Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

the thread will go silent... then when we least expect it, she will drop a 20 second low-res video with a broken smoke alarm in the background and there will be 100 new pages.

rock candy sweet forever <3

tumblr_inline_pbw9to77mj1rt2432_500.gifv

43 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I can't with y'all saying NFR was not exciting :rip:

First y'all smear it out of some cringy "ew the gp liked it"-hipster circlejerk reaction and now you blame it for all of CoCCs weaknesses.

I never said it wasn't exciting, I said I wanted something more exciting. I really do love NFR but it just doesn't make me feel the same as her earlier stuff. I feel like it's the production, I like Jack but his work doesn't always do it for me. I think it's because songs like VG and Honeymoon have the timeless, cinematic feeling.

is it a reach to   think lana leaked wild one   because its the first single of rock candy sweat and she wanted it to be a surprise

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It's so crazy to think that we have no idea how this album will sound like. She didn't even bring it up in those past days. I'm expecting something chill, with emotional lyrics. 

But I'm still manifesting Janis Joplin in Cheap Thrills 

C'mon even the track titles sounds Lana-ish. She can revive it with glory

''Right now his fans are happy. He’s told them about being drunk and chasing girls and cars and everything, and that’s about the level they enjoy. But when he gets down to facing his own success and growing older and having to produce it again and again, they’ll turn on him'' 

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/john-lennon-the-last-interview-179443/

WAIT guys, I haven’t really been on here in a few days... did her and Clay breakup? Saw something about him deactivating and her deleting all her posts of him?!

[sorry, if it’s true, I’m sure it’s old news at this point! Just need the tea!!]

5 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

WAIT guys, I haven’t really been on here in a few days... did her and Clay breakup? Saw something about him deactivating and her deleting all her posts of him?!

[sorry, if it’s true, I’m sure it’s old news at this point! Just need the tea!!]

He did deactivate his social media and he did delete his pictures with her (she didn’t post any of him ever) but there’s no official confirmation that they’ve broken up - to be fair, there were some “fan” accounts posting weird content involving Clayton and Sean and in general, a lot of fans were harassing him so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was why he deactivated his accounts. Hopefully everything’s good on Lana’s end and she’s doing okay regardless! 

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

He did deactivate his social media and he did delete his pictures with her (she didn’t post any of him ever) but there’s no official confirmation that they’ve broken up - to be fair, there were some “fan” accounts posting weird content involving Clayton and Sean and in general, a lot of fans were harassing him so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was why he deactivated his accounts. Hopefully everything’s good on Lana’s end and she’s doing okay regardless! 

Ah ok gotcha! Thanks for filling me in :kiss2:

I hope she’s ok either way too! If they did split and as long as she will be happier, I have no problems with an angry post-breakup RCS :brows:

2 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

Speaking of break ups, does anyone know her situation during covid? I don't really know anything about her personal life but could she have started writing when she broke up with the cop?

I have no clue but Tulsa Jesus Freak is definitely about mr cop so its hard to figure out a timeline with this album

tumblr_inline_pbw9to77mj1rt2432_500.gifv

11 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

Speaking of break ups, does anyone know her situation during covid? I don't really know anything about her personal life but could she have started writing when she broke up with the cop?

I’m sure she did! All of the songs on Chemtrails were written before March 2020, which is when they broke up, so Rock Candy Sweet must have been in the works as early as the beginning of the pandemic (especially since she said to Music Week that one of its working titles at the time - likely this one, “Rock Candy Sweet” - summed up the last 18 months of her life, which seems to be September 2019-March 2021)!

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m sure she did! All of the songs on Chemtrails were written before March 2020, which is when they broke up, so Rock Candy Sweet must have been in the works at least since the beginning of the pandemic (especially since she said to Music Week that one of its working titles at the time - likely this one, “Rock Candy Sweet” - summed up the last 18 months of her life, which seems to be September 2019-March 2021)!

Ah ok thanks for letting me know!

I'm hoping that she started writing straight after COCC and then got a proper idea for an album during the break up and later QFTC. I hate to say UlTrAvIolEnCE 2.0 but I'm manifesting...

15 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

She most definitely did! I remember a magazine early 2020 had an interview with an 'anon source/friend' where they said Lana had written a whole album of sad, break-up songs, all of which is very doubtful to have made it onto Chemtrails..(none of the songs on COTCC scream we just broke up)

I always figured if Lana is gonna feature her breakup on RCS it's gonna start with the break-up, have a climax during her 'QFTC' songs, and end on a sweeter note about being happy with Clay

Here's to hoping if anything happened between Lana and Clay, it doesn't throw her off for RCS

"Don’t forget me"

i like to think that tulsa jesus freak is about an affair with a priest :delish: someone mentioned it and it's not entirely impossible.... and it kinda makes sense :dua:

but anyways that's kinda irrelevant - i'm just hoping RCS is a nice bundle of anger and intensity. i could see it. and if she wrote COCC after NFR released, i feel like she was on top of the moon then, with all the critical acclaim she finally was hoping for - so kind with QFTC, sean breakup, etcetera i feel like there's anger and intensity there

sUcVobB.png

30 minutes ago, lanadelrat said:

I have no clue but Tulsa Jesus Freak is definitely about mr cop so its hard to figure out a timeline with this album

She first mentioned "White Hot Forever" before she was even with him but I guess she could've changed some lyrics

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

She first mentioned "White Hot Forever" before she was even with him but I guess she could've changed some lyrics

I was gonna say this too but I wanted to find @Clampigirl’s Chemtrail timeline to see when Lana first mentioned White Hot Forever. Lana and Sean were dating by the end of 2019 (Assuming they talked for a month or two before making it ‘official’) it could have been one of the first songs she wrote when she was with him and happy

"Don’t forget me"

The bridge to "Dance till we Die" is the direction she needs to go in with this album.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

more proof it was about the priest :dua:

i'm not religious at all, but honestly i love her albums where she mentions god or religion....  like those are top notch pieces of art. honeymoon and some of paradise/literally all of tropico for example, so no i would not mind another (steamy scandalous) religious song

sUcVobB.png