Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

28 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

This album is going to be very slow and most of them will have only one instrument - piano, just accept it. The next song is a good example, it's piano only, Thunder and Cherry Blossom are also slow, so no electric guitars, at least for this album.

well thunder does have electric guitars in it, unless she removes them

12 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

well thunder does have electric guitars in it, unless she removes them

We need that part from Living Legend where she harmonises with the guitar yup

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

the song blue banisters reminds me of a story debra tate told in her recollection book of sharon about the day of the moon landing. I saw the story again yesterday since it was the 52nd anniversary and there’s just this feeling of similarity. I think I compare the two because lana paints this picture of her and her two “sisters” (jenny and nikki) swimming in the pool like in debras story, and there’s also this overwhelming feeling of the comfort u get from family/friends in everyday life for both. The song and debras story are both peaceful and leave off on positive notes, but still have unsettling undertones. 

anyway I pasted @adoringsharon (instagram) caption of the story in spoilers if u wanna read, thanks for reading my random thoughts

Spoiler

Today, July 20, marks 52 years since the televised Apollo 11 moon landing as well as the last gathering of the Tate family, which took place at Sharon’s Cielo Drive residence. 

Her parents Paul & Doris, and two younger sisters Debra & Patti, all went to the house to be reunited with Sharon following her return from London, where she'd been filming a new movie. 

There, the three sisters swam together in the pool. Debra brought Sharon a large tractor tyre intertube which she used to float weightless in the water. She'd take naps, and Patti would then excitedly lay her head against her bump to feel the baby moving. 

“Dad came out of the house and announced it was time. The television broadcast of the moon landing was about to start. We all got out of the pool, put on dry clothes and piled on the bed to watch this unbelievable event unfold. As Apollo 11 settled itself onto the lunar surface, there was a feeling of global unity so palpable that I almost couldn’t hold back my tears. For that brief moment, we seemed at peace. 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

I wonder if she will announce the next album before this one is out.

i would not be surprised in the slightest considering we know shes working on it already

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

i would not be surprised in the slightest considering we know shes working on it already

She must love our pre-release threads. Sometimes I want to have more time with the post-release threads but then she always teases the next album.

Mfhp.gif

If Lana were to do a “Part 2” or reprise to any of her songs, which would you pick to be on Blue Banisters?

edit: this can also be a song within the record itself—for example, a Part 2 to Blue Banisters (the song). 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

10 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If Lana were to do a “Part 2” or reprise to any of her songs, which would you pick to be on Blue Banisters?

How to disappear (wild at heart (HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI)) reprise: the Re-up part 3 (Lana’s Version)

instruments - only jingle bells

19 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

edit: this can also be a song within the record itself—for example, a Part 2 to Blue Banisters (the song). 

Another part of Wild At Heart: "Stoned at the Nail Salon" :oopna:  hehe

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

58 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Fine China Act II

59 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Thunder is somewhat like a reprise to Wildflower Wildfire :wub:

jack is doing an interview with fantano, so i probably assume he's going to get asked about lana (and potentially his involvement in BB?)

6 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Wait is it called Bird World again? 

I hope so because it's just so unhinged

Only on Lanaboards. Love it here ?

I hope the new record will embrace lots of unhinged vibes and that she goes all out with expressing her mind, no holds barred :dmd:

pandemic run off 
boyfriend/engaged/ cancelled 
she's an aunt now 

clearing cycles of pain w BB, WW, n TB

makes me think that she's trying to piece something perfect 

and if the relationship fallout is what's delaying the record, then yeah forsure it's a major setback to the "bones" of the record but it's still a very much smart move to've released the 3 tracks, they're pretty solid w or w/o n w the current title track's context n story, would still work without him. 

dealer was supposed to be on the tracklist still rite? 

WW's still versatile enough to be about a love song centered from learning and doing better than her predecessors. 
TB's that nostalgia moment 

i'm wondering how much of an involvement the relationship seeped into the record

and just in general what changes/ waiting for inspiration- moments that she's looking for to finish the record. 

i'm sure there'll be a wild happy n free moment of a track, so what's blocking her from doing so

UV/Honeymoon

21 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

the way i never even bother checking this thread anymore omg.....

I honestly only came by to check the Lorde thread… decided to make a quick stop here. Bare as bones. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

17 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

and if the relationship fallout is what's delaying the record, then yeah forsure it's a major setback to the "bones" of the record but it's still a very much smart move to've released the 3 tracks, they're pretty solid w or w/o n w the current title track's context n story, would still work without him. 

Oh I just remembered that music video bit with Clay in it (for BB). I really wonder if this is actually why the album got delayed, like maybe he was too involved in the cinematography overall or lyrics or smthn, especially as she loves to name drop. Anyway, now that it doesn't matter anymore, I'm glad he's gone :creep: Next!

3 minutes ago, Venice said:

Oh I just remembered that music video bit with Clay in it (for BB). I really wonder if this is actually why the album got delayed, like maybe he was too involved in the cinematography overall or lyrics or smthn, especially as she loves to name drop. Anyway, now that it doesn't matter anymore, I'm glad he's gone :creep: Next!

I can imagine like a love bliss track mentioning him or something so defo that could be a possibility. the BB snippet video that we saw could've been alright if it was just his silhouette but I understand her not wanting to include him bc of it. i'm pretty sure w everything going on she's gotta be tired of that whole cycle. 

UV/Honeymoon