Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I’m just stopping by to say that I’m hyyyypeddddd, I was listening to Diet Mountain Dew today and if Lana and Mike made a song like that, piano with some fire beats over it, I’d be sooo happy! I can’t wait to hear Blue Banisters in full, I haven’t played the snippet since it was teased so it won’t get too stuck in my mind, but aaahhahhsnsjsn

I wanna hear it soon, please please please this Friday so I can overplay it on my birthday. :poordat:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

50 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

That insider saying "Lana is getting into her past a lot lately" (or whatever was said) has to be THE most vaguest thing ever. As far as I'm concerned, Lana has always gotten into her past when writing her songs. How is that insider info? Talk about stretching :yawn:

He really loves to be vague, fueling our never ending speculation. It could mean anything. 
now Billboard, just confirm that his damn Dua song got to number 1 so he can spill about the Lana collab. 

If Mike Dean really pulls through with the textured, synth-heavy production, I could totally see BB ending up something like these two songs. L$D is a bit more stripped and has a bit of a buildup, but I think it could end up similar:flutter:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i really hope we have some snippets to conflab about the album's sound. nfr era had so many snippets and we only got TJF on chemtrails era. i hope it's very diverse and can have sounds that she has never experimented before. i don't want BTD 2.0, i want BB 1.0.

21 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

BB has to come out this month, it's written in its lyrics "said he'd come back every may" if it doesn't, that line won't hit the same... 

Would it be perfect? Yes. 
But on LFL, she sings about being kept hot like July forever and the song got released in April, so... 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If Mike Dean really pulls through with the textured, synth-heavy production, I could totally see BB ending up something like these two songs. L$D is a bit more stripped and has a bit of a buildup, but I think it could end up similar:flutter:

YES! I love this! I remember when Lana posted that video of herself driving around Palm Springs during the Coachella weekend in 2016, listening to L$D. Those vibes would be a perfect blend between her usual style and something with a more hip-hop-esque sound :wub:

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

MIKE DEAN PRODUCED CURRENTS????? WE ARE REALLY HERE FOR THE WIN!

hold on, but what if....rock candy sweet = dealer:trisha:
listen to me right fucking now. in this very early version of Chemtrails Over The Country Club tracklist, "Loved you then and now" is at position 8th. Eclipse just confirmed on his instagram, that "Loved you then and now" = "Rock Candy Sweet". Lana wanted Dealer to be at position 8th, but as we know, she likes to change titles, so did she really change "Dealer" to "Loved you then and now", removed it from COTCC to save it for another record and renamed it to "Rock Candy Sweet"? Holy fuck, my mind :ma:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

OMG MIKE DEAN PRODUCED CURRENTS??? WE ARE REALLY HERE FOR THE WIN

He didn’t to my knowledge, but I was more listing them as tracks I anticipate and hope BB will sound like if that makes any sense lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, venice witch said:

hold on, but what if....rock candy sweet = dealer:trisha:
listen to me right fucking now. in this very early version of Chemtrails Over The Country Club tracklist, "Loved you then and now" is at position 8th. Eclipse just confirmed on his instagram, that "Loved you then and now" = "Rock Candy Sweet". Lana wanted Dealer to be at position 8th, but as we know, she likes to change titles, so did she really changed "Dealer" to "Loved you then and now", removed it from COTCC to save it for another record and renamed it to "Rock Candy Sweet"? Holy fuck, my mind :ma:

love your energy so much dear but this has been said 20 times already. 

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

He didn’t to my knowledge, but I was more listing them as tracks I anticipate and hope BB will sound like if that makes any sense lol

oh ok, but yeah i'm really wishing this type of sound

7 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i want to believe its coming this week but im traumatised after february 26th :sideeye:

The only insider who ever said it was coming was Eclipse (and even he said he was just going off the website). Nobody ever flat out said it was coming Feb 26th..so it was traumatizing but it feels very different this time 

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

i really hope we have some snippets to conflab about the album's sound. nfr era had so many snippets and we only got TJF on chemtrails era.

I think my favorite part about COTCC was not having the snippets and while I do like the buzz having snippets brings, I won’t be listening because I don’t want it to sour my first listen. I have heard the BB snippet but only because it’s going to be released hopefully soon, and have purposely avoid listening to it the past couple weeks 

"Don’t forget me"