Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

@lanasbottom chem is not a upbeat poppy album to have great streaming numbers.  

Her other albums all had something for the GP

NFR- DT/FIILY/MAC/CG

LFL.. - almost half the album

HM- HBTB.

And she was top tier popular during UV BTD era.

Recently alot of alt pop artists have come up and everyone always likes something new ...

And tbh Alt was the genre of the previous decade.

I dont see alt pop going big in the coming decade.

GEN Z prefers music with beats. Something to make tiktok out of .or Insta reels. .

To stay relevant artists nowadays have to endorse almost every new trend that's coming up. Or be vocally supportive of every issue. Or be flashy. 

Billie had the whole neon baggy clothes aesthetic. She wouldnt be as successful as she is atm had she not gone for that aesthetic. 

Yes. Lana might need to dish out more pop numbers to become POPULAR. But she is already FAMOUS and will stay relevant for years to come. Credits to her unique sound and songwriting. 

13 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes. Lana might need to dish out more pop numbers to become POPULAR. But she is already FAMOUS and will stay relevant for years to come. Credits to her unique sound and songwriting. 

i agree with everything you said. that fame and relevancy won’t stay forever. the gp basically hates her, a huge chunk of her fans unstanned or are on the brink of unstanning. she won’t get a lot of new fans with 0 promo and "repetitive" music. if you discovered lana today through the 3 singles or cocc you probably won’t stan her the way you did years ago. she hasn’t really offered us anything new or fundamentally exciting since nfr. add to that the increasingly messier eras and her unprofessionalism….it’s just starting to get A LOT. even most of us on here won’t put up with her shit eternally. either way she has to reinvent herself, her sound, do something new or different, anything… cause right now it’s just not it. it’s not normal that a majority of a fanbase isn’t even excited for their favs new music and is just mostly either frustrated or having very low expectations. it shouldn’t be like that… 

She needs a better PR team. And someone to actually proofread her statements before she goes off.

There was 0 damage control post QFTC..

She derailed her  image with poor phrasing, although her intentions were right. 

Taylor was cancelled from 2016-2019. But the GP LOVES her now.  Because Taylor kept promoting LGBTQ equality or endorsing new upcoming artists or trying to be very political.

Lana will recover. Slowly but surely. She just needs to do some PR stunts. 

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

She needs a better PR team. And someone to actually proofread her statements before she goes off.

There was 0 damage control post QFTC..

She derailed her  image with poor phrasing, although her intentions were right. 

Taylor was cancelled from 2016-2019. But the GP LOVES her now.  Because Taylor kept promoting LGBTQ equality or endorsing new upcoming artists or trying to be very political.

Lana will recover. Slowly but surely. She just needs to do some PR stunts. 

well then let’s hope she won’t do it through an awful h&m like music video full of forced gay pandering like the swiffer lady did :illumarina:

can’t she just do a charity live stream concert on a quiet beach ? is that so much to ask for ??? 

Lana lives in her own world. Half the time she doesnt even know what's happening. I'm pretty sure she would have signed the Equality act if she knew about it.

Maybe her managers should try to make her aware of what's going on. 

Some of y’all should really just “unstan” already and get it over with :eyeroll: 

Spoiler

You don’t have to like everything she puts out or even be happy with her current direction at all, but if it causes you that much distress or you’re that bothered by her behaviour or you genuinely just want her to hop on new trends & rule the charts or whatever, then maybe you’re “stanning” the wrong artist. Is being angry and upset all the time really worth it? Don’t you think you’d be maybe just a little happier focusing on something/someone that brings you joy? Just food for thought.. :oic3:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

10 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

she won’t get a lot of new fans with 0 promo and "repetitive" music

either way she has to reinvent herself, her sound, do something new or different, anything… 

The 3 new singles seem like a reinvention to me, they're all very distinct from anything she's released in the past. I wouldn't say they're repetitive either, each have their own unique elements. Her statement that she wanted Jack to go more "wild" with the production in chemtrails also shows she at least wanted it to be more experimental/different than NFR 

2 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Some of y’all should really just “unstan” already and get it over with :eyeroll: 

Hide contents

You don’t have to like everything she puts out or even be happy with her current direction at all, but if it causes you that much distress or you’re that bothered by her behaviour or you genuinely just want her to hop on new trends & rule the charts or whatever, then maybe you’re “stanning” the wrong artist. Is being angry and upset all the time really worth it? Don’t you think you’d be maybe just a little happier focusing on something/someone that brings you joy? Just food for thought.. :oic3:

I agree. I had that with Taylor since she dropped Fearless TV and now I unstaned her and I feel so much happier.

Mfhp.gif

7 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Hide contents

I’m not so crazy over her new songs (except for BB for now)… but hearing today’s new releases from Ed Sheeran, Doja Cat etc… guys… sorry but their songs are so bad actually. They can’t even compare to Lana’s weakest songs and that’s on that. You guys should appreciate that. 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Hide contents

I never meant that she should hop on new trends. I said that an artist nowadays to become popular among GP has to do that.

I'm perfectly fine with Lana being the way she is and I love her music more than ever. My replies were just pointing out stuff to another user.

4 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I never meant that she should hop on new trends. I said that an artist nowadays to become popular among GP has to do that.

I'm perfectly fine with Lana being the way she is and I love her music more than ever. My replies were just pointing out stuff to another user.

My post wasn’t directed at you, I actually agreed with all your posts! :bebe: We’re def on the same page here. :agree: Mine is directed at everyone who repeatedly threatens to “unstan” yet are still constantly here whining about literally everything. :brows3:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

18 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Hide contents

no ones asking that tho? not a single person on here asked her to hop on tiktok trends or get a #1 on the charts. asking her to at least talk about her music and give a sense that she still cares about her work, just doing the bare minimum isn’t asking her to jump on trends. these types of comments are giving "you want her to be pop and do btd again" when people are just asking for a bit more production value or professionalism. when i say the comprehension issues on here are rampant :eyeroll2: