Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

finding out that NAWWAL was supposed to be on NFR is something i've found myself thinking about recently. it fits this album so much better in my opinion, i can't imagine it on NFR

imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

:thumb3::godlaugh::thumb3::godlaugh:

Our queen has the girls MAD. :lmao:

50 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

finding out that NAWWAL was supposed to be on NFR is something i've found myself thinking about recently. it fits this album so much better in my opinion, i can't imagine it on NFR

I think it was probably just an early version or concept demo of it, if anything. I agree, it doesn't fit NFR at all. 

1. Yosemite

2. White Dress

3. Not All Who Wonder Are Lost

4. Dark But Just a Game

5. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

6. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

7. Tulsa Jesus Freak

8. Wild At Heart 

9. Dance Till We Die 

10. Breaking Up Slowly 

11. For Free

my only issue with breaking up slowly is how it's structured, it's quite short and i wish it was less fast-paced, it doesn't quite feel like a satisfying listen because it's short, someone said it was almost like an interlude which is very true, it's a gorgeous song either way but it kinda deserved better

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

my only issue with breaking up slowly is how it's structured, it's quite short and i wish it was less fast-paced, it doesn't quite feel like a satisfying listen because it's short, someone said it was almost like an interlude which is very true, it's a gorgeous song either way but it kinda deserved better

it really is a beautiful song but i agree it could be longer... add another verse add a bridge if there isn't one i can barely remember even though im listening to it right now lmfaoofsdsgjfdhls

but the instrumentals are so beautiful and dark and full, and their harmonizing is a dream (don't send me FLOOOOWERS like YOUUU always do) :trisha:

sUcVobB.png

Picture it: 30 years from now we are 50-something, Lana's disappeared from public image a couple of years ago, she's been on some Fiona Apple shit for quite some (long) time, only dropping albums from time to time just to go back to the dark. Us die-hard fans still listen to her music and show it to our youngsters relatives: they love her because they were born with vintage souls just like us. In they journey of discovering astonishing Lana Del Rey they decide to listen to Chemtrails, kinda forgotten by the enthusiasts, an album they never heard about, an album nobody remembers to mention when they talk about Lana's greatness and the thrilling years of her peak. You know that feeling? When you find a lost old album hidden between recognized pieces of music? And you feel like you found something so valuable, so inspiring, so unique... so remote. Those are the qualities of a treasure, and oh! it's the best feeling in the world when you found it by yourself. It makes you feel so special. And then, finally, we understand COCC's indispensable existence and place in her discography. The meaning of it all. We are going to understand so. 

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

im not even sure the person with the cast is her :bebe: since they never show HER face while skating.... i really wish she didn't fall

most defnitlee not methinks. aside from that mini fire pit maybe. think it would've made the video a lot more beautiful. same 

UV/Honeymoon

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

most defnitlee not methinks. aside from that mini fire pit maybe. think it would've made the video a lot more beautiful. same 

i mean even the fire pit idk, the video is cute but it could've been a world better. but it's okay they did the best they could :xcry:

sUcVobB.png

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i mean even the fire pit idk, the video is cute but it could've been a world better. but it's okay they did the best they could :xcry:

defo. i've still got stills in my head on how the vid could've been too. think they were just going for the dreamlike quality to it. the flashes were great 

UV/Honeymoon

Guys I’ve been drinking for almost 5 hours straight, what’s new. 

BUT ALSO GUESS WHAT’S NEW 

Spoiler

DEEZ FUCKING NUTS THAT’S WHAT

385-E13-B7-0651-4-A9-C-ACDB-439-BAFA5-B3

AND THERE’S ONE MORE CD AND SIGNED CARD CUMMING SO GUESS WHO’S GONNA DO A RAFFLE FOR THEIR SISTERS? ME THAT’S WHO. MAYBE EVEN TWO RAFFLES. SO PREPARE YOUR BUSSIES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. JUST YOUR LOVE FOR LANA DEL FUCKING REY. I CANT WAIT TO BLESS UP. KEEP YA EYES PEELED.

I LOVE YOU ALL.