Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This is starting to feel very similar to NFR and COTCC when we got a new song and then absolutely nothing else :thumb2:

Where is the lead single, preorder, and album Lana

"Don’t forget me"

Remember how organized, quick-to-the-point and enjoyable Honeymoon era was... WOW :oprah2: These last "eras" are like never-ending tortures of pure chaotic mess and this last one has barely started

10 hours ago, Red Dress said:

Literally just thinking THIS. I'm listening to BTD right now and reminiscing about those mega impactful opening lyrics:

"Feet don't fail me now, take me to the finish line"

"Blue jeans, white shirt, walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn"

Those openers were SO fucking iconic and THAT is the sort of thing that I've felt was missing from her more recent projects. The dramatic tension. And I sort of felt it again in the beginning of 'Text Book', both the vocal and the lyric delivery; but that's why I think the song is a sort of dig at all of us who want her to continue to deliver textbook Lana songs. She's proving she can still have that impact, even if it is sonically different. NGL that's EXACTLY what I want from her.

might be a stretch but it sorta immediately made me think of how MDM would start too all lazily and then bam, like a heavy side movement of the hips w how jazzy it was and of course the drama of the chorus. loved it and still love it now. 

I KNOW I WANT MORE TOO :excited: she's serving slick n cold vengeance. 'side from BB of course. 

UV/Honeymoon

Of course there is plenty of time for this prerelease to turn into a drawn out mess, but as of now things seem promising. We already got 3 long songs, which in prerelease singles talk is something that would normally be spread over a couple of months. She’s obviously not keen on saying much about what’s going on, but it does feel intentional, and perhaps planned out at this point. I bet we get the album this summer. 

I know this may be her "I'm not saying anything at all" era but I really want some kind of interview or something to learn more about the album :crying5:. Maybe she'll just let the music talk this time so no one can complain about what she says :creepna:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Spotify Update:

Text Book - 935,014 streams
Blue Banisters - 861,325
Wildflower Wildfire - 448,404 :trisha:

Mike Dean made all that noise  for this to be  the streaming numbers on the song he produced ? I- 

9 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Spotify Update:

Blue Banisters - 861,325

Flopped so hard :lange:

giphy.gif

On Friday and Saturday, BB was shown as Lana’s newest single on Spotify, but today, Text Book is shown as such on her page! I wonder why they changed it

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

3 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

On Friday and Saturday, BB was shown as Lana’s newest single on Spotify, but today, Text Book is shown as such on her page! I wonder why they changed it

Cause Text Book has the most streams

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

19 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Spotify Update:

Blue Banisters - 861,325

Text Book being the most streamed of the three is really surprising. I find it’s the least « accessible » of the 3. 

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Text Book being the most streamed of the three is really surprising. I find it’s the least « accessible » of the 3. 

I find it accessible, but it definitely takes more time to get there...the first verse starting the way it does is a shock that’s hard to get used to, but the instrumentals and first prechours onwards really make the song super powerful 

plus it has the BLM line so people are going to continue to steam to see if it’s a big deal :brows:

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

I find it accessible, but it definitely takes more time to get there...the first verse starting the way it does is a shock that’s hard to get used to, but the instrumentals and first prechours onwards really make the song super powerful 

plus it has the BLM line so people are going to continue to steam to see if it’s a big deal :brows:

Controversy sells. With just mere days to digest it so far, I am not at all surprised she hasnt said nor posted anything. "Let them talk" I'm sure she said. And dropped this shit like a glass plate. Even if the songs aren't charting (does she ever) she started conversations. Again. I mean she was #2 topic on Twitter when the songs dropped with literally only us aware it was possibly happening. Girls an icon even if she doesn't want to be.

I’m glad people are enjoying Text Book even if it is the most “controversial.” The problem that I envision in my head is that the minute someone ‘screws up’ in society’s eyes, it’s really hard to make a comeback from that. Practically translated: ever since QFTC people are finding something wrong with every single little thing that she does. So in my mind the idea that Text Book is killing it means that the music is speaking for itself (even if it contains something controversial) and that’s probably Lana’s end goal. Let the music shine girlies :hair: