Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I think itโ€™s delayed and she drops approximate datesย to keep buzz going, she relies on an invested andย dedicated fan base, not mainstream sales. Manipulative, but smart from a point of view of longevity by keeping those who they know will buy the music anyway wanting more. In that sense, Lana becomes invested in long-term by a consistent audience, not facilitated by the ever changing zeitgeist.ย I have a feeling she and her management prefer (and I think inย the long-term, rightly so)ย to lean into her status as a Great American Songwriter instead of conventional promotional strategies. Sheโ€™s an album artist, and thereby she is marketed on her (rightful and long overdue) critical acclaim and, Iโ€™ll just say it, prestige. It would be ridiculous at this point for her brand to be marketed any other (more thirst-quenching) way. Not to mention that she very clearly runs the show, almost always has, and I think she should be trusted (except ironically with more objective things like dates ?) with her vision, and her management knows that. Theyโ€™re thinking a decade or two down the line, not just next year career-wise.ย Sorry to the hopeful.ย ?

ย 

I just hope she hasnโ€™t backtracked direction-wise in terms of recently evolving compositional style lyrically and musically and reverts to more conventional writing, thatโ€™s my main concern, Chemtrails is only getting better with time and repeated listening and it hasnโ€™t been long. Butย I will beย very happy to be wrong.

she's following 666 people on IG

ย 

I Talk to Satan confirmed on LDR8

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

very unpopular opinion, but i would actually love anything "folk" or just slow & mellow from lana, i've been really into that vibe/sound lately and relaxed/instrumentally sparse music is very calming and i just love it,ย i'm sure this album will have from heat & energy, thunder is definitely upbeat, but i'd love slower/relaxed, stripped-back, acoustic vibe, maybe this will be fully realized in a different album, like the folk/county covers album, or the nikki lane album :)ย 

๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“‡๐’พ๐“๐“Ž๐“ƒ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐’ฟ๐‘œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’ธ

๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐’ป๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“Œ๐‘œ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ถ๐’ป๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’น๐’ถ๐“‡๐“€

๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐“‚๐“Ž ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž

I definitely think this album is coming on the 4th, if not around that date. I mean, sheโ€™s active andย liking tweets from accounts saying theyโ€™re excited for the album on July 4th. Thatโ€™s a great sign, right? Right??ย :creepna:

your vulgar darlingย  :blush3:

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

very unpopular opinion, but i would actually love anything "folk" or just slow & mellow from lana

ย 

If she goes full folk, I want Mazzy Star vibes... Chemtrails for me was not it, but I'm guessing she's still trying to find her sound in that direction, and may achieve it with this record

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2:ย 

4 minutes ago, colaandvideogames said:

I definitely think this album is coming on the 4th, if not around that date. I mean, sheโ€™s active andย liking tweets from accounts saying theyโ€™re excited for the album on July 4th. Thatโ€™s a great sign, right? Right??ย :creepna:

Wait...she is?!ย :kris:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

ย 

If she goes full folk, I want Mazzy Star vibes... Chemtrails for me was not it, but I'm guessing she's still trying to find her sound in that direction, and may achieve it with this record

ย 

definitely! "give you my lovin" & "into dust" are very "folky" and mellow, i think that sound would suit lana beautifullyย :thankyou:

๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“‡๐’พ๐“๐“Ž๐“ƒ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐’ฟ๐‘œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’ธ

๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐’ป๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“Œ๐‘œ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ถ๐’ป๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’น๐’ถ๐“‡๐“€

๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐“‚๐“Ž ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž

She liked a bunch of tweets from major publications, radio stations, and music streaming sites wishing her a happy birthday - a few of which mentioned Blue Banisters coming out on July 4th. I think she just liked them because they were kind to wish her a happy birthday and not necessarily because she wanted to confirm the release date....BUT I do think July 4th is still happeningย :yesnod:

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

She liked a bunch of tweets from major publications, radio stations, and music streaming sites wishing her a happy birthday - a few of which mentioned Blue Banisters coming out on July 4th. I think she just liked them because they were kind to wish her a happy birthday and not necessarily because she wanted to confirm the release date....BUT I do think July 4th is still happeningย :yesnod:

ย 

She really did like this one! Itโ€˜s cummingย :icant:

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

ย 

i can feel the delulu being revived just by reading this... JULY 4TH IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!! TRIPLE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!ย QXZ507k.gif

FSTEoXB.gifย giphy.gifย rhzxEM2.gif8Iw6VWw.gif

ย 

ย 

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

ย 

i can feel the delulu being revived just by reading this... JULY 4TH IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!! TRIPLE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!ย QXZ507k.gif

FSTEoXB.gifย giphy.gifย rhzxEM2.gif8Iw6VWw.gif

ย 

ย 

We NEED to recreate the energy of August 28th...ourย collective senses must come together!

tenor.gif

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

very unpopular opinion, but i would actually love anything "folk" or just slow & mellow from lana, i've been really into that vibe/sound lately and relaxed/instrumentally sparse music is very calming and i just love it,ย i'm sure this album will have from heat & energy, thunder is definitely upbeat, but i'd love slower/relaxed, stripped-back, acoustic vibe, maybe this will be fully realized in a different album, like the folk/county covers album, or the nikki lane album :)ย 

ย 

Don't worry, we'll get some slow songs, that always happens. on the other hand, i don't really want anything folky. i don't need her to turnย boring and casual. i wanna hear some fun new weird ass tracks like some kind of psychedelic rock or prog rock or glam rock. something weird and different. we need more venice bitches but all we'll get are let me love yous....ย 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

14 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

ย 

ย 

She won't do Mazzy Star vibes. I already accepted this and we all should too

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

We NEED to recreate the energy of August 28th...ourย collective senses must come together!

tenor.gif

ย 

JULY 4THย tenor.gifย LDR8ย tenor.gifย MIKE DEANย tenor.gifย ZACH DAWESย tenor.gifย ELECTRIC GUITARSย tenor.gifย THUNDERย tenor.gifย THE ALBUM IS COMINGย tenor.gifย BE PREPAREDย tenor.gif

Oh say can you see should be a single released on July fourth and itโ€™s a compete rework, she drops the album THUNDER and releases a music video.

ย 

she goes live and sings bb and thunder live, explains the 20 album name changes and smokes a cigarette but calls it a fag

ย 

ย she then proceeds to release your dates, Europe and Canada etc

ย 

She goes full insta baddie and everything week she performs one song live and talks about the writing process for each song

ย 

ย 

FUCK I just wanna see more of heeerrrrrrr

:lange:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

ย 

JULY 4THย tenor.gifย LDR8ย tenor.gifย MIKE DEANย tenor.gifย ZACH DAWESย tenor.gifย ELECTRIC GUITARSย tenor.gifย THUNDERย tenor.gifย THE ALBUM IS COMINGย tenor.gifย BE PREPAREDย tenor.gif

BLUE BANISTERStenor.gif

ย 

TEXT BOOKtenor.gif

ย 

WILDFLOWER WILDFIREย tenor.gif

ย 

DEALER ย tenor.gif

ย 

ย 

THUNDER ย tenor.gif

ย 

CONFESSIONAL LYRICSย tenor.gif

ย 

POWERFUL VOCALSย tenor.gif

ย 

THE NEW ALBUM FROM LANA DEL REYย tenor.gif

ย 

AN IMMERSIVE INSTRUMENTAL & LYRICALย EXPERIENCEย tenor.gif

ย 

COMING TO YOU ON JULY 4thย tenor.gif

38 minutes ago, shady said:

The only thing that suggest that Lana's album will be a mess are the car selfies and the overly simple production but those songs could be only demos.ย 

that, her complete and utter silence and theย fact she scrapped half of the album two weeks before itโ€™s releaseโ€ฆthat screams big ass mess to me especially considering what happened last time she scrapped a whole concept last minuteโ€ฆ.

thunder just came up on shuffle... IT'S A SIGN EVERYBODY!

ย 

YOU ROLL LIKE THUNDERRRRRย giphy.gif

ย 

42 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Same, I'd love if she gave us another folky album, but with a better production (which she served with the 3 singles) and more dreamy and jazzy. Manifesting Venice Beach, MAC, NFR, Religion, Terrenceย Loves You, God Knows I Tried, The Greatest, White Dress, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Trash Magic, SYTH and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood vibes.