think the album's really missing anything, but whoever said they could see Yes To Heaven as Track 8 between NAWWAL and Yosemite has me swooning now. That would have been so dreamy, lol. 

13 minutes ago, 1212 said:

Hearing How to Disappear instrumental during Wild at Heart :flutter: sampling her own song :flutter:

I must be the only one who hasn't heard this. Maybe it's because I've only listened to HTD a total of like 5 times. 

I'll re-listen.

ok im listening again and its sooo good. I really like how she sounds very free and confident. 

Ive also realized the cover art is starting to make sense. Its almost like a bar photo, how they are all grouped together. Ik its at a country club but thats another vibe im picking up.

Has anyone pointed out at 1:33 in DTWD she sings "Clementine isnt just a fruit,  It's my daughters chosen name"  :makeup: 

41 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

This is a great album. Lana produces amazing, gorgeous records. I know this is a Lana forum so it's taken for granted that everyone is a fan, but I really just have to hand it to the woman for her amazing discography ... and it seems she has no plans to slow down.

This :oprah:

Anyways, guess who is still crying over Yosemite?? :beyonce: