Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I know they're all (supposedly) ballads, but Wildflower Wildfire sounds so upbeat and sexy just based on the title :hair:

imageproxy.jpg

Something I haven’t seen anyone mention is Mike’s work w/ Dermot Kennedy, an Irish folk-hop(ish) artist. I think we can probably expect WW to resemble it somewhat, perhaps more than his hip hop work!

Mike Dean did a whole EP with Dermot and this was the most popular song—very ethereal yet sparse with synths and trap beats over heavy rhythmic drums: https://open.spotify.com/track/279wTl3jHhGbPLSYlkMNZC?si=kghxoDvCTaC4vJE6-bffTA

2 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Something I haven’t seen anyone mention is Mike’s work w/ Dermot Kennedy, an Irish folk-hop(ish) artist. I think we can probably expect WW to resemble it somewhat, perhaps more than his hip hop work!

Mike Dean did a whole EP with Dermot and this was the most popular song: https://open.spotify.com/track/279wTl3jHhGbPLSYlkMNZC?si=kghxoDvCTaC4vJE6-bffTA

wow this production is so CLEAN and seamless i can totally imagine WW after hearing this! 

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, cru3lworld said:

wow this production is so CLEAN and seamless i can totally imagine WW after hearing this! 

Isn’t it sooo good? I love that EP and can totally see Lana blending in seamlessly and melodically with that style :wub:

question for the culture: since 3 songs were used as a basis for a short film before (tropico) , could the same thing be happening now?

24 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I know they're all (supposedly) ballads, but Wildflower Wildfire sounds so upbeat and sexy just based on the title :hair:

Ballads...? :icant:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

3 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

The songs were describe by BoZ as "three beautiful ballads". Two of them are produced by Gabriel Edward Simon (Text Book and Blue Banisters) and one is produced by Mike Dean (Wildflower Wildfire)

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Most of Lana’s discography could be considered “ballads” and (while I love Jack’s production) I don’t think the new songs will be as stripped-back as his work with Lana.

I know you love Carmen and that song could be considered a ballad (even with its beats) so don’t worry! <3

38 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

not yet, there's a likely chance that they won't show up at all after the cotcc era...

but i guess you never know for sure :oopna:

yeah i’m 100% sure her team is smart (for once) and doesn’t add the songs on shazam 3 months before their release :yawn:  but technically, after the songs come out tomorrow, we should be able to crack the code again and find out the rest of the tracklist right? :dua:

41 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I just need a summery horny anthem idc what else is goin on 

i think that's why she chose a hiphop producer. She realised the slow ballads aren't charting or making a lot of money, so she's gunning for a hit. She does this after every two records. Think about it -  born to die was hip hop, then uv and hm. Then came lust for life, followed by nfr and chemtrails. Now is the time for hip-hop infused sound again.

just one upbeat track i can listen to at the gym lana, come on girl!!

I’m getting really excited for the new songs. I think they’re going to be deep, reflective, but still fun and fresh.

This album already feels like it’s going to be career album.

Chemtrails felt more like Honeymoon in that it was intimately personal and almost read like a vanity project that existed solely in Lana’s innermost mind. And those records are necessary as they complement Lana’s “bigger” records that extend beyond her own world (I love all her records and they all serve a purpose) - 

But I feel like this album - like Norman Fucking Rockwell! or Born to Die -  will be one that paints Lana in a bit of a new light and offers a different perspective from her while not straying too far away from her classic output. It’s gonna be good ? 

3 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:
  Hide contents

Sem-T-tulo-1.png

what do you guys think of this cover i did yesterday 

the insta tag of her name is iconic!! I think this selfie fits the RCS vibe so well 

"Don’t forget me"

9 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:
  Hide contents

Sem-T-tulo-1.png

what do you guys think of this cover i did yesterday 

LOVE :wub: