Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

54 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

She confirmed in Rolling Stone that the songs she wrote with Lana have a good chance of coming out at some point. From that interview, she didn’t hint at all that a plan was all maped out. Maybe she was lying, but it gave me hope that Chemtrails’s follow up shouldn’t be Country (after two minimal albums, we need a change of pace). 

I don't see a problem with a country album as a special edition for Christmas or something like "Lana and friends". What is annoying is feeding us with lots of expectations for a revenge album and it ended up being "I love my friends and family" kind of record

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/nikki-lane-lana-del-rey-country-album-1148617/

Here’s the link to the Rolling Stone interview with Nikki Lane about Lana. 

Regarding RCS, given the process of BUS, I don’t think Nikki really knows. She just is judging by the amount of material they wrote together and knows that’s about an album’s worth and that Lana wants to release it (but let’s be real Lana says that a lot). That’s my interpretation at least. 

4 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/nikki-lane-lana-del-rey-country-album-1148617/

Here’s the link to the Rolling Stone interview with Nikki Lane about Lana. 

Regarding RCS, given the process of BUS, I don’t think Nikki really knows. She just is judging by the amount of material they wrote together and knows that’s about an album’s worth and that Lana wants to release it (but let’s be real Lana says that a lot). That’s my interpretation at least. 

" ,,Send me your song!” I made her a demo, just so that she had something. I was excited when she said it would be on this record." why is this so funny:krylie: she just announced shes taking the song for herself

This makes me think that RCS is not a country album... I mean they have songs recorded but they don't seem to be destined for any album still. 

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

" ,,Send me your song!” I made her a demo, just so that she had something. I was excited when she said it would be on this record." why is this so funny:krylie: she just announced shes taking the song for herself

I mean it's Lana Del Rey I would gratefully give her anything she wanted for her own piece of work :whatever2:

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

"So I think she wants to lean into country, and I love that."

giphy.gif

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Okay, now where are the Reddit insiders that supposedly got their hands on RCS, so we can finally know what genres it will be?

RCS opening track:

571-EFB68-2831-4144-9253-3-D6-F6459-CCD7

11 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

RCS opening track:

571-EFB68-2831-4144-9253-3-D6-F6459-CCD7

I'm on the run

With you my sweet sponge

There's nothing wrong

Contemplating cods

Under the flowers

Over Sandy's... airrr domeeeeee

Wq9zHLl.jpg

3 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

what is Under My Skin...? 

It's an apparently unleaked song Lana did with the Last Shadow Puppets

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

39 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

if she's in the RCS headspace i just want her to release it.... i don't want her to be over it before it's even out like with COCC :air:

I agree COCC  is an album that she started creating almost 2 years ago . RCS has to be released this year while the alleged things that she is talking about in her album are still relevant to her . 

Also Nikki saying that it would make her happy if Lana followed a more country direction with her music alarmed me a bit  :delicious:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

right now, i don't think that RCS is gonna be the country album that Nikki discussed. i'm not even sure we'd get that album, there's been so many projects that have been talked about and never come to fruition. we'll have to wait and see, of course, but something tells me that RCS isn't something that's going in the country direction. 

(lana PLEASE don't prove me wrong)

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Why does the thought of lana making a country album is making me so depressed:icant: literally anything but country n folk

I like folk, but couldn't she wait till she turns 40? 

Or at least do something innovative with her sound. She follows a lot of folk singers on ig. So she knows how modern folk sounds like. She could be creative and not doing more from the same with mainstream treatment