Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Elle said:

Mike: I would mesh them both I think. You got to stay true to the original, but you can definitely do your twist on it, you know?

I’m SO ready for this!

I’m picturing an Ultraviolence style shift, but instead of her classic sound mixed with rock, her classic sound mixed deep synths 

:angie:

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

i think it's ready. she also said to Annie she didn't had 4 songs ready for the next album and then... BOOM, she announced it. 

Also, her managers said she was with 2 album in the works and that fan who talked to her said she said the album was ready and she was working on new music. 

Maybe she does not want people to know it's ready because of leaks. Even if the insiders have the album, she can change it last minute and the album insiders have would be a demo version, that's why they don't leak it

i'm a dreamer but i'm from nowhere. who am i to dream?

0YnL0Kf.gif

7 minutes ago, Elle said:

Mike: Lana Del Rey, we’re working on her stuff.

Fantano: Yeah, how’s – I’ve gotten a lot of questions about that specifically. Would you be able to give an idea as to how some of that is turning out?

OF COURSE HE DID :thumb2:

Mike had to know it’d be brought up, he came ready to mention her :brows:

I wonder when they started working together?

"Don’t forget me"

I think the whole 'using strings' thing seems vague actually. It could mean anything. I'm pretty sure some strings were used in COCC and it barely scraped the surface of what BTD sounded like. I hate to be a debbie downer but :pft:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

Here's a transcription I did of the Lana bit from the interview, as I haven't seen anyone else try to type it out yet:

Mike: Lana Del Rey, we’re working on her stuff.

Fantano: Yeah, how’s – I’ve gotten a lot of questions about that specifically. Would you be able to give an idea as to how some of that is turning out?

Mike: It was just cool. I can’t give any details because it’s not done yet. We don’t know what it’s, you know, I don’t want to jinx it talking about it too much.

Fantano: I know she has that next record that’s dropping very soon this year. The work that you’re doing with her, is it specifically for that record or is it for an even further down the road project?

Mike: It’s for that record.

Fantano: Okay. 

Mike: We’re pulling stuff for future projects. I’m planning on working with her a lot.

Fantano: How exactly did that connection happen, and when it did, how familiar were you with Lana’s back catalogue?

Mike: Oh, very. A lot of my friends produce a lot of her stuff. Emile Haynie, Jeff Bhasker, and you know, all those guys.

Fantano: I guess when approaching it, I mean not to spoil too much I guess, when approaching a project like hers is it sort of your goal to continue to deliver those aesthetics that fans are sort of familiar with whether it be the piano, the strings, sort of like that almost like orchestral elegance, or are you bringing like synths to the table and everything and kind of changing it up a little bit instrumentally?

Mike: I would mesh them both I think. You got to stay true to the original, but you can definitely do your twist on it, you know?

OMFG IS THIS A DREAM IS THIS A FANTA SEA

1*VVyggXTjT67H1aidWk6gKw.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, Bunny Mozart said:

I think the whole 'using strings' thing seems vague actually. It could mean anything. I'm pretty sure some strings were used in COCC and it barely scraped the surface of what BTD sounded like. I hate to be a debbie downer but :pft:

Agree, Mike could have just been referring to how he wants to mesh her sound with his, generally. Not specifically messing strings with his sound

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

9 minutes ago, Elle said:

Mike: We’re pulling stuff for future projects. I’m planning on working with her a lot.

This makes me so excited for the album :trisha:

6 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Maybe she does not want people to know it's ready because of leaks. Even if the insiders have the album, she can change it last minute and the album insiders have would be a demo version, that's why they don't leak it

That would honestly make a lot of sense, maybe she just wants to keep the details about the album private now too :)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

59 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

She wasn’t a fan of the production on born to die, she said that in an interview. If anyone waters down mike dean’s masterpiece it will be Lana

Paradise is even more produced than BTD and it sounds exactly like she wanted. I hope that Mike Dean pushes her out of her comfort zone

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

!!!!

818628179761430538.gif?v=1

!!!!

me when I press play on the new album

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Sorry to repeat whats been said, but no way an album that isn’t finished now is coming out July 4th..so thats over.  Mastering and vinyl pressing takes 3 months tops. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Sorry to repeat whats been said, but no way an album that isn’t finished now is coming out July 4th..so thats over.  Mastering and vinyl pressing takes 3 months tops. 

Mastering can be done solidly in a day or literally a week - it’s not that lengthy of a process. Manufacturing takes longer, but that can be done in 6 weeks. Unless she puts the physics out at a later date, yeah, it’s not coming in July. 

5 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

i think we need @LanzDelRey back

yes we need our thai legend to come through

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think we'll get bb music video on that date instead

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

11 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Yeah this is honestly the biggest “fuck you” and it’s starting to bother me because you don’t have to say anything about a date when you’re riled up from what critics or other people say. It’s the same story time and time again: “this is BS and I’m getting back at u w/ new album out on unrealistic day” and it’s more a disservice to her fanbase than anything. Yet here I am excited af cause I enjoy all of her projects and they turn out great, I’m just dreading this uncertain wait now. First June, then July... all my assumptions are out the window at this point 

62025977-6-B62-4339-AD76-30-CC6-B9-C00-A

7 minutes ago, Life said:

Mastering can be done solidly in a day or literally a week - it’s not that lengthy of a process. Manufacturing takes longer, but that can be done in 6 weeks. Unless she puts the physics out at a later date, yeah, it’s not coming in July. 

she’s said durring two album cycles now, it takes 90 days/12 weeks for her vinyls to be pressed. The fact that that has been consistent has to mean something because she never says the same lie twice. 

there’s no way it can be done in 6, magically, while covid is still going (especially since her album had a 16 week production this year)

"Don’t forget me"

I am really curious to see how Mike plans to incorporate her classic sound ( whatever he means by that ) into his own style :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I think the song is definitely coming soon, but the album I’m not so sure especially after him saying that it’s not done yet but that IT IS for the upcoming album.....

I really hope it comes out on July 4th cause it would be such a classic Lana thing to do

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...